What is a Blog?
A very robust form of communication
teach, sell, more..
My Blogging History
● Started on Yahoo360 in 2005
● Moved to Blogger.com
● Moved to Wordpress.com
● Got my own domains, hosted by Yahoo.
● Moved back to Wordpress.com
● 4 Blogs: TelBitConsulting, TracyReaderDad,
Sooooo You Want 2 Blog?
● Why? ...do you want to Blog?
● What? ...will you blog about?
● Do? ...you like to write?
● Can? ...you devote time to the Blog?
● Are? ...you motivated to stick with it?
Blogging is the Future
● Newspapers are declining
– Although the iPad may help
● Journalists will be online
● Book Reviews will be by bloggers
● Much information you get will be via blogs
– But.....be careful of accuracy
What you get...
● If you are consistent and long term
– Ability to express yourself to hundreds or
thousands of people
● TracyReaderDad, TeleBitConsulting are
recognized in their niche markets
● Hundreds, thousands, or
millions of readers
– It could take years of
● To make tons of money
– Some do, most don't
Facebook, Twitter, Blog
● A blog is long term
– Blog content can be viewed years after
– I only look at one page, the rest will
never be seen
– Gone in a minute unless I see a
Rule #7: No Plagiarism
● NEVER NEVER copy content and claim it
as your own. NEVER!!!
● Very easy to check for plagiarism
– Copy a paragraph and Google it
● You can site source then copy parts or all
– I asked Barry Eisler, he said sure, but, I
also gave the original location and the
fact that I asked.