The right words to create the right behavior
• Don’t think of a pink elephant.
• Don’t think about a big pink elephant in a
• Did you just think about it?
• Well this is how your subconscious
work. Any word you say, regardless of
the sentence, will trigger a reaction
from the other person’s
subconscious. Make sure it is a
positive word that will work in your
We often use negatively phrased
• Do not panic
• Do not hesitate to call me back
• No problem
Those could easily be turned into
positively phrased sentences:
• Stay calm
• Feel absolutely free to call me back
• This product has a 3-year guarantee.
• If this product breaks down we’ll take
care of it for you for the next three
• With the proper training, I can
immensely improve my accounting skills.
• I have absolutely no clue about
• Mentioning the absence of possible issues
or problems will be counter productive, as
it shines the light on the fact that there
could be issues or problems.
• Just focus on the bright side of things,
and remember to persuade people by
using the affirmative.
• This should make your persuasion smooth
• Would you have any other examples
where this principle applies?
• Visit www.vinh.ly for marketing and
persuasion techniques with comics