1. “Broadband Mapping: What’s in it for you?” WISPAPALOOZA October 25, 2012
2. Utah Broadband Project Purpose To develop a statewide map of available broadbandservices and a plan to increase broadband adoption and deployment in the state.
3. What do we know about fixedwireless service providers in Utah?
4. Overview of Fixed Wireless Services in Utah• 19 providers• 924,943 HHs• 95.5% HHs served• 26 Counties
5. Why should WISPs get involved with State-led mapping and planning projects anyway?
6. Do WISPs want to be…Seen • Federal funding will go to your competitors • Don’t let your service area look unservedHeard • Be considered by policymakers without lobbyingFound • Free marketing…get found by consumers • WISPs higher speed services stand out
7. How can WISPs be involved?
8. Bi-Annual Data Submissions• Due in March and September each year – For inclusion in the National Broadband Map• Our GIS team is ready and willing to help – Propagation models – Coverage areas – Overlay with other metrics or data sources• Can also update us whenever you make upgrades, will appear on our state map
9. Utah Broadband Advisory Council Mission To examine the condition of broadband adoption and deployment in the State of Utah and to provide the Governor and Legislature with recommendations and policy guidance related to the findings of the Advisory Council.