ERP Software Business Analyst
The Business Analyst will analyze business processes and configure, modify
and configure JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software or ERP software and
related business functions for a related group of companies. Responsibilities
also include assessing needs and formulating solutions through the use of JD
Edwards EnterpriseOne and other applications; initiating and leading related
projects; and providing daytoday support of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Responsibilities and Technical Skills Required:
· Gather business requirements, design and develop and modify JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne financial and operational reports and programs for all businesses.
· Work with business teams to gather business requirements, prepare, prioritize and
deliver reports for all functional areas and business units across the organization.
Assist with the continued rollout of reporting support architecture throughout the
· Partner with various business units in the organization to facilitate implementation of
new or improved reporting processes.
· Work with application development staff to coordinate; the creation and management
of reporting environment.
· Take a lead role in the planning, design, development, and deployment of re
implementation of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
· Partner with end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and
identify and resolve business systems issues.
· Meet with decision makers and end users to define business, financial, and
operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
· Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing
business processes, operations, and information process flow.
· Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop
strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
· Create system design proposals.
ERP Business Analyst Page 1 of 4
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other
· Help with the training of existing staff in the effective use of JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne development tools and maintenance of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
· Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Business Skills Required:
Business Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the issues relevant to a variety of
software modules including A/R, A/P, G/L, Fixed Assets, HR, Payroll, Real Estate and
Manufacturing; maintains an uptodate perspective and knowledge of the businesses; applies
technology and business knowledge to solve business problems and create new opportunities.
Executes/ResultsDriven: Sets and conveys clear goals and monitors progress; is accessible and
supports relevant others; obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and
sound decisions and influencing others.
Analytical Thinking: Intellectual capacity to break down a problem or situation into its component
parts, identifying implications, timeframes and sequences.
Attention to Detail: A concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work reflecting an
underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures.
Collaboration and Teamwork: Creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing
interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other
constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others'
strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; cooperates with colleagues and shares
Client/Relationship Management: Establishes and builds relationships with clients. Applies
knowledge to the business and provides personalized, valueadded service. Demonstrates
willingness to meet needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products
and services that best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for improving service
and performs necessary followup work without being prompted.
· College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or
business administration and/or 35 years equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 3 years practical functional experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Software or other ERP software.
· Excellent understanding of ERP Software Fundamentals and Tools.
· Knowledge of common best practice financial, accounting, and business practices.
· Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
ERP Business Analyst Page 2 of 4
· Direct handson experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and
· Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets,
graphs, and flow charts.
· Proven data analysis, data verification, and problemsolving abilities.
· Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
· Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to projectbased work
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and userfriendly language.
This is a salaried position with some flexibility in hours once oncall and support coverage
schedules are worked out with the team. Employees will be expected to deliver a full 810 hours
per day, as needed. Applicant must be willing to work additional or nonstandard hours to support
delivery of timecritical project deadlines.
Washington Corporations provides a competitive compensation package based on the skills and
experience of the selected candidate. This salary package will include full participation in
Washington Companies benefits programs including profit sharing and health care coverage.
About Missoula, Montana
Missoula is a vibrant community providing many opportunities for families and individuals seeking
to experience the Montana quality of life. Nestled in the Rocky Mountains of western Montana,
Missoula is one of the west's most sophisticated cities, brimming with all the culture and activities
typical of a university town.
Missoula boasts a variety of outdoor pursuits from hiking a nearby mountain or river trail to golfing
one of the many convenient courses. There’s something to do outdoors all year long. Skiing,
snowmobiling and ice skating, fishing, hunting, mountain climbing, river rafting, mountain biking
are just some of the many things you can do outside.
For more information about Missoula, Montana visit www.missoulachamber.com/community/
About The Washington Companies and Washington Corporations
The Washington Companies are a vibrant group of individual and independently operated
companies in which Montana businessman Dennis R. Washington directly or indirectly holds
significant ownership position. Each company displays a unique entrepreneurial spirit that is
ERP Business Analyst Page 3 of 4
individually cultured and managed by professional management teams that are guided by
separate Boards of Directors.
The Washington Companies have grown and diversified by focusing on core industries in six
primary sectors: rail transportation, marine transportation, construction and mining, heavy
equipment sales, aviation technology, and real estate development.
All of the companies are privately held and independently. The Washington Companies are
headquartered throughout the United States and western Canada and conduct business
Washington Corporations, headquartered in Missoula, Montana, provides central and
administrative services to the Washington Companies. The company employs professionals in
information technology, tax management, human resources, legal services, accounting, business
development, communications, real estate management, aviation, travel, facilities and hospitality.
For more information on the Washington Companies visit www.washcorp.com
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
ERP Business Analyst Page 4 of 4