•DIPECHO & the « Resilience
•Accountability - mandate /
exit / documentation
•Gender Policy + Gender & Age
Guiding Principles for ECHO’s DRR
Actions – From upcoming policy
• 1. DRR is a key part of the Humanitarian Imperative;
• 2. With a focus on natural hazards, ECHO adopts a
• 3. ECHO promotes a people-centred approach;
• 4. ECHO requires programmes to be risk-informed;
• 5. ECHO seeks complementarity and partnership
• … fully aligned to our Resilience Commitment!
• DPRK: DM/DRR Workshop, June 2013
• EXIT Criteria and Strategy – documenting and
sharing of the process.
• HIP 2014/2015
-Specific Consultation / Partners’ meeting in Lao PDR,
Cambodia, Vietnam. In Myanmar and the Philippines,
discussions took place within existing coordination
-Information meetings in BKK and country
ECHO & RC in SEA
-Country projects have reduced in number – any RC strategy on this? Any
lessons learned? How do you share expertise / knowledge ? harmonisation of
-Coordination, joint work and linkages with other DIPECHO partners –
challenging when regional/multi country initiatives
• IFRC / ECHO dialogue in BXL June 2013? Outcomes?
RC Family strategy for SEA 2014/2015? Common goals? Action plans?