UNC Online Proctoring Network for Faculty - Scheduling Take Exam Via Webcam
Scheduling a Proctored Exam
with ‘Take Exam via Webcam’*
through UNC Online
Participating UNC System Campuses
ASU, ECU, ECSU, FSU, NCCU, UNCG, UNCP, UNCW, WCU and
*For online exam types (paper based, offline computer based and online+paper
based exams must be scheduled via UNC Online with face-to-face proctors).
*Campus codes of academic integrity and conduct are applicable during online
Click on ‘Find an Exam Proctor’
(enter the same user ID and password you use to
access your university email account)
View Exams for Scheduling
(select the drop down arrow to view exams for each
Review the Academic Integrity
Agreement, Sign, and Submit
Scheduling Your Exam
Click on ‘Take Exam via Webcam’. (Clicking ‘Take Exam via
Webcam’ will not automatically start the exam or lock you
into the ‘Take Exam via Webcam’ option.)
‘Test Your System’
Students must have a web cam, microphone and stable internet
connection to take exams via webcam
the ‘Test Your
•Microphones and webcams
built into computer are
compatible with ‘Take Exam
•Tablets (Ipads) and cell
phones are not compatible
with ‘Take Exam Via Webcam’.
Select a time/date and
click on ‘Schedule’.
Note the fee next to
appointment times. After
selecting ‘Schedule’ you
will be prompted to pay
for the appointment
(UNC does not receive
funds from ProctorU).
Start Your Exam
When it is time for your appointment to
begin, log into UNC Online and click the ‘Start
Your Exam’ button to connect with ProctorU.
If you hover over the “Start Your
Exam” button, emergency contact
information will appear, along with
your reservation id number. If you
need to contact ProctorU, please
have your reservation id number on
Emergency Contact Information
• If you are experiencing technical issues with a
webcam appointment ("Take Exam via
Webcam"/ProctorU), please do the following:
call 1-855-772-8678 or 925-273-7588. Select
Option 2 (Advocates) or Option 3 (Assessment
Services). There is live coverage for these two
extensions from 7 am to 7 pm CST 7 days a
week. Outside of that window email
More info on ‘Take Exam via Webcam’…
• Online appointments occur in real time with live proctors.
• Proctors are based in ProctorU headquarters with support staff (proctors do not proctor
• All proctors have passed FERPA training and proctor training.
• Proctors monitor students’ faces, computer screens and audio throughout appointments
(including the times students cannot view proctors).
• Proctors perform two student identification checks before the start of appointments.
• Students must be on time for appointments (there are no refunds for missed
• Proctors remote into students’ computer to enter exam passwords.
• Exam durations start after proctors complete student identification checks and enter
exam passwords into students’ computers.
• UNC system campuses do not receive funds from ProctorU.
• Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have additional questions or concerns.