2. What is a Multi-touch Table <ul><li>It includes: </li></ul><ul><li>A Table </li></ul><ul><li>Multi-touch functionality </li></ul><ul><li>Interactive Screen </li></ul><ul><li>Computer </li></ul>It is a technology that allows a user, or multiple users, to manipulate digital content by the use of gesture recognition. This could involve the motion of hands or physical objects.
3. What is a Multi-touch table + + +
4. Why This Project? <ul><li>A commercial Microsoft Surface unit is $12,500 (unit only), whereas a developer Microsoft Surface unit costs $15,000 . </li></ul><ul><li>In contrast, the multi-touch table made by us is very economic and affordable by a common man. It will cost only Rs 20,000 to Rs 25,000 providing almost all the features of Microsoft Surface. </li></ul>
5. Users can interact with the machine by touching or dragging their fingertips and objects such as paintbrushes across the screen, or by placing and moving placed objects. This paradigm of interaction with computers is known as a natural user interface (NUI) .
10. Surface The surface is capable of object recognition, object/finger orientation recognition and tracking, and is multi-touch and is multi-user.
11. <ul><li>Frustrated Total Internal Reflection </li></ul>FTIR
12. IR Camera/Webcam
13. Future Aspects <ul><li>The multi-touch table encourages a lot of software development dedicated to its unique feature of Natural User Interface(NUI) . </li></ul><ul><li>It also provides a better understanding of the user- machine interaction . </li></ul><ul><li>The multi-touch table in such economic prices can be installed in colleges, enquiry counters, airports, hotels, restaurants. </li></ul>
14. Why I want to make this? <ul><li>This project have unlimited applications in the field of education and Design . </li></ul><ul><li>It can be used for further development and deployment of touch UI based applications. </li></ul><ul><li>It gives us an opportunity to be the first collage to develop such a thing in Rajasthan. </li></ul><ul><li>And of course its too exiting. </li></ul>