Be the first to like this
n a new Training Magazine webinar, Dale Carnegie Training reveals results of its cross industry, in-depth study of 1,500 employees to explore engagement in the workplace. The research reveals several …
n a new Training Magazine webinar, Dale Carnegie Training reveals results of its cross industry, in-depth study of 1,500 employees to explore engagement in the workplace. The research reveals several surprises and five practical approaches managers can use to increase employee enthusiasm, empowerment, confidence and value to their organization.
Here are some highlights of the research:
• Supervisors showing respect for their employees is not enough. Find out what actually works.
• Over one in four employees (28%) felt a negative emotion from their interaction with their supervisor, and only 10% of these employees were engaged with the organization.
• Two-thirds of employees do not believe their managers care about them personally, and only 17% of them are engaged.
• Employees aged 40-49 often become less engaged, find out why and what you can do about it.
By attending this session, you will:
• Identify which behaviors of front line managers have the most significant impact on their employees' levels of engagement
• Make sure your supervisor development programs focus on shaping the right practical approaches
• Learn ways to efficiently develop the skills of your front line managers by capitalizing on virtual instruction and collaboration tools and techniques
• Get the latest white paper summarizing this groundbreaking research.
• Interact with Dale Carnegie's subject matter experts on leadership development and online development
About Kevin J. Sensenig, Ph.D.
Kevin J. Sensenig, Ph.D., RODP, is global vice president, Learning & Organization Development, for Dale Carnegie and Associates, Inc. (www.dalecarnegie.com), Hauppauge, NY. His responsibilities include the engagement of a team of professionals who focus on the design, development, customization, and delivery of Dale Carnegie products and services across a global network of more than 180 offices worldwide.
About Kassy LaBorie
Kassy LaBorie is the Live Online Product Manager for Dale Carnegie Digital. She is an online synchronous Facilitator, Producer, Instructional Designer, and online meeting platform technical expert.
Kassy has been a Senior Trainer at WebEx where she helped build the WebEx University, a Master Trainer for InSync Training, the global experts in live online synchronous learning, a frequent guest speaker and Producer for ASTD, a Presenter at Training Magazine and ASTD TechKnowledge conferences and is regularly invited to present with such speakers as Cindy Huggett and Dr. Jane Bozarth, both thought leaders in the synchronous training online world.
Kassy is currently writing a book for ASTD Press on the topic of Games, Activities and Energizers in the Online Synchronous Classroom to be published in 2012.