Sandra hoskins  leadership matters
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Sandra hoskins leadership matters

on

  • 787 views

2012 Women Leaders Conference

2012 Women Leaders Conference

Statistics

Views

Total Views
787
Views on SlideShare
787
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
6
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment
  • Leadership is a 360 degree process. As a leader, we must report up, report to our peers and report (update) our teams.There are no short cuts.
  • Ground breakers take you into an area you haven’t been beforeHeart breakers are when you realize things are going very wellCloud breakers let you soar like you’ve never soared beforeChart breakers take you beyond your expectationsExperience is no teacher unless you learn from it. Focus not on what happens to you but on what happens in you during the process of the experience.
  • Only leaders who have followed well know how to lead others well.
  • Only leaders who have followed well know how to lead others well. Standards for yourself will be higher than what others might set for youHelping people is more important than making them happyYour focus is on the presentis learned in the trenches.should be practiced on the small stuff.learned before you need it.“When the opportunity comes, it’s too late.”John Wooden
  • Only leaders who have followed well know how to lead others well.
  • Some people see questions as a sign of ignorance. Leaders see them as a sign of engagement, curiosity, and the desire to improve.

Sandra hoskins  leadership matters Sandra hoskins leadership matters Presentation Transcript

  • Leadership Matters Sandra Hoskins, ISP, PM P, ITCP(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved. View slide
  • • Ground breakers • Heart breakers • Cloud breakers • Chart breakers(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved. View slide
  • Are the people…(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • 20% of activities remaining 80%!!!(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • • have a willingness to put yourself at risk • have a passion to make a difference with others • see possibilities rather than limitations • have an open heart and an open mind • evoke in others the capacity to dream • are courageous • submerge your ego for the sake of what is best(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • According to Jack Welch, the CEO of all CEOS… Six Rules for Leadership: #1: Control your destiny; or someone else will #2: Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it were #3: Be candid with everyone #4: Don’t manage; lead #5: Change before you have to #6: If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • (c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.
  • “Your job isn’t to fix the leader (unless it is you), it is to add value. If the leader (this includes you) won’t change, then change your attitude or work address.” John Maxwell(c) Sandra Hoskins. All rights reserved.