2. SandA loose granular substance, typically paleyellowish brown, resulting from the erosion ofsiliceous and other rocks and forming a majorconstituent of beaches, riverbeds, the seabed,and deserts.
3. How is sand formedSand is a sedimentary material loose grains ofworn out and disintegrated rocks. Sand is anaturally occurring fragmented materialcomprised of tiny particles of decomposedrocks, shells, or corals, but there are alsounnatural ways to form sand.
5. Uses of sandConstruction Leisure And Sport Water Filtration Pottery
6. Things made up of Sand• Glass• Sand paper• Hourglass
7. Animals living on Sand There some animals they are as follows:• Ant • Arabian Camel• Bighorn Sheep • Bandicoot• Great Horned Owl • Eagle
8. Plants living on Sand• Many plants are found in the desert.• They usually grow to the ground• These plants have special parts that help them save water.
9. Life on sandThere is not much crops in desert to grow butmany people live there. They move theiranimals and belonging from place to place insearch of water and plants. These men arecrossing from the Syrian desert to Middle East.They are wearing long, loose clothes toprotect themselves from the heat of the sand.
10. Desert The desert is the land of extreme heat and dryness with cold nights. Desert are difficult place to live in. They often have names like:• “THE DEATH VALLEY”• “THE EMPTY QUARTER”
11. Top 5 Deserts in worldThe top 5 desert in the world are:• Sahara Desert• Gobi Desert• Gibson Desert• Thar Desert• Kalahari Desert
12. Kinds of Deserts Hot • The summers are very hot. • The temperature are very warm all year round.Desert • Short ,warm summers & Cold Long, cold winter. • Found in places near northDesert and south pole.
13. OasisAn oasis is the only place where water isfound in a desert. Water collects in hollowsworn out by the wind. It may come fromdesert storms or from rain that falls onmountains on the edge of the desert.Rainwater drains through rocks deep underthe desert and collects at an oasis.
14. Sand DunesThe shape of a sand dune depends on the waythe wind is blowing :When the wind blows from one direction,curved dunes, called barchans, formed. wind direction
15. Climate• There are 2 types of climate Hot and Dry.• In the summer during daytime the temperature of the Sahara Desert often goes to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.• The hottest temperature, meteorologists have recorded 136 degrees at Azizia, Libya on September 13,1922• The desert receives less than 25 centimeters of rain each year.
16. Sandstorm Violent wind forms the sandstorms. Sandstorms can last to many days & hours. Sandstorms may cause dehydration & suffocation of animals and humans.Camels are the only one to survive in sandstorm
17. Windmill• Windmills are goods for the environment because no harmful solids, liquid or gases are produce.• No need of any fuel or toxic waste is needed.• Wind energy is used to generate electricity by using wind turbines.
18. How does a wind turbine works The blades catch the wind and turn the rotor which they are joined to.The rotor is connected to the nacelle which houses all the working for the turbine.The rotor turns a shaft which is connected to a set of cogs called a gear box.The gear box is connected to a generator which makes electricity when it turns.
19. Facts on sand• The tallest sand dune is ISANOE-n-TIFERNE.• Deserts cover about one-third of the earth land-surface.• The actacania desert in South America had no rain for 400 years.
20. Ms Deepa What is sand ?Ans: Sand is tiny particles of rocks. How is sand used in our daily life ?Ans: Lamps, Play ground, Bricks, Replace soil, Construction. How is sand connected with desert ?Ans: In the desert area there is a vast accumulation of sand. Sand is a loose so difficult to cross. Can you say anything interesting thing about sand ?Ans: The sand dunes
21. Ms Madhu What is sand ?Ans: Dried land where soil is totally gone. How is sand used in our daily life ?Ans: Construction, Pottery, Cooking Utensils, Pots, Reduces Global Warming. How is sand connected with desert ?Ans: It is fully of sand. Very little of water. Can you say anything interesting on sand ?Ans: Water Filtration
22. ThanksgivingWe both thank our:Our dear principal• Sir A.P. Singh• Ms Precy• Ms Rachna• Sir Danny• Ms NirupamaOur Mentor• Sir Manoranjan• Parents• Ms Deepa & Ms Madhu