• Twitter definition.• the founder of twitter.• What is twitter about.• what are tweets.• How to create an account.• The ways of using twitter.• Advantages and disadvantages.• How to tweet.• What are the tricks to get more followers.
• A very popular instant messaging system that lets a person send brief text messages which is called “tweet” up to 140 characters in length to a list of followers, Launched in 2006.
• Twitter Was Developed By Jack Dorsey On March 21st 2006.
• Twitter was designed as a social network to keep friends and colleagues informed throughout the day. However, it became widely used for commercial and political purposes to keep customers, voters and fans up-to-date as well as to encourage feedback.
• Tweets are text based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the authors or the peoples profile page and delivered to the people subscribers who are known as followers.
• Go to The Twitter homepage and scroll all the way to the bottom. Click on the "Get Started" button.• Create a username and password. Twitter will automatically check the availability of your username. Once you find one that is unique, enter your email address and continue.• After you create your account, you can manually see if any of your e-mail contacts are on Twitter. Just enter your e-mail username and password, and twitter will automatically import anyone it recognizes.• Invite friends. Any emails Twitter didnt recognize, it will display on the next page. You will be able to check different email addresses to send invites to.• Search for friends. Chances are good that your friends have multiple email addresses, so it is a good idea to enter their name in the search bar and double check.• Set up your phone. The big advantage of Twitter is that you can update via text messages from your phone. Go to the "Devices" tab on your profile page and then enter your cell phone number. A confirmation message will be sent to your phone, and
1. Promotion – People who have blogs often share their articles via the tweet stream! It is also a way to announce any giveaways. Others use it to promote their books or even events.2. News Feed – One can get first hand information fast and from reliable sources real time!3. Radio or music station4. As a TV Channel – Some of the Twitter power users use Ustream to connect with their followers and share live via video chat or video feed, If you want to do a demo or just interact with your followers and talk with them personally via video.5. As a Sports News Cast Feed – gives you the resent game results or even resent new news via their Twitter stream.6. As a Classified Ads/ Job Section – People and companies now share job openings on Twitter.7. As a Gallery – Designers and Artists can showcase their works via Twitter. Usually they send links to the sites that showcase great talents.
1. Twitter is Easy to Join• Advantage: It takes less than a minute to create an account with Twitter and start "tweeting."• Disadvantage: because Twitter is so easy to join, virtually everyone has a Twitter account, so their server tends to get overloaded easily.2. Twitter is Easy to Use• Advantage: Twitter limits its updates to 140 characters, so theres no need to launch into long-winded prose or to over-explain your thought.• Disadvantage: Its not a great way for people to get to know you, unless you are very good at expressing yourself in 140 characters or less.3. Twitter is a Democracy• Advantage: You can follow anyone on Twitter, and anyone can follow you. Although there is an option to block someone from following you.• Disadvantage: Chances are that most of the people who follow you on Twitter arent really paying attention to what you have to say.
1. Log in to your Twitter account2. Type your Tweet into the "Whats happening?" box at the top of your screen (shown below).3. Make sure your update is fewer than 140 characters. Well count the characters for you! Remaining characters show up as a number below the box.4. Click the Tweet button to post the Tweet to your profile.5. You will immediately see your Tweet in the timeline on your homepage, as shown below.
• Find on tweets .• Find on other networks.• Invite by email .• Suggested users.
Definition of twitter. (n.d.). Retrieved fromhttp://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=Twitter&i=57880,00.aspBelardo, M. (2010, feb 3). 10 different ways to use twitter. Retrievedfrom http://www.bitrebels.com/social/10-different-ways-to-use-twitter/Advantages & disadvantages of twitter. (n.d.). Retrieved fromhttp://www.ehow.com/list_6026451_advantages-disadvantages-twitter.html