Tripwire’s Chief Technology Officer, Dwayne Melancon, shared how to achieve trust after a data breach in this increasingly relevant webcast.
He covered crucial questions, such as:
- Which systems can be trusted?
- What is the extent of the compromise?
- How quickly can you attain situational awareness?
Dwayne also provided participants with an approach to restore trust in your critical systems after a data breach, following five steps:
- Know what you have and prioritize by risk levels
- Define what “good” looks like
- Harvest system state information from your production systems
- Perform a reference node variance analysis to identify compromised systems
- Remove suspect systems from the environment and return to a trustworthy state
Also, for a good primer for the webcast, check out Melancon’s recent article Target and Restoring Trust After a Data Breach…
This slide deck accompanies the following archived webcast available here: