1. Benefits of the Journal UsageStatistics Portal (JUSP)Alison Brock UKSG April 2013
2. What JUSP does• Collects usage (COUNTER JR1 and JR1a) reports from publishers• Places it into a ‘one-stop-shop’ for partner libraries• Provides a series of reports by publisher, by date, by publisher deals• Checks and verifies the data with help from the user community• Saves Library’s time!!!
3. Why JUSP saves our time• Getting figures from publisher websites was time consuming – Different access methods – Different interfaces – Different outputs• Occasionally spotted errors in figures long after they had been collected• Sometimes didn’t have time to collect data before decisions needed to be made (renewals)
4. What we use JUSP for• Annual journals renewals process• Subscription cost negotiations (usage based pricing)• Assessing the value of ‘big deals’ (ROI)• Maintaining a list of our core/subscribed titles• Providing trend data• Cost per download (quarterly KPI)• Internal dashboard reports (total downloads per month)
5. Want more information?• Journal Usage Statistics Portal http://jusp.mimas.ac.uk/• Adding value to usage statistics: the Journal Usage Statistics Portal (JUSP) enhancements - Jo Lambert (Mimas/JUSP) and Angela Conyers (Evidence Base). The Serials Librarian, volume 63, issue 3-4, 2012, pp305-314. The Serials Librarian is available online at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0361526X.2 012.723608.