View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Supports UK academic libraries by providing a single point of access to e-journal usage data• Assists management of e-journals collections, evaluation and decision- making• Provides statistics to ensure the best deals for the academic community http://www.flickr.com/photos/nostri-imago/3137422976/
• > 142 libraries live• All UK higher education institutions are welcome to participate (160+)• 10-15 new libraries per month throughout 2011 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellf/3910635234/
20 Publishers / Platforms AAAS / HighWire American Institute of Physics (AIP)/ Scitation Annual Reviews / Atypon BioOne / Atypon BRILL / via ingentaconnect BMJ Publishing Group / HighWire Edinburgh University Press (EUP) / Atypon Elsevier Emerald / Emerald Insight Future Medicine Ltd / Atypon IOP Publishing / IOPscience IOS Press / Metapress Nature Publishing Group (NPG) / MPS Oxford University Press (OUP) / Oxford Journals Project MUSE / Project Muse Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) / MPS SAGE / HighWire Springer / Metapress Taylor & Francis / Atypon Wiley-Blackwell3 Gateways and host intermediaries Ebsco EJS Publishing Technology (ingentaconnect) http://www.flickr.com/photos/27205670@N00/543219767/ Swetswise
• Standardized Usage Statistics Harvesting Initiative (SUSHI)• M2M way of gathering statistics• Replaces the user- mediated collection of usage reports• SUSHI server to gather data from JUSP http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragingwire/3395161474/
COUNTER usage reportsJR1• Journal Report 1: Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and JournalJR1a• Journal Report 1a: Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests from an Archive by Month and Journal / http://www.flickr.com/photos/bionicteaching 2920562020/
JUSP report type JUSP report titleJournal level reports • JR1 and JR1A reports • JR1 reports inc. gateways and host intermediaries • JR1 reports excluding backfile usageSummary reports • SCONUL return • Summary of publisher usage • Summary use of gateway and host intermediaries • Summary use of backfiles • Tables and graphs • Which titles have highest use • Number of titles and requests in usage rangesExperimental reports • Titles included in deals (year/multiple years) • Compare deals • NESLi2 deals • Titles vs NESLi2 deals • Individual journal search and usage • Breakdown of publisher usage (title and year) & (title and date range)
• How much are the subscribed titles being used?• How much are other titles in the deal being used?• Does usage show that the deal offers better value than individual subscribed titles?
• Accounting for nil usage• Does the JR1 report contain titles that are not available in the collection the library subscribes to?• Does the JR1 report contain titles that are no longer part of the current deal e.g. name changes, publisher changes?
‘Publisher X’ - JR1 for 2011 for a library with the‘Basic Collection’ : Titles in the ‘Premium Collection’ in the JR1 498 Titles in the ‘Basic Collection’ 206 Titles in the JR1 not available to the Library 29259% of titles in the JR1 are not in the library’s dealand will show nil use.
• More publishers• More trend analysis• More sort options• Integration with other statistics packages
"Evidence-based library decisions rely on the timely analysis of usagestatistics. JUSP has quickly matured into a highly valued service largely due tothe teams skill in solving problems and presenting complex data within aclear and well-structured user interface.”“The project has a real community feel to it, in that it actively responds touser input and I think it is a really good example of collaborative working -something we should be striving towards to avoid us needing to reinvent thewheel! I think the team has worked very well with libraries in seeking theirinput.”“We like the fact that with JUSP you know the data is proactively beingchecked and verified.”"The more publishers you can get on board the better! The JUSP portal isalready proving to be invaluable to us."
• Single point of access to data• Automation provided by SUSHI offers time saving benefits• COUNTER compliant usage data available for aggregated returns• Report comparisons across publishers, years and platforms• Flexible methods of viewing data through tables, charts or graphs• Inclusion of intermediary stats• Data checked and quality assured http://www.flickr.com/photos/tal_axl/4317091958/l
• Access to the JUSP portal• Ability to engage in evidence-based discussions with your customers about usage and value for money• Recognition from libraries of your customer service credentials in supporting an initiative like JUSP• Ensuring customers have a complete record of usage including usage through intermediaries
• Providing support and guidance to the community• Knowledge sharing• SUSHI client available as free, open source software• Ongoing consultation with libraries and publishers http://www.flickr.com/photos/shareconference/5422273956/