1. Chad Mureta & Successful App Empire Student Jason Adams [VIDEO 2of 4]Chad Mureta and the App Empire is Helping StudentsMake Money in the New App Industry. Transcript of the 2nd of Four Videos from the Launch of App Empire.To see this video and get free access to all the other videos visit:http://appempireaffiliates.co/video02 CHAD MURETA: Hi, this is Chad Mureta, author of the best-sellingbook App Empire. Right now I am going to show you how you can use the tools and secrets inmy App Empire Automatic Appreneur system to tap into a multi-billion dollar worldwidemarket. It doesn’t matter if you are 25 or 75. In fact, I will prove to you how being older andwiser can actually be an asset when it comes to building a profitable App business.Now, there is something very important that I want you to notice about what I am going to beteaching you throughout the rest of this free training video. Everything I do will be done usingonly very simple concepts that literally anyone can learn, and I will be doing it all without usingany gimmicks. No fancy double talk or slight-of-hand, just a totally perfected system that willtake you by the hand and show you how to rule the App store as you build your own AppEmpire.Ok, so during the rest of this video I am going to get very specific and demonstrate to you justhow simple what I do actually is if you understand a few simple rules. I call them my sevencommandments of building an App empire.I am sitting here at my friend Mars house in La Jolla, California, and I will be honest with you, Ijust got caught up on my sleep because I have been on a PR marathon lately thanks to thesuccess of my best-selling book App Empire.Just yesterday I spent the entire day with a crew from 60 Minutes. It was incredible. We werewalking along the beach and talking about lifestyle and really teaching them this whole newwave of Appification and how things are completely changing business in how we know it, and acouple of the guys were older, you know, 65 years old, they didn’t realize what an App was, andI started telling them about how I have been successful and about primarily thesecommandments.
2. It was funny because at the end while the sun is setting we had a last shot where we weretoasting champagne glasses, and the guy looked back at the producer and says “you know what?I am getting into the App business. I am going to start my App immediately tomorrow” whichwas pretty cool.If you know and understand these seven simple rules and live by them as you build up your AppEmpire, you pretty much can’t lose. I am going to go into detail about three of them in just asecond. Before I do that, let me list them off for you…The First Commandment is: “Thou Shall Get Psychological to Win at the App Game.”Then there is the Second Commandment: “Thou Shall Perform App Research Because it WillMake You More Money.”The Third Commandment, “Thou Shall Not Fear App Development.” It won’t hurt you.The Fourth Commandment: “Thou Shall Analyze and Tweak Like a Freak.”The Fifth Commandment is: “Remember to Use the Mureta Marketing and MonetizationTrifecta.” Better marketing means more downloads and a bigger bank account. It is as simple asthat.The Sixth Commandment: “Honor Team Building and Create Repeatable Systems.” This iswhere the sustainable income lives,The Seventh Commandment: “Thou Shall Network Like a Pro.”Now, like I said, I want to get really specific and show you how much living by thesecommandments can make your life as an Appreneur so much easier and more profitable. So, let’sstart with an example that uses the second commandment, “Thou shalt perform App researchbecause it will make you more money.”This is my friend and student Jason Adams. He is going to tell you how he made his first Appwithout my help, and even though it wasn’t a super-great concept, he still makes money with it.Then, using my system for market research, he figured out how to pick a solid App idea and havesuccess in the App store in one of the most lucrative categories. JASON ADAMS: Alright, my first App is called “Bright Fast” and whatChad told me was that if you get your App in before Christmas, you will get ten times thedownloads.
3. Well, I love a challenge like that so I just got started and the first thing I did was hit up a wholebunch of developers online and the first question I asked was “Do you have time to develop thisnow? Can you do it in the time I need?” I wanted to get it in before Christmas. From there I justtold them what I wanted. I sent them an example of an App like the one I wanted to create andtold them what I wanted to change.Now, reviewing an App usually takes a week, but I did an expedited review and it took a coupleof days. So, what that means is it got reviewed on the seventeenth. I actually submitted itprobably by the fifteenth, so I developed this App in only seven days.So, I just wanted to show you that even though I didn’t know what I was doing. I picked a reallybad App idea. I didn’t use Chad’s system, and I still did it fast without knowing any coding. So,even though that was a bad idea I decided to start again and do another App, and this time I amgoing to use Chad’s system, and I wanted to show you how I picked my first App, and basicallywhat Chad teaches is just get to know the market.Not every marketplace that you need to make money in is so available like the iTunes stores. So,all you have to do to get to know the market is basically go in here to the top charts, and I click“Paid Apps”, and you will see that this is the top-paid Apps for the iPhone.What Chad tells you to do is to just skip the games because games are really competitive, theyare expensive to make, and you might as well start cheap, start small, and start in a place whereyou can easily do some damage.So the first couple here you’ll notice are games, and all I am doing is quickly scanning andfinding things that aren’t games. The first one we see is Camera Plus, and using Chad’s systemhe just tells you to go through each one of these Apps that is not a game, that looks likesomething you could make, and first ask “How many Apps are there like it?” Camera Apps thereis a ton. Everyone needs to take pictures. It is going to be successful forever. So, that is kind of acheck right there. You know that it is good to go.The next thing you do is you check how long it has been successful for, and the way we do thatis by going to the internet here and going to topappcharts.com. All I have got to do is type in thename of the App, Camera Plus.So all you are looking for here when you check this App out is to make sure that it is not somefly-by-night, you know, this guy just got a magazine ad for his App and it is successful rightnow, but that it is an App that the whole market actually wants.Now, a camera App I think the market is always going to want it, and you can tell here that hasbeen number one in photography and number three in top Apps for almost the entire month. Sothis thing is something the market wants and it has been successful. It is not, you know, somefly-by-night App.After you have checked how many other Apps are like it and that it has been successful for along time, the next thing you have to do is ask yourself how you can make it better. An easy way
4. to do this is to look through reviews. That is what Chad had me do at first. So, you look for thosebad reviews.Right here it says “Don’t pay One Star.” Well, why did they think it was bad? They thought itwas bad because after the Internet purchase it shoots at a different resolution. It used to be ahigher resolution. So, maybe that is something you could do, you could change the App so that itshoots at a high resolution even in the free mode, or whatever the problem is. So, going throughreviews will give you the things you can fix, and you write all this stuff down.Step one is how many other Apps are there like it?Step two is how long has it been successful for?Finally, step three is what can you do to make it better, and not only can you do for the App, butwhat can you do to market it better?When you ask yourself how you can market this better, there is a lot of different stuff that Chadteaches and he lays it all out for you, but one of the key areas is title, icon, and screenshots.If you look at the title here, Camera Plus, I mean that is kind of a joke. The iPhone it is prettysharp, but you can definitely do some testing, you know, what Chad teaches is that most peoplewhen they do their icon, no one does any testing, they don’t change anything, they just drop it inand their done. Well, if you are testing the icon you will be able to beat them.Also, screen shots here, the first screen shot they have is about clarity. So, maybe that issomething you could test. You could have a screenshot that shows them, “Oh, here is all of thesecool things that you can send to your friends.”So, we did Camera Plus here then we go to the next one Free Music Downloader. We go throughthe steps again. You know, we ask how can we make it better? How can we market it better? So,you do that all the way down the line.Now, I am going to stay on this App to show you one really important part to Chad’s system, it iscalled skinning. When you look at these Apps the next question you ask after you figure out ifyou can market it better, if you can make it better, is “Can I use the code for something more?”So, this one is, what does it do? It lets you download music to your iPhone. Well, maybe wecould use this same code to download movies to your iPhone, Free Movie Downloader Pro, stufflike that. So, as part of his system you just write down “Can I use this for other Apps? Whatother ideas do I have?” Maybe you could give it a one to ten rating. So, we will go back and wewill do that for every single one. This is one that I grabbed as well.So this was the winner and basically it was really easy to pick this App because all I did is followChad’s steps. I mean step one is getting to know the market. Step two is going through themarket and doing your research on all the Apps that you might want to copy, or make, or use asinspiration for your App, and that would be able to be used for more than just one App.
5. I got quotes on them. The designer said “Hey, this one seems the easiest to make”, and that ishow you choose it. It is pretty simple. All of the marketing stuff. All of the rest of that jazz Chadlays out for you and takes care of it. That is no problem. This is all you have got to do to pickyour App.When I first picked my App, I just kind of went by what I thought was cool and what I woulduse, and that is why that App isn’t very successful. I mean it is doing great. It has made me mymoney back, but it is not going to make me rich. Alright, I think that is it, back to you Chad. CHAD MURETA: Thanks Jason. Pretty simple for getting such hugeresults right?Alright, next I am going to get into how you can apply the fourth commandment “Thou shaltanalyze and tweak like a freak.” This is so important because just a few simple tweaks canradically put numbers on the board in the form of downloads which ultimately equates to dollarsand freedom to do what you want to do with your life.Jason is going to walk you through how simple it is submitting an App. You know, picking thebest keywords and just changing a couple of keywords how they can completely double andtriple your installs. JASON ADAMS: The fourth commandment is “Thou shalt analyze andtweak like a freak” and before I get started, I will tell you what Chad means by “tweak.” It is notdrugs. Tweaking is taking an App, let me pull up one here, and changing all of the stuff that thecustomer might see, so that you are optimizing for more downloads.So, in this example it is changing the icon right here, the title, the description, the screenshotsand anything that you can change, so that you are tweaking constantly to make sure that you areoptimized for what the market wants.You may do an App submission with a title and nothing happens. Your App bombs, but youchange the title just to something else and all of a sudden you are really successful. So, that iswhat he means by tweak like a freak, and that is what I am going to show you today.When I picked my first App I said “Ok, this App, what does it do?” It is a brightness App. Youpush a slider up and down and it will change your brightness. It is a shortcut. You know, it letsyou customize it, it has some cool graphics. Alright, so what keywords should I choose?
6. I am like “how about brightness shortcuts” and stuff like that right? This is my version of 1.1Bright Fast. The 1.0 was before I added one of Chad’s keywords, so when I started this, I hadprobably brightness, dimmer, battery life, and brightness shortcut. Those are really bad. No oneis typing that in and if they are, it is not big keywords.Using Chad’s system he actually gave me just one keyword and he just told me to throw it inthere. That was the keyword “screen” and when I added this keyword “screen” it doubled myinstalls, and that is what showed me “Wow, I really just have to follow it. Like Chad just tell mewhat to do man because this is going to work.”So, now I have only changed one keyword since then, and I am going to use his system now tochange all of my keywords. It is really simple.Essentially step one is figuring out who your customer is, and to do that you kind of want to gooff of the popular Apps which is just like commandment number two, knowing your market. So,we are going to go into the market and find some popular Apps that could be related to what Ihave.I have a brightness App, ok, so “camera”, not related, “games”, not related. If you go throughhere, just go through the top charts; iPhone stuff, “teaching you iPhone”, not related. The firstthing you will hit which is what I did is a battery App right here; Battery Boost Magic.Luckily for me it was the very first one, ok, so battery is popular, people are buying it, and youknow what, you could call my App a battery App because you are changing brightness and thatsaves battery. So, the first thing you have to do is get to know your customer and say “Ok, I havemy iPhone and this thing keeps dying on me, what am I typing in to try and solve that?” One ofthe first ones is probably “save battery.” So you can go ahead and type that keyword in, and stepone is just knowing your customer.Step two is typing in the keywords and analyzing them and looking for indicators of success. Itsounds a lot more complicated than it really is. All you are doing is looking in these things andsaying “Ok, is there any popular Apps here?” “Save battery?” Nope. Not a single one. None ofthese Apps are popular Apps. So, we try something else. How about “light”? You know, theymay think “Ok my screen is showing too bright, so maybe light is something they are typing in”and to figure it out all you have got to do is look for those successful Apps.Now, it is really easy as you can tell. All you have got to do is type in the keyword, but it doestake a lot of time, and I just wanted to let you know that Chad has actually been working on anautomated tool. I haven’t got to use it yet, but hopefully that thing comes out soon, and I think heis going to be telling you guys about it later, and that will just take care of all of this grunt work.It is not hard, but you don’t want to sit here typing in 100 keywords and finding the best stuff, sohe has got a tool that is going to do it for you.So anyways, all I am doing here to find my keywords is typing in a bunch of keywords that Ithink will be related and looking for indicators of success, and right here we type in light, and Iam just looking to see are there popular Apps here. I don’t see anything too crazy. Let me look
7. down here. Oh, that is that popular flashlight App. This one was popular too. The reason I knowthis is because I have been watching the market. You go a bit further, and nothing too crazy. So,light seems decent, but it is not amazing, and so then I go back to it and think “Ok, what otherkeywords could there be?”How about phone? You know? My phone is dying, so I might type in phone, and you can just trya bunch of different stuff that comes up to you and comes in mind and look. So, we will type inphone and I am looking for successful Apps. Find My iPhone, super-popular, Text Plus, bigpopular App, Phone Security, that is Chad’s App, that is popular. Text Free, that is popular, andthis one is huge. So, right away you can tell that it is really easy to see when a keyword is a goodoption because I typed in phone and there is like six popular paid Apps at the top right away. Q-R reader, that was a top App for a long time. So, all of these… this is an amazing keyword. Iwould definitely use “phone.”So, I would write that down, and that is basically all you have got to do is you go through, andstep one, just think about your customer. Think about “What successful App could I make thislike?” Or “What is the customer who is looking for this App looking for?” Come up with someideas, and then try those keywords out, and look for indicators of success.Now, step three is basically just looking at all of the keywords you have picked out. You know, Ithink what Chad has you do is to sort of write down how many popular Apps were under thekeyword. You put down as many as you can. Chad’s little tool is going to do this all for you, butright now, you just go through I would say at least 20-30 keywords, pick them out, if it is popularwrite it down, and then go back and say “Ok, which of these keywords that is popular is morelikely for someone using my App to type in?”It is pretty simple, I mean step one know your customer. Step two, try out some keywords, dosome research and make sure it has popular Apps on it, and step three is just pick it based on thatdata. You don’t even really need the three steps. It is super-simple just type in the keywords,make sure it is popular, and choose those keywords, and it seems simple, but that is not what youdo.When I did my first App I was like “Well, what would people type in?” I thought like a searchengine. That is not how you want to do it. You want to pick keywords that you know will get youa lot of downloads, and so we will go back to my market here and you will see I went from“brightness shortcut”, “dimmer”, things like that, that I thought described my App really well,and I ended up with “battery”, “save”, “flashlight”, “screen”, “phone”, “bright”, “light”, “alert”,“help”, and “secret”. Much different than the one I had before, and I am positive that because Ihave used Chad’s system for all of my keywords this time, and not just the one keyword he gaveme, that it will multiply my results by a ton.My goal is actually to get into the top 100 for utilities. That is the category for my App is a utilityApp, and if I got into the top 100, I mean I am making money now. If I got to the top 100, thatwould be very big for me. I think, I would be making, I don’t know, five times the money?We’ll see.
8. So, the goal, top 100 in utilities. I have done some dramatic changes, and I used Chad’s systemstep-by-step, so I think I am going to get there. Cross your fingers for me, I hope it gets there.Alright, I guess that is it, back to you Chad. CHAD MURETA: Ok, so now it is my turn. I am going to reviewsomething that pretty much no one else is doing, and I have actually got a special tool that willdo this automatically for you.Today, I am going to show you the manual way of how I used to do it. This is all about the fifthcommandment. Remember to use the Mureta Marketing and Monetization Trifecta. Bettermarketing means more downloads and a bigger bank accountI am going to go to the App store which is the U.S. store, and type in one of my old companies,Empire Apps. As you can see by these Apps, they are all in English, right, there is nothingspecial, they are all in English, and what I learned from this software, and actually from talkingto a bunch of people is that there are tons of ways to make money with this because this is aworld business. Ok, this isn’t just in the U.S., it is all around the world, and I need you to startthinking like that.So, what I am going to do is go into a different country and show you that this software not onlytranslates it, but it is geo-location. So, if I am in Germany and I go ahead and click on fingerprintsecurity. If I am in Germany, it says in English right now, and so for a lot of people that don’tspeak English, that actually will not convert into sales, right, because they are reading in English,they have no idea what it does.Now, if I go into the German store with this software, it automatically populates all around theworld so tons of people in these different languages can actually read it in their specificlanguage. It does this by geo-targeting and geo-location wherever they are at. Whatever countrythey are at, it grabs the information and displays it in the right language. They can actually see it,and that turns it into a download, and again this tool does it all automatically for you where I hadto do it by hand, this actually grabs the information and does it for you for the whole world. Ittranslates everything, and that is where the income you can make three, to five, to six. We hadinitially when we started this, we did eight times our downloads in revenue just from this onesimple tool.Ok, so, now we are in the German store. Now, when you check on my Apps, Empire Apps, youwill see some things very different about them. The name and also the description is translated. Itis in German, so now if I am in Germany and I am looking at this, I read it. I know what it says. Iknow what it means. I get excited and now I download the App, and this is the case in all of themajor countries, and that is really the value of this software. No more manual labor. No moretrying to go through it by hand and wasting the time. It does it all for you.
9. Again, to be completely transparent, this is a technique that took me time to figure out and issomething someone should only do once they have developed their abilities as an Appreneurbefore all of these commandments of taking time to build powerful, customized tools to handlejust about all of the work on autopilot which I will tell you about later.So, anyone can tell you how great their own system is, but nothing beats having someone elsesaying good stuff about your stuff. So, in the next video you are going to meet a bunch of peoplewho will testify to the success they have had using what I have taught them, including somemajor players that you may already know.I don’t want to ruin the surprise, but be sure you show up to watch the next video in this series offree videos. Some of them are getting results that even blow me away.This is Chad Mureta. I will see you on the fourth video of this series. This is a Transcript of the 2nd of Four Videos from the Launch of App Empire.To see this video and get free access to all the other videos visit:http://appempireaffiliates.co/video02