• California is the 31st state.• Capital city is Sacramento.• Los Angeles City is ranked the fourth largest economy in the United States.• There is more than 300,000 tons of grapes grown in California each year.• California produces more than 17 million gallons of wine each year.
• New York’s Capital is Albany.• It is the 11th state.• The Genesee River is one of the very few rivers that flows South to North.• New York was the first state to require license plates on cars.• New York is home to 58 species of wild orchids.
• Hawaii’s Capital is Honolulu.• It is the 50th state.• There are only twelve letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.• Hawaii is the only state that grows coffee.• Island flowers and colors are used to represent each Island.
• Georgia’s capital is Atlanta.• It is the 4th state.• Athens is the location of the first University Chartered supported by state funds.• Chehaw in Albany is well known wild animal park.• Georgia is the largest state east of the Mississippi River.
• Tallahassee is Floridas Capital.• Florida is the 27th state.• Lake Okeechobee is the largest lake in Florida.• Key Largo is known as the Dive Capital of the World.• Islamorada is billed as the Sports fishing Capital of the World.
• New Jersey is the 3rd state.• The capital city is Trenton.• Atlantic City is where the street names came from for the game monopoly• New Jersey is home to the Miss America pageant held in Atlantic City.• Atlantic City has the longest boardwalk in the world.
• The capital city is Olympia.• Washington is the 42nd state.• The state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president.• Seattle is home to the first revolving restaurant, 1961.• Washington became the 42nd state in the United States on November 11, 1889.
• Boise is the capital city of Idaho.• Idaho is the 43rd state.• The Cataldo mission is the oldest building in the state.• Soda Springs boasts the largest man- made geyser in the world.• Shelley has been the home of the Idaho Annual Spud Day since 1927.
• The capital is Montgomery.• It is the 22nd state.• The star blue quartz is the states official gemstone.• The Florence Renaissance Faire is the Alabamas official fair.• The pecan is the Alabamas official nut.
• The capital city is Springfield.• It is the 21st state.• Carlyle is the home of the largest man- made lake in Illinois.• Illinois has 102 counties.• Ronald Wilson Regan from Tampico became the 40th president of the United States in 1980.