2. On October 10th, the Hopper Dining Hall became the site for the first annual “Battle of the Chefs”, which featured students competing against each other while creating the best dishpossible. Terrell Andrews, criminal justice junior, talks to a professional chef about ingredients.
3. While students continue to get lunch, the participating student chefs get instruction from the professional chefs that were assigned to help the students in the competition.
4. The judging table. A number of VSU officials were judges in the competition, tasting thefinal dishes, as well as judging on originality, presentation, and visual and sanitary elements.
5. Student chefs pick out the ingredients they desire to use for cooking their dish.
6. VSU student Lemorris Brown hard at work in the kitchen.
7. Chartwells executive chef Sean Egan inventories the ingredients selected by VSU students Angel Helms and Nathan Wilkins, who start to plan what to make in the kitchen.
8. Terrell Andrews beats ingredients together as Chartwells executive chef Earnest Duncan looks over to Andrews’ teammates.
9. As observers listen and take pictures, student chefs explain just what their dish is.
10. Student chefs Andrew Peets, Jai’Kel Robinson, andLemorris Brown proudly show off their finished dishes.
11. The judges (from left): Sue Fuciarelli (VP for Finance and Administration), Dr. Rob Kellner(Director of Auxilary Services), John Crawford (VP for University Advancement), and DaciaCharlesworth (VSU’s First Lady and University Ambassador)
12. The judges, ready to enjoy the final dish by a team, is told just what it is.