Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, let me present you a newly accepted IS associated member from Ukraine – Personnel Executive Company.
So, here we are with a goal – the most interesting projects for the most interesting Clients, meaning searches for top positions and challenging narrow searches for the large famous multinational companies. Why multinationals? It’s simple – due to our cooperation with the companies of such a kind we became what we are as they have been helping us to develop and constantly improve our services keeping to the highest international standards.
For quite a long time recruitment was our core business, but the situation was changing gradually and now ES and DS make up 50% of what we do. We also provide Large Scale Projects (the most recent example is a Swedish producer of agricultural machinery Vaderstad-Verken whom we helped to hire 9 people in 3 months, including MD) and Regional Projects (the recent examples are placing of 6 regional representatives for MTS and 3 specialists (Project Manager, Health and Environment Safety Manager, Shop Manager for P&G production site in the Eastern part of Ukraine (Dnepropetrovsk region)).
As you may see we are not specialized in any market sector – we are generalists. Inside we are subdivided into four teams called practices. They are Banking / Finance (whose leader our partner EG is present here with me), CS, Industrial and IT/Telecom.
Our team consists today of 19 full-time employees. We have 9 consultants, 5 of which are senior consultants with more than 3 years in recruitment and more than 50 successful searches, able to fulfill the task of any level of difficulty.
Now some major figures from our history. – The company was established in 1993. For almost 14 years in the market we have performed more than 1200 searches. When starting our activities, we put an aim to work with 50% of Fortune 500 Companies established in Ukraine. We worked hard to achieve it and three years ago succeeded to establish cooperation with 74 out of 112 Fortune 500 Companies. We are proud to say that 2/3 of our clients have been working with us for more than 4 years. 43 companies were so happy with our services that gave us reference letters recommending us to others. Here they are -
And now to Ukraine and its labour market peculiarities. – The country is situated in the heart of Eastern Europe and consists of 24 regions and the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. Ukraine occupies an area of 603 000 square km and has a population of 46 – 47 million people, 2/3 of which live in large urban cities. 3,5 million people live in the capital of Ukraine – Kiev. The official language is Ukrainian, though most people speak both Ukrainian and Russian fluently.
Most major economy sectors have been rapidly developing. In banking – retail and mortgage are booming. We observe foreign capital coming with big Ukrainian banks and insurance companies bought by the significant European and global payers. The traditionally difficult accounting (168 place out of 172 acc. to the World Bank investigations) make Chief Accountants the specialists in a high need. The industrial companies develop new goods, new sales channels, new brands. A large number of small and medium sized companies (turnover of EUR 50 - 500 million) start entering the market being in most cases represented by 1 person working from a home office. A large number of new RepOffices appeared, the RO turn to the local companies with warehouses and own sales (3M, DuPont). IT companies turn from small offices of 3-5 people to local companies of 70 people in quite a short period of time. Their turnovers equal now to the turnovers of FMCG production (10-2 sites) companies about 7 years ago (EUR 100 – 150 million). FMCG market is quite satiate. New products and brands are rarely introduced and in most cases they are niche once. CG markets concentration almost reached the global level (e.g. 4 major beer producers take up about 95% of the market). Some years ago most companies finished with building their sales systems, so now the main struggle is displayed in marketing and quality (the recent trend is a great need in quality specialists). Companies in many sectors have local production / assembly of global brands.
In 2005 we sent our client a SQA form asking them for the feedback on the general level of services we provided. The average index we got was 4,54. We took into account every comment we got. Next year we started sending SQAs after every project completing to be more flexible and have an opportunity to improve quicker. The index grew to 4,58. Hopefully this year we are better.
2. <ul><li>Goal: to perform the most interesting projects for the leading foreign companies operating in Ukraine </li></ul><ul><li>Slogan: “People add personal touch to business…” </li></ul><ul><li>WE SEARCH – YOU WIN! </li></ul>Our Goal and Slogan
4. <ul><li>We have a proven track record of working with the </li></ul><ul><li>companies in the following sectors: </li></ul><ul><li>Banking / Finance </li></ul><ul><li>Consumer Goods </li></ul><ul><li>Industry </li></ul><ul><li>IT / Telecom </li></ul>Expertise
5. <ul><li>Experience of work in the following business areas: </li></ul><ul><li>General Management </li></ul><ul><li>Production </li></ul><ul><li>Human Resources </li></ul><ul><li>Sales & Marketing </li></ul><ul><li>Finance </li></ul><ul><li>ITTelecom </li></ul><ul><li>Logistics </li></ul><ul><li>Law </li></ul><ul><li>Engineering </li></ul>Expertise
6. Team 14 full-time employees 8 consultants with extensive professional experience and research team make Personnel one of the key players of the Ukrainian market.
7. PERSONNEL in figures <ul><li>Established in 1993 </li></ul><ul><li>1500 successful placements </li></ul><ul><li>50% of the Fortune 500 Companies operating in Ukraine are among our Clients </li></ul><ul><li>2/3 of our Clients have been working with us for over 4 years </li></ul><ul><li>4,78 - SQA index for the 1st half of 2010 </li></ul><ul><li>58 multinational companies in our Reference List </li></ul>
8. Reference List AES Dyckerhoff Oracle Alcatel Electrolux OTIS Alcon EPSON Panasonic Alfa Bank ExxonMobil Peja Alfa Laval Givaudan PepsiCo AVON Goodyear Pfizer Baker & McKenzie IBM Pfleiderer Bank of Cyprus Ikea Phoenix BASF Johnson Controls Pioneer Semena BBH Kimberly-Clark PricewaterhouseCoopers Bongrain KOLO Raiffeisen Investment BOSCH Leroy Merlin Reemtsma British American Tobacco Lohmann Sun Chemical Burda Louis Dreyfus TERRA Chevron Texaco McDonald's Toyota Cisco Systems Merloni Elettrodomestici Vaderstad Danone Merloni Termosanitari Wienerberger Dow Europe Microsoft Wrigley DuPont Nokia Siemens Networks Yioula Glass
9. <ul><li>In 2007 PERSONNEL Executive joined InterSearch - a worldwide incorporated organi z ation of executive search and HR consultancy firms . </li></ul><ul><li>InterSearch Ranking: </li></ul><ul><li>the 1 1 th position among the largest Executive Search Firms globally according to Kennedy Report (200 8 ) – on revenue. </li></ul><ul><li>the 3rd position according to Search Consult Ranking (2007) – on the number of offices . </li></ul>Membership in InterSearch
10. <ul><li>Located in the heart of Eastern Europe , neighbouring Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Moldova and Romania, Russia, Belarus. Comprised of 24 regions and the Autonomous Republic of Crimea . </li></ul><ul><li>Has a population of approximately 47 million people </li></ul><ul><li>Occupies a land area of 603,700 sq km (comparable to the size of France). </li></ul><ul><li>One-third of the population lives in large urban centers. </li></ul><ul><li>The capital city, Kiev , has about 3.5 million inhabitants . </li></ul><ul><li>The official language is Ukrainian , although majority of the population is bi-lingual, speaking both Ukrainian and Russian fluently. </li></ul>Ukraine
11. <ul><li>Post-crisis period – slow growth after deep crisis and considerable staff reduction of 2008-2009 </li></ul><ul><li>Concentration of major professionals in the capital city </li></ul><ul><li>Lack of qualified professionals corresponding requirements of foreign companies (corporate culture, fluent English) </li></ul><ul><li>Frequent changes of work (each 2-3 years) </li></ul><ul><li>Young, but already experienced managers (often 25-30 years old) </li></ul><ul><li>Low geographic mobility </li></ul>Local Labour Market Peculiarities