The Texas Teacher STaR Chart has been developed around the four key areas of the Long-Range Plan for Technology, 2006-2020.The Texas Education Code, Section 32.001, requires the State Board of Education to develop a long-range plan for technology. Texas led the namtion with the first Long-Range Plan for Technology, 1988-2000 adopted by the Board in November 1988.
The Texas Teacher STaR Chart is designed to help teachers, campuses, and districts determine their progress toward meeting the goals of the Long-Range Plan for Technology, as well as meeting the goals of their district.
The Texas Campus STaR Chart produces a profile of our campus’ status toward reaching the goals of the Long Range Plan for Technology (LRPT) and No Child Left Behind. The profile indicators place your campus at one of four levels of progress in each key area of the LRPT: Early Tech, Developing Tech, Advanced Tech, or Target Tech.
The StaR Chart asks and answers critical questions about the district’s current standing in meeting the goals and objectives of Texas’ Long Range Plan for Technology, which also aligns with the federal standard of NCLB, which states the students should be technology literate by the end of their 8th grade year.
The TexasSTaR Chart focuses on four key areas: teaching and learning, educator preparation and development, administration and support and infrastructure for technology
The STaR Chart uses for ratings to measure the district’s progress in meeting the goals of Texas’ Long Range Plan for Technology
The Texas STaR Chart survey results has provided us with a scorecard of our performance. Although we have made some gains, we have some definite challenges to overcome. One way to begin is to focus on one of the Key Areas and begin to map out steps that we can take to make immediate improvements.
1. Texas STaR Chart <br />Dessau Teachers<br />The GATEWAY <br />to 21st Century Students<br />By: Tiffany L. Burleson<br />Lamar University Graduate Studies<br />Course: EDLD 5352 Instruction Leadership: The Technology Link<br />November 29, 2009<br />
2. AGENDA<br />Greeting<br />Faculty Share – “Good Things”<br />Faculty Luncheon – Athletic Dept. Chair<br />Technology Presentation – Texas Long Range Plan<br />Texas STaR Chart<br />SNAPSHOT – Campus STaR Chart Findings<br />Progress Meter – Our Strengths – “Top 3”<br />From Developing Tech to Advanced Tech<br />Review<br />Launch<br />
3. Texas STaR Chart<br />Establishing a shared vision of teaching and learning through the application and integration of technology.<br />
4. Texas STaR Chart<br />A tool for teachers and campuses to measures their progress toward meeting the goals of Texas’ Long-Range Plan for Technology.<br />
5. STaR Chart – Components<br /> Texas Teacher STaR Chart <br />Its purpose is to assist all classroom teachers in assessing needs and setting goals for the use of technology in the classroom to support student achievement.<br />Texas Campus STaR Chart<br />Is a tool designed for use in technology planning, budgeting for resources, and evaluation of progress in local technology projects.<br />
6. Texas STaR ChartAsks Critical Questions<br /> What are the campus’ and district’s current educational technology profiles?<br />What evidence can be provided to demonstrate their progress is meeting the goals of the Long Range Plan for Technology?<br />What areas should the district focus on to improve its level of technology in teaching & learning in order to be on target with mandated student achievement?<br />
7. Texas STaR Chart Evaluation of Four Key Areas<br />Teaching and Learning<br />Educator Preparation and Development<br />Administration and Support<br />Infrastructure for Technology<br />
8. Teaching & Learning<br />Focus Areas<br />Impact of Technology on Teacher Role & Collaborative Learning<br />Patterns of Teacher Use<br />Frequency/Design of Instructional Setting Using Digital Content<br />Curriculum Areas<br />Technology Applications TEKS Assessment<br />Patterns of Student Use<br />
9. Educator Preparation & Development<br />Focus Areas<br />Content of Training<br />Capabilities of Educators<br />Leadership & Capabilities of Administrators<br />Models of Professional Development<br />Levels of Understanding & Patterns of Use<br />Technology Budget Allocated to Technology Professional Development<br />
11. Infrastructure for Technology<br />Focus Areas<br />Students per Computer<br />Internet Access Connectivity/Speed<br />Distance Learning<br />LAN/WAN<br />Other Technologies<br />
12. Texas STaR Chart Performance Indicators of Four Key Areas<br />
13. Current Campus Profile<br />Dessau Middle School's Current STAR Chart Profile<br />
14. Dessau Texas STaR Chart Campus Results<br />
15. Summary of Data<br />Achieved “Developing Tech” in all four key areas.<br />Remained consistent over last two years.<br />Dropped in each of the categories after 2006-2007 and declined from Advanced to Developing in the Infrastructure for Technology category.<br />