E-WALLET APPLICATION SERVICE PAYMENT USING
NFC (NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION) TECHNOLOGY
ON SMARTPHONE BASED ANDROID OPERATING SYSTEM
I Gede Tirta Nata
1st Advisor 2nd Advisor
AGUS VIRGONO, Ir., MT SURYA MICHRANDI NASUTION, ST., MT
(NIK : 93660083-1) (NIK : 10860738-3)
• e-Wallet a service payment application to transact virtual
money with shopping vouchers via android smartphone
(your money in smartphone as a wallet).
• Instant, flexible and simple for user
(access and protect all important your information).
• Using NFC technology on RFID contactless system with
reader/writer mode based standard ISO/IEC 14443 and
• Needed a system that can transfer some user data to or from
web server, activate voucher code and shopping payment.
• Activate account on registration-login from the application with
input Username, IMEI and PIN to get listed in web server.
• Add payment balance user on voucher card with activate 16
• Expenditure transactions on smartphone apps to get closer to
logo smartposter (NFC tag) then scan it and send product
data to the web server.
Problem Limitation :
• e-Wallet app specifically for smartphone android platform 2.3
(Gingerbread) and above who support NFC tech.
• This project is only for transfer of data transaction from
smartposter to e-Wallet app and validation in web server.
• This system not discuss the network security etc.
• Only use NFC tech reader/writer operating mode with
standardization ISO/IEC 14443 and FeliCa schemes.
• Payment model made alternative with shopping voucher as
income user (buyers).
Problem Limitation : Cont…
• Assumptions shopping transactions conducted in a shopping
center where the user brings smartphone include e-Wallet
• Assumptions administrator set up the transaction in the
website and of course shopping center provide free WiFi
• Assumptions shopping vouchers are only available at stores
(retail) where user can buy it if their balance is less and each
of the products is mounted smartposter that embedded
Electronic Wallet :
e-Wallet systems are common several types : Business to
Business (B2B), Business to Consumer (B2C) and Consumer to
Consumer (C2C). Suited to provide a safe way for smartphone
users to store and use online shopping information. Consists of
software and information that provides security and encryption
personal info transaction. Information like ID, PIN number, billing
and date transaction can be managed easily from server
NFC is a set of wireless connectivity based RFID tech which
uses magnetic field induction to enable communication between
electronic device within a close (<2 inch). NFC evolved
contactless system refers standard ISO/IEC 14443, operates at
13.56 MHz with data transmission speed 106 – 424 kbps
NFC defined 2 types mode operation as an initiator and a target
communication, namely Active Mode and Passive Mode.
NFC support 3 types method operation very unique compatible
smart card standard, such Reader/Writer Method, Peer-to-Peer
(P2P) Method and Emulation Card Method.
NFC tag is a small area of
programming information that can be
embedded in poster, on billboards or
ads in the product retail stores.
Dimensions for NFC tag format is
determined to be 85.46 x 53.92 x 0.76
mm (± tolerance).
The process of making tags using
RTD (Record Type Definition NDEF
Signature), to verify the integrity and
authenticity of content. The benefits
will be more secure for the long term
but weakness if you want to change
the new information then all tags must
also be replaced and it takes time and
Smartposter is billboards or posters
displayed in public area are equipped
with contactless NFC tag, typically
RFID embedded in them. Smartposter
simplify customer interaction with the
product being advertised, smartposter
also significantly increase marketing
SD : Registration / Login
POST DATA USER
SD : Activate Voucher
USER BUY VOUCHER
INPUT CODE VOUCHER
GET DATA VOUCHER
INCOME OUTPUT USER
SD : Shopping Payment
LOGIN DATA USER
ACTIVATE NFC FEATURE ON SMARTPHONE
GET DATA VOUCHER
GET ID PRODUCT
Analysis #Network Statistics
Network Statstics in DDMS
with connection EDGE, 3G
and WiFi based TX (left)
and RX (right).
The maximum values is 10.29
kbps which indicates that RX
is always greater than TX.
Analysis #Network Statistics
Network Statstics in DDMS with
connection EDGE, 3G and WiFi
based TX and RX.
Graphs of total data packets
sent and received on connection
EDGE, 3G and WiFi
• Network Statistics in DDMS with connection speeds an EDGE, 3G and WiFi
based on the TX (transmitter) and RX (receiver), the maximum value is 10.29
kbps which indicates that RX is always greater than TX.
• Resource usage required size of 2.36 MB so that need 2.39 MB free storage
can be installed. Heap size 9.383 MB, 8.485 MB storage allocation so
percentage of memory to used is 90.43%.
• Constraints perceived by the respondents while running this application is
Internet Connection (47%).
• App dev. suitable location according responding chose in Shopping Centers
• Use IMEI smartphone to help authenticate user accounts with system single
user, single wallet, single account prevent misuse by other.
• Expected application design must focused on security
system on the web server such as uses http security
(https) portal and added functionality for transportation
service, cinema and home security.
• Expected next project development this application not
only works on Android OS but also applied on Apple
iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry smartphone so that
all users can benefit of this technology.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.