7 Lipson Road, Plymouth, PL4 8PL
I am a skilled individual with training in all aspects of photography; from lighting through to post-production I have studied with
industry standard equipment for three years on major projects towards my own BA (HONS) degree. I have recently graduated
from Plymouth College of Art and am looking to take the next step in my career. During the final year of my degree I exhibited
my photographic work in a reputable London exhibition space with colleagues from my course; this included designing,
fundraising and building everything from the ground up. I am mostly a fashion and editorial photographer concentrating on the
full photographic production of images but I am also a keen digital operator and enjoy overcoming photographic challenges
with post-production and retouching through Photoshop, Lightroom and CaptureOne.
In my current job at ‘Next’ I work with customers and deal with their enquires about clothes and fashion. I abide by the rules
and regulations of the company, I am constantly aware of health and safety around the workplace, and I always work as part of
a team to achieve a happy customer experience. I have worked with freelance photographer Tony Cobley who with him, the
college and the AOP’s ‘Beyond The Lens’ book I have learnt about the business side to photography such as invoicing, copyright,
how to organize shoots around events and how to work with industry clients. I have assisted his creative photography
workshops where I was teaching others how to use camera techniques creatively. I have also been commissioned for many
other photography jobs such as photographing restaurants, houses and events which involved interacting with clients such as
event organisers, fashion designers and creative directors.
Next (Retail) (June – August 2010)
• Working in the summer as sales assistant I deal with customer queries, the sale of clothes and other products. I mostly chose this job
to increase my knowledge in industry based fashion, I feel like I already have learnt a lot from working at Next and I have a better
understanding over fashion and its trends.
Dartington Hall (July – August 2009)
• Working as a housekeeper at Dartington hall during the summer, we worked as a team to clean, tidy rooms and facilities. I
personally tried to take on a more of a leadership role to ensure all tasks were completed by the end of the day.
Pennywell Farm (October 2006 - January 2008)
• Working on an activity farm; working as a team to responsibly maintain farm animals and rides. Serving customers food and drink,
offering customers a chance to pet the animals, while keeping up a high standard of health and safety.
Cott Inn (July - August 2005)
• Working in a kitchen, communicating with others and working as a team to get orders in and food out.
Tony Cobley Photography (October 2008 – January 2009)
• Working as an assistant for a freelance photographer who mainly works with commercial and wedding photography. While faced
with difficult challenges I helped and studied Tony’s photography and business practice; this involved problem solving (when
unexpected problems arise from venues and equipment I was there to offer help and advice over the situation), creative advise
(helping light and compose photos to look more dynamic and interesting), social skills (talking to the clients before and during the
shoots to gain their confidence and allow better communication between us and them) and team work (supporting, motivating and
helping each other to overcome the challenges of the day).
Profile IT (March– April 2007)
• Working as an assistant engineer on computers and software, I watched and learned from the engineers dealing with clients and the
computer systems. I watched and helped construct new systems as well as installing the relevant operating system and drivers.
• PCAD BA Photography (September 2009 – July 2010)
• PCAD FD Photography (2007 - 2009)
• Teign School Sixth Form OCR Level 2 Certificate in Enterprise (2005 - 2007)
• Teign School Sixth Form A Level – Photography (2005 - 2007)
• Teign School Sixth Form AS – Business Studies, Applied ICT (2005 - 2006)
• King Edward Community College VI (KEVICC) GCSEs – English C, Math’s C, Graphic Design C, Science CC, Business Studies CC (2003 -
• I have many photographic skills; these include the knowledge and practice of multiple cameras such as (PhaseOne) medium format,
(Canon/Nikon) 35mm and (Cambo/PhaseOne) 5x4 field cameras all in film and digital formats.
• I use a lot of flash photography including studio lighting (Broncolor/Elinchrom) and off-camera flash (using radio triggers and infrared
to create diverse light around my subjects).
• I have extensive knowledge in Photoshop, Lightroom and CaptureOne; from colour correction to making photomontage’s, I pay a lot
of attention to detail with my editing, making sure that all creative and professional images look as good as they can.
• I am very knowledgeable on all aspects of computers (PC and MAC), I also have a huge interest in technology and I like to keep up-
to-date on the latest computer and photographic news.
Next (Retail) – Ladieswear Department
MSU8 Drake Circus Shopping Mall, Plymouth, PL1 1EA
Matthew Pontin – Creative Director of FOTONOW
FOTONOW, 32 Looe Street, Barbican, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0EA
Marcus Davies – Professional Photographer and Tutor
27 Seymour Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2PT
Tony Cobley – Freelance Photographer
Tony Cobley Photography, 58 Rue St Pierre, Ivybridge, Plymouth, Devon, PL21 0HZ