10 Best Ways to
Trash Your Social
1. Tweet or post every five minutes hot reports like “I am leaving the
2. Create a Facebook page but never update it.
3. Blur the lines between your personal and professional social net-
works. Clearly your customers want to see your son’s soccer pho-
tos – and your family is dying to hear about your new menu.
4. Post every joke, forward every chain mail, and especially, respond
to every survey asking you which Star Trek character you are. And
be sure to ask your customers to do the same.
5. Post lots of photos of your kids doing embarrassing things.
6. Do not link up your Facebook page, web site, twitter account, etc.
Let each live in a vacuum. And never, under any circumstances,
promote your social media presence at all – just let folks stumble
7. Do not monitor your pages – you certainly do NOT want to open a
Communication strategies for
dialogue with your customers or prospects.
a world without strings.™ 8. Do not have a strategy – just give it a go and see what happens!
9. Be completely 100% self-serving. After all, it’s all about you. Social
twitter.com/tincansllc media is there for you to promote your business only. There’s no
Follow us on Facebook! need to interact with pesky customers.
Phone: 717-279-1484 10. The most important thing you can do to ensure your social network-
Fax: 717-222-5400 ing efforts are a disaster: Don’t ask questions. And for heaven’s
firstname.lastname@example.org sake don’t call us for assistance!.
Follow us on Facebook!
Type address here or use Mail
Merge (under Tools) to
automatically address this
publication to multiple