THE LIVE EXPERIENCE
A State of Contextual Evolution
• Creating innovative ideas that involve the
audience in an experiential process
• Interlinking on and ofﬂine campaign elements
so they don’t just reiterate the same message
in another way/place, but operate like acts in a
well crafted play
EMBRACE POWERFUL EXPERIENCES.
• People love real connections
• People love live and immersive interaction
People love discovery and escapism
• People love scale and intimacy
WHAT WE DO IS HARD. .
• You need to get it right, or people notice
• It must be relevant, or people don’t notice
• It’s hard to get it right but easy to screw up
• Experiential is not for everyone
Never settle for good enough
• You need to be able to challenge common
opinion with relevant and thought provoking
7 PRINCIPLES TO WORK BY.
Be Transformative. .
BUSINESS CHALLENGES, NOT BRIEFS.
• The job, is to solve problems. Creatively.
• The solution that is suggested may not always
be what the client brief requests
• At times it means giving answers to more
questions than were asked
The job is to see solutions the client can’t see,
which is why the response is not always
exactly to the brief that is given
• The response always needs to answer the
business challenge behind that brief
BE BOLD, TAKE RISKS. .
• There are no rewards for being timid
• If the client had all the answers, why would
they need us
• If no one ever took. a risk in business,
they would go out of business
• An assuring swagger and a big, bold
(calculated) risk can go a long way
CREATE UNIQUE EXPERIENCES.
• Create original things that offer discovery
• Make people feel better off because of them
• Value thinking and thoughtfulness, from
people and brands
Deliver surprising new solutions
• Create journeys that jolt the most
disenchanted preservers of the status quo
• It’s about creating an idea ﬁrst that makes
people feel excited to be involved
MOBILE AND REAL TIME ENGAGEMENT.
• Mobile technology will allow more real-time
streaming and consumer expectations
• Technologies and devices will help brands
move from messaging to digitally-enabled,
increasingly live, real-world experiences
• More digital experiences will break-out into the
real world and will require active participation
• Consumers will demand more real-time live-to-
mobile experiences, that delivers them control
CREATE IDEAS THAT ONLY . WORK FOR THAT BRAND.
• Partner with clients and create ideas that help
to grow brands
• Be problem solvers: think strategic, creative,
• Focus on always creating ideas that only work
for the brand they are intended
• Success as a measure? If you were to remove
the logo, or erased the branding from the
experience, it could still only be for that one
THINK EVOLUTION, NOT ONE-OFF PROJECTS.
• Create brilliant moments in time, that deliver
ongoing experiences and conversations
• Don’t be limited in where and how this happens
• Don’t worry about live versus online, be real to
Never be precious, the dialogue is what counts
• Keep the experiences ongoing over time and
across audiences; there are no boundaries
• To customers, it’s one brand, one ongoing
experience, that continues to entertain
and be great
BUDGET - “WHAT WOULD I. DO IF IT WAS MY MONEY?”
• Be commercial, focus on the creative challenges
• Face these challenges head-on
• Success, is measured not by selling clients more,
but by helping our clients sell more
• Clients objectives and budgets are paramount
• Simple rule of thumb: spend our clients' money
as if it were our own
THE END. .