Department of Inorganic
and Physical Chemistry
Vyatka State University
Faculty of Chemistry
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry was founded in 1967.
Type of the Department:
Graduate (1966 – 1969 specialty "Technology of inorganic substances", 1966 – 1972
specialty "Technology of inorganic substances")
Non graduate (general theoretical) – 1970 – till present
Heads of the Department:
1966 - 1974
1975 - 1987
1988 - 2010
2010- till present
Research Work (1967-2010)
Direction #1: Getting new chalcogenide glasses with ionic conductivity and creation on their basis
of ion-selective membranes (PhD, Assoc. Prof. Pazin A.V.). Fundamentals of the metric
homogeneous chemical diagrams of non-crystalline systems were developed. The problem of
obtaining a chalcogenide glass with the desired properties was solved.
Direction #2: Study of ion transport and diffusion in glassy and
crystalline materials (PhD, Assoc. Prof. Rykova Т.S.). Synthesis method was developed, received
and investigated chalcogenide alloys containing significant amounts of silver.
Direction #3: Solid electrolyte materials with a wide range of applications. Development of new
solid electrolytes (PhD, Assoc. Prof. Leushina А. P.). technique of obtaining solid electrolyte
membranes for electrochemical doping of lead, cadmium, copper, germanium, indium in quasi salt
systems was developed. Technique of obtaining sensitive elements for solid electrolyte sensors for
sulfur-and lead-containing gases was developed.
Direction #4: Study of anion conducting solid electrolytes (PhD, Prof. Kalinina L.А.). For the
first time in the world science have been obtained solid electrolytes with a fundamentally new
type of conductivity - sulfidionnym. Proposed use of the system investigated in electrochemical
devices for sensors to sulfa environment electrolysis to produce compound semiconductors with
Research Work (1967-2010)
Direction #5: New generation of cation conducting solid electrolytes based on β-alumina
(technology, structure, properties) (PhD, Prof. Kalinina L.А.). Samples of pure and doped lithium -
conductive and iron (II) - conducting solid electrolyte in the structure of a-alumina were developed.
The resulting solid electrolyte membrane used in electrochemical sensors for the determination of
the activity of iron in steel, alloys of iron - antimony, as well as the heat transfer medium is lead
alloys with low iron content.
Direction #6: Non-waste production (PhD, Prof. Kalinina L.A.)
Technology of organic fertilizer from chicken lignin litter was developed.
Made recommendations on the composition of fertilizers.
Basic flow diagram of waste with the calculation of basic units was requested: a drum dryer and
heater, manufactured range of standard equipment.
(2010 – till present)
Direction #1: New functional ceramic materials creation
Creation of sulfide conductive solid electrolytes aims to address the fundamental problem of
obtaining new functional ceramic materials. Electrolytic properties of the compounds allow
their use in:
• in the electrochemical sensors for sulfur-containing gases;
• in the electrochemical devices for semiconductor of nonstoichiometric compounds with
controlled composition and properties;
• in the cells for the disposal of waste gas and produce ultra-pure substances.
Direction #2: Development of methods for detection of various contaminants in
natural and waste waters.
The purpose of this direction is to study the chemical composition of the surface and
artesian water. Supposed to determine the ionic composition of the surface and artesian
water content of heavy metals - toxic substances, the presence of ammonium and nitrate nitrogen
and other important and most dangerous pollutants for human health. To implement the
planned research is proposed to use in combination improved
chemical and physico-chemical methods of analysis with the use of modern
analytical equipment, has low detection limits, high
accuracy and reproducibility of results.
(2010 - till present)
Direction #3: Semi-empirical approaches in the study of nucleation in steam systems
Nucleation, i.e. the formation of a new phase in a heterogeneous system -
an integral part of and chemical processes, and natural phenomena.
The successful solution of the problems associated with aerosol formation in industrial environments and
the atmosphere, the fight smog, receipt of nanoscale materials assumes full
study of the kinetics of nucleation. As part of this research direction has been proposed and
developing the most promising method for modeling of nucleation based on
Semiempirical construction of the surface nucleation rate based on the phase diagrams.
This method allows to obtain the correct model for systems of any complexity.
(2010 - till present)
Direction #4: Creation of modifying systems
on the basis of alkene phenols for technical
and tire rubber
Proposed based on the reaction products alkenylation
resorcinols 1,3-pentadiene in the presence of
acid catalyst followed by treatment with
reaction mass of hexamine.
(2010 - till present)
Additional funding of research projects
• «New generation of anion conducting solid electrolytes (Synthesis, Structure, Properties)». Scientific program
"Universities of Russia". Кalinina L.А.
• «Synthesis and study of the electrolytic properties of solid phases with sulfides tiogadolinata conductivity on the
basis of calcium depending on the prior history of the oxide charge». Grant FTSTP. Кalinina L.А.
• «Synthesis and study of the electrolytic properties of solid electrolytes for the study of non-stoichiometric
semiconductor sulphides». Grant FTSTP. Кalinina L.А.
• «Thermodynamic approach to the selection of the solid phases with sulfides conductivity». Grant RFFR. Кalinina
• «Investigation of the properties of new germanium conducting solid electrolytes». Grant FTSTP. Leushina А.P.
• «New functional materials with sulfur ion conductivity (synthesis, structure and transport properties)». Grant RFFR.
• «Creating and processing of crystalline materials». Competition of the Ministry of Education and Science of the
Russian Federation. Кalinina L.А.
• Grant from the Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and Technology: Project:
«Creating the sensor potentiometric type on sulfur gases».
1. Leushina А.P., Мakhanova Е.V. Method of manufacturing eleienta sensitive sensor for analyzing sulfur media. Patent №
2. Кalinina L.А., Leushina А.P., Vorobyova N.N. Electrochemical cell for the analysis of sulfur-containing environments.
Certificate of authorship № 1289208. USSR, 1987.
3. Leushina А.P., Pazin А.V., Vorobyova N.N., Kassikhina N.М., Suslova О.S. Solid electrolyte for high-temperature sensor.
Certificate of authorship № 1454074. USSR, 1989.
4. Leushina А.P., Pazin А.V., Kozhin V.S. Method of chalcogenide glasses producing. Certificate of authorship № 1533243,
5. Leushina А.P., Vorobyova N.N., Pazin А.V., Tikhanova А.G. Solid electrolyte for high-temperature sensor. Certificate of
authorship № 1535165, 1990.
6. Kalinina L.А., Vlasyuk L.N., Leushina А.P., Vakhrusheva G.I., Ievleva Zh.I., Plokhikh А.А. Electrolytic cell for the
analysis of iron-containing media. Certificate of authorship № 1550409, 1990.
7. Kalinina L.А., Shirokova G.I., Leushina А.P., Vlasyuk L.N., Karev Е.N. Electrochemical cell for the analysis of sulfur-
containing atmospheres. Certificate of authorship № 1568715, 1990.
8. Pazin А.V., Chermenin V.V., Rykov V.V., Rumyantsev S.V., Vikhrov S.P. Semiconductor glassy material. Certificate of
authorship № 1526120, 1990.
9. Pazin А.V., Rykova Т.S., Chermenin V.V., Rykov V.V., Khabetov А.V. Semiconductor glassy material. Certificate of
authorship № 1618128, 1991.
10. Kalinina L.А., Vlasyuk L.N., Оvchinnikova М.P., Shirokova G.I., Belyanina R.G., Pestova М.P. Electrochemical cell for
the analysis of iron-containing atmospheres. Certificate of authorship № 1718099, 1992.
11. Кalinina L.А., Shirokova L.I., Lyalina М.Yu., Мurin I.V. Electrochemical cell for the preparation of chemically pure
elements. Patent № 2089894, 1997.
12. Rossinskiy А.P., Кadyrmatova Т.P., Аbramochkin E.S, others. Curable rubber compound based on carbon-chain rubbers.
Certificate of authorship № 1288188, 1987.
13. Кalinina L.А., Кoshurnikova Е.V., Ushakova Yu.N., Аnanchenko B.А. solid-state electrolyte. № 2011116973.
1. Rossinskiy А.А., Аlalykin А.А., Chagaev S.V. The builder - Resin AP-U for polymer compositions // Journal of
Applied Chemistry. 2010, V. 83, pp. 1746-1748.
2. Leushina А.N., Makhanova Е.V., Zlomanov V.P. Dependence of the thermodynamic and electrical properties of the
type and concentration of defects in certain semiconductor materials // Journal "Inorganic Materials“, 2010, № 3, pp.1-
3. Аnisimov М. P., Fominykh Е. G. Modern study of nucleation: experiment and semi empirical approaches // Journal
"Chemical Physics“, 2010, V. 29, №1, pp. 75-85.
4. Anisimov M. P., Fominykh E. G. Modern Studies of Nucleation: Experiment and Semiempirical Approaches //
Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2010, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 125–134.
5. Koshurnikova Е.V., Kalinina L.А., Ushakova Yu.N., Ananchenko B.А., Bezdenezhnykh L.А. Synthesis and study of
the structure and electrolytic properties of complex sulphide phases quasibinary section CaYb2S4-Y2S3 // Journal
"Electrochemistry“, V. 47, № 5, 2011, pp. 586-594.
6. Mikhaylichenko Т.V., Кalinina L.А., Ushakova Yu.N., Shirokova G.I., Tokareva Т.V. Preparation and investigation of
the electrolytic properties of complex sulfide phases BaSm2S4-Tm2S3 // Journal "Electrochemistry“, 2011, V. 47, № 5,
7. Кalinina L.А., Ushakova Yu. N., Koshurnikova Е.V., Mikhaylichenko Т.V., Ananchenko B.А., Yurlov I.S.
Electrolytic properties of phases MeLn2S4-Ln/2S3, obtained with the assistance of the sol-gel and cryochemical
technology // Journal "Physics and Chemistry of Glass“, 2011, V. 37, № 6, pp. 892-907.
8. B. A. Ananchenko, E. V. Koshurnikova, L. A. Kalinina, Yu. N. Ushakova, L. A. Bezdenezhnykh Transport Properties
of Sulfide - Conductive Solid Electrolyte in the System CaYb2S4–Yb2S3 // Glass Physics and Chemistry, 2012, Vol. 38,
No. 4, pp. 402–412.
Staff of the department actively involved in the
contractual work on the subject of
1. Economic agreement №34 «Development of effective methods for
cleaning industrial waste fluoride» (Kirovo-Chepetsk).
2. Economic agreement №842 «Electrochemical method of doping
chromium cadmium selenide silver and copper».
3. Economic agreement №935 «Development of a solid electrolyte
membrane for use in the sensor analyzer for divalent iron ions»
4. Economic agreement №1047 «Off-site analyzer working»
5. Economic agreement №286 «Definition and calculation of the
availability of various forms of sulfide in wastewater fur factory
chemical methods of analysis» (Slobodskoy).
6. Economic agreement №818 «Analysis of oxygen» (Kirov).
23 theses for the degree of PhD:
• Кalinina L.А. «Investigation of the ternary system BaS-ZrS2 with the proposed sulfide anion conductance»;
• Lyapunova G.B. «Investigation of the mechanism of electrode processes on the oxygen electrode of copper oxide and
platinum in cells with solid electrolyte»;
• Kozhin V.S. «Study of chalcogenide glasses in the system Na-As-Se-Ge»;
• Rykova Т.S. «Physico-chemical studies of chalcogenide glasses in the system P-Se Ag-As-Se»;
• Rykov V.V. «Photo deformation in CdS»
• Rossinskiy А.P. «Modification of tire and technical rubber compounds based on dihydric phenols»;
• Кomm T.Z. «Study of the thermodynamic properties of rare-earth aluminate»;
• Leushina А.P. «Study of some properties of non-stoichiometric monohalca lead»;
• Shirokova G.I. «Solid electrolyte in systems CaS – Y2S3 и BaS – Tm2S3»
• Lyalina М.Yu. «Synthesis and electrolytic properties of solid electrolytes Ca(Ba)Nd2S4-Nd2S3»
• Ushakova Yu.N. «Synthesis and study of TEL-based calcium»
• Fominykh Е.G. «Synthesis, research and application of solid electrolytes based on calcium»
• Makhanova Е.B. «Touchscreen devices nonstoichiometric electrodes sulfur compounds»
• Tsirenova (Plashnitsa) L.S. «Obtaining and electrical properties of highly conductive oxide doped with sulfur»
• Medvedeva О.F. «Synthesis and properties of the solid electrolytic phases based on calcium»
At the present the Department employs a team that is a fusion of both experienced and young
scientists, which embodied the best features of the old Russian school and modern scientific
methods and approaches to the theoretical and practical developments.
Мikhaylichenko Т.V.Коshurnikova Е.V. Аnanchenko B.А. Baboshina Т.А.Pyankova М.V.
The Department at present
The Department at present
1. Department of Inorganic Chemistry in Lomonosov Moscow State University,
academician, Doctor, Professor Tretyakov Yu.D., Professor, Doctor Kaul А.R.,
Professor, Doctor Churagulov B.R.
2. St. Petersburg State University, Department of Chemistry, Department of Solids
Chemistry, Professor, Doctor Мurin I.V.
3. Institute of High Temperature Electrochemistry, Head of the Laboratory, Doctor
Bronin D.I., Doctor Кurumchin E.Kh., Doctor Shkerin S.N.
4. Institute of Chemical Physics Problems (Chernogolovka), Laboratory of Solid
State ionics, Head of the Laboratory, Doctor Dobrovolskiy Yu.А., Doctor
5. Technological Design Institute of Scientific Instrument (Novosibirsk), Head of
the Laboratory of Nanosprays, Professor, Doctor Аnisimov М.P.
Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation : Litvinets Sergey Gennadyevich
610000, Kirov, Moskovskaya str. 36, off. 321
8 (8332) 64-15-91
Head of the Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
610000, Kirov, Moskovskaya str. 36, off. 122