抓住神的話 Torah Bible Study ClubPresentation Transcript
Unit 1 How to Read the Book Basic Tools1. The Interpretive Journey2. How to Read the Book—Sentences3. How to Read the Book—Paragraphs4. How to Read the Book—Discourses
The Interpretive Journey
How can we cross the river? Intuitive or“feels-right” approach
How can we cross the river?Spiritualizing approach
How can we cross the river?Get discouraged and give up
How can we cross the river?Grasping God’s Word—an accurate, consistent approach
– Four Steps: 1 – Grasping the Text in Their Town What did the text mean to the biblical audience? 2 – Measuring the Width of the River What are the differences between the biblical audience and us? 3 – Crossing the Principlizing Bridge What is the theological principle in this text? 4 – Grasping the Text in Our Town How should individual Christians today apply the theological principle in their lives?
– Step 3 What is the theological principle? To be effective in serving God and successful in the task to which he has called us, we must draw strength and courage from his presence. We must also be obedient to God’s Word, meditating on is constantly.– Step 4 How should we apply this principle? • Spend more time meditating on God’s Word • Obey God when he calls you to a new and demanding ministry, trusting in his presence to empower you. • Focus on God’s presence to bring you new courage and strength in your present ministry situation.
How to Read the Book—Sentences
– Start with observation and try to see as much as possible. Look carefully at the details of the text.
How to Read the Book—Paragraphs
– The Bible is God’s love letter to you. Read it carefully!
How to Read the Book—Discourses
– Chiasm A I got up this morning, B got dressed C and drove into town. D I worked hard all day, C’ returned home, B’ put on my PJs A’ and went to bed.
– What if we bypass observation and move straight to application?– To hear from God in clear and exciting ways, we must look carefully at what God communicated and not put words in his mouth.