2. Regular verbs: for the regular verbs weadd an -ed at the end of the word• Example: like - liked, love - lovedIrregular verbs: the structure of the verbchange totalment, we have to memorizeit.•Examples: have – had, do - did
3. REGULAR IRREGULARlove loved do didplay played make madelike liked sing sangcook cooked run ranwash washed fly flewclean clened write wroteopen opened build built
4. Subject Verb in the past ComplementMaria played in the parkLucas sang a song They studied for the exam She washed the dress We wrote a letter
5. Subj Aux+neg Base form Comp. verbMaria did not play in the parkLucas didn´t sing a songThey didn´t study for the examShe didn´t wash the dress
6. Aux Subj Base form Comp. verbDid Maria play in the park?Did Lucas sing a song?Did they study for the exam?Did she wash the dress?
7. Did Luis play in the park?Yes, he did.Yes, he did. He played in the parkDid Lina write a letter to her mother?Yes, she did.Yes, she did. She wrote a letter to hermother
8. Did Karla bake a cake in the house?No, she didn´t.No, she didn´t. She prepared pizza inthe house.Did Peter paint a picture in theafternoon?No, he didn´t.No, he didn´t. He wrote a letter to hismother
9. When cuandoWhat Whyque porque Information QuestionWho Howquien como Where donde