1. iMentor 10 iLESSONS FROM STEVE JOBS@coachbay @coachbay
3. Steve Jobs has for years been my iMentor.I never met him and he didn’t know me but I have spent a lot of time with him.
4. Reading Many Books and Articles…
5. My iMentor has hada profound impacton the principles Iapply at work and at home.
6. “Do you want to spend therest of your life sellingsugared water or do youwant the chance to changethe world?”- Steve Jobs when luring Pepsi’s John Sculley to join Apple.
7. 10 iLessons from my iMentor, Steve Jobs. @coachbay
8. iLesson #1: Follow Your Heart
9. Follow Your Heart“Your work is going to ﬁll a large part of your life, and theonly way to be truly satisﬁed is to do what you believe isgreat work. And the only way to do great work is to lovewhat you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking.Don’t settle.” @coachbay
10. iLesson #2: Make a Dent in the Universe
11. Make a Dent in the Universe“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesnt matter tome… Going to bed at night saying weve donesomething wonderful… thats what matters to me.” @coachbay
12. iLesson #3: Think Diﬀerent
13. Think Diﬀerent“Kick start your brain. New ideas come from watchingsomething, talk to people, experimenting, askingquestions and getting out of the oﬃce!” @coachbay
14. iLesson #4: Sell Dreams, Not Products
15. Sell Dreams, Not Products“Your customers dream of a happier and better life. Dontmove products. Enrich lives.” @coachbay
16. iLesson #5: Make Products For Yourself
17. Make Products For Yourself“We think the Mac will sell zillions, but we didn’t build theMac for anybody else. We built it for ourselves. We werethe group of people who were going to judge whether itwas great or not. We weren’t going to go out and domarket research. We just wanted to build the best thingwe could build.” @coachbay
18. iLesson #6: Say No to 1,000 Things
19. Say No to 1,000 Things“Its only by saying no that you can concentrate on thethings that are really important.” @coachbay
20. iLesson #7: Keep It Simple
21. Keep It Simple“That’s been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity.Simple can be harder than complex: You have to workhard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’sworth it in the end because once you get there, you canmove mountains.” @coachbay
22. iLesson 8: Go For Excellence @coachbay
23. Go For Excellence“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to anenvironment where excellence is expected.” @coachbay
24. iLesson 9: Break The Rules @coachbay
25. Break The Rules“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misﬁts, the rebels, thetroublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… theones who see things diﬀerently - they’re not fond ofrules… because the ones who are crazy enough to thinkthat they can change the world, are the ones who do.” @coachbay
26. iLesson #10: You Only Live Once
27. You Only Live Once“If today were the last day of my life, would I want to dowhat I am about to do today?” And whenever the answerhas been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need tochange something.” @coachbay
28. “Dont waste your time livingsomeone elses life.Stay hungry.Stay foolish.”- Steve Jobs
29. Thank You Steve!It’s been anawesome ride!
30. Photo Creditswww.allaboutstevejobs.com
31. This presentation was created by Coach Bay www.coachbay.com