Transcript of "Advancement of 3D Animation Industry"
Advancement of 3DAdvancement of 3D
• Animation- The term gives an instant thought of cartoons and films
based on computer graphics but prior to this a technique called
Phenakistoscope was there which had simple drawings which
moved simultaneously giving the effect of animation.
• There were several animated features created by using these
drawings which differed from the previous one. This method
disappeared by the end of the twenty first century and drawings
were directly scanned or drawn into computers.
• The computer animation is the rapid display of
a sequence of images of 2-D or 3-D artwork or
model positions in order to create an illusion of
• 3D animations give the impression to look at
characters from all angles like in real life. It can
be grouped under various terms.
Cel-shaded animationCel-shaded animation
• It is also called cel-shading or toon shading which is designed to
make the computer graphics to look as if hand drawn. It is used to
copy the style of a comic book or cartoon characters.
Morph target animationMorph target animation
• It is stored as a series of vertex positions. In each key frame of the
animation the vertex will move to a different position. This can be
used for animating cloth, skin and facial expressions.
Skeletal animationSkeletal animation
• This is also referred to as rigging and is an technique for the
vertebrates. This technique works by constructing a series of bones
and each bone is associated with some portion of characters visual
Motion captureMotion capture
• It is a procedure for digitally recording the action movements. It can
be used in video games to animate the characters of the game and in
film making it refers to the technique of recording the action of
Crowd simulationCrowd simulation
• It is the process of reproducing the movement of a large number of
objects or characters and used when there are more characters than
that can be animated using the other methods.
• The industries that are using 3D animations are interior designing,
medical visualizations, architecture naval architecture and
• There are several interactive 3D animation software that enables one
to visualize and redesign a room. These are used by architectures
for designing homes for their clients.
• This can be used in medical field training for explaining various
concepts, phenomenon and surgical techniques to give a better and
clear vision to the scholars.
• Then in naval field it is used in designing of ships by making a 3D
ship model which helps in quick progress of ship building projects.
In corporate world too it is used for preparing impressive
presentations and interactive websites.
• The 3D animations are very realistic and are used for giving special
effects in movies. The film and advertisement sectors provide ample
opportunities for the growth of animation industry.
• The employments of computers and software's have fastened the
pace of animation industry. The growth of its use in gaming
industry has made it a fast growing and dynamic field. To provide
an in depth description of product we now no longer depend on
still images, 3d animation is the answer to create an interactive
environment where an individual can relate to the objects and enjoy
the virtual world created around him. We can say that with its
diversity and effectiveness has left no field untouched by its impact.
Veetil Digital is a part of the highly diversified Veetil Group of companies. We are
a total digital services company covering all aspects of business. Our objective is to
make your life easier by taking care of all your digital needs that include 3D
visualisation solutions for your design and marketing requirements, software and
web based solutions for all your business processes thus making them more
efficient and effective.
Veetil Digital Services
P.O.Box 2149, carlisle North,
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.