How to Improve Your Company's UX Capabilities - Let Your Methods Drive Your Plan
How to Improve Your Company’s UX
Let Your Methods Drive Your Plan
Jeff Horvath, Principal at Balanced Experience
Jeff Horvath, Ph.D.
All-in-One Software Solution to Cost-effectively
Measure the Digital Customer Experience and
Conduct Remote User Testing
• Increase conversion rates by conducting cost-effective UX
research, remote usability testing and voice of the customer
• Test any web-based products (live or prototype) and mobile apps,
on a unified software platform.
• Founded in 2007; launched SaaS platform in 2009
• Our mission: To go beyond the Lab!
• International company: Silicon Valley, Spain, U.K., Germany
• > 200 Enterprise customers, 50% of Fortune’s Most Admired Brands
Why is UserZoom Unique?
• No moderation needed
• Automated data analysis
2) Agile & Efficient
• Build studies and gather
feedback in days
3) Qual + Quant
• Success rates, time on task,
behavior, video, audio,
4) Easy Recruiting
• Geographic representation
• No travel needed
5) Feature Rich
• More flexible, customizable,
robust, versitile than others
6) Team & Service
• Hands-on, highly experienced
Customer Success Team
• Chat box is available if you have any questions
• There will be time for Q&A at the end
• We will be recording the webinar for future viewing
• All attendees will receive a copy of the
• Twitter hashtag: #uzwebinar
1. UX as a strategic differentiator
2. What every CEO is trying to figure out - HOW to make
UX a differentiator
3. Strategies are important, but you need to get work done
- start by defining your UX methodology
4. Key elements to consider when defining your
methodology and how it fits in
– Methods drive the plan - staffing models, tools, training plan, etc.
5. The Three Levels of UX organizational change -
methods, processes, change management
Different Methods for Different Situations
Enterprise Big Project Small/Maintenance
UX Team Role • Own and execute all
key UX activities
• Review and
approve all key
• Provide tools and
• Available for
Methods Used • All core methods
• All core methods • All core methods
…of work load
…of head count
…of development budget
Project Support Team Day-to-Day
(co-located)(remote or co-located)
…Now you know how to do great UX work.
Who decides what work to do? In what order?
What’s the time? Budget? Prioritization?
Prioritization– Estimates, Business
Requirements, UX Methods / Resources
SDLC – Small /
SDLC - Strategic
New solution fits
Low HighUX Involvement
Jeff Horvath, Ph.D.