Top 15 FilmCharactersSo many have been missed!Sorry guys
15. Doug Pixar have brought many iconic characters to the screen, so many that they could make up their own list. Up is one of the studios best pictures and like so many of its predecessors its best character is a non human – in this case a talking dog who brings most of the laughs throughout the film and is seemingly impossible not to like. Mans best friends has never been so amazing.
14. James Bond Theres no doubt that Mr Bond is the most iconic British character of all time and has been the star of one of the most successful and longest running franchises of cinema history and will be celebrating his 50th Birthday this year with the release of Skyfall. All 6 Bonds have brought something new to the role which has never seen a bad film release. May Bond live forever!
13. Eames Christopher Nolan has a track record of creating great characters and add to that the talent of breakout star Tom Hardy and Inception has its entry on the list. The joy of the performance comes from the fact that Hardy was new and exciting at the time and will hopefully go on to create another great character with Nolan in The Dark Knight Rises this summer when he takes a villainous streak.
12. Jack Sparrow “There should be a Captain in there somewhere” – Theres no doubting that Johnny Depp is one of the greatest actors of his generation but at this moment he shall be going down in history for his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean series which has seen him transform a supporting role into one of the most recognizable characters of the early 21st century. Lets hope he doesnt ruin it in the next 7000 sequels Disney are planning.
11. Olive The only female entry on this list, to shame Hollywood, Olive is one of the best leading ladies of the last few years with Emma Stone completely carrying Easy A with a superb performance as an actual believable teenager. Not only does she have a brilliant family but she’s an actual intelligent teenager (YES they do exist!!) So the lesson from this please more female lead roles!!
10. Gizmo Another none human character, Gizmo is the ultimate Christmas present everyone should want if you can play by the rules. Yeah theres the possibility that he can turn into a terrifying evil monster but so can Christian Bale and people still like him … The charm of this particular animal is that you no he couldn’t really exist and that he is a puppet but that’s what adds to the fun of the Gremlins films. Just don’t feed him after midnight.
9. Brick Steve Carell is one of America’s finniest men and Brick is arguably his greatest creation. Lets face it those who aren’t so intelligent are hilarious in comedies and Brick is the ultimate. Like many of the other great film characters Brick is just a supporting role and this leaves you wanting more scenes with him, but is more always better?
8. Doc Brown Crazy Scientists are always fun and Doc Brown is the ultimate. Lets forget the slightly suspicious fact his best friend is in High School and concentrate on the important thing = he built a time machine out of a DELOREAN. Christopher Lloyd is fantastic in the role, with one scene possibly been the greatest comic reaction in film history, not to mention his character getting THE greatest closing lines of all time.
7. Rex In a world with such a great film as Jurassic Park you wouldn’t expect the greatest dinosaur character to be from a childrens film. Well Rex isnt an ordinary T-Rex and fought of tough competition from his Toy Story co-stars for his place on this list buts lets face it you just can’t not love Rex!! He represents what is at the heart of the Toy Story and every good family film and that’s that he is funny, harmless and most of all just fun!
6. Indiana Jones Can we just forget Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for a second? Good. Harrison Ford is one of the early blockbuster icons bringing Han Solo and Indiana Jones to life and if I’m honest it’s hard to pick between the two but Jones gets much more screen time is a little bit more of a likable character then Mr Solo (who did shoot first). Lets remember though that Indy does have the James Bond as a father so is it little wonder hes so cool?
5. The Joker The role that will forever be remembered for been one of Heath Ledgers final roles is all his finest. It’s almost impossible to see the 10 Things I Hate About You star in his Dark Knight character but it is one of most superb performances and will become one of the iconic villains of cinema and has seemingly even managed to eclipse Jack Nicholson’s 1989 joker in Tim Burtons Batman. RIP Heath
4. Forrest Gump Tom Hanks is acting royalty FACT. But perhaps he will be best remembered for his Oscar winning turn in Forrest Gump the role that made him a household name. Hanks carries the film with a faultless performance which sees him in almost every scene of the epic. It’s a job that could of gone terribly wrong but Hanks got it just right and has managed to provide the film world with one of cinemas most quotable characters. I really do want some chocolates though!
3. R2D2 and C3PO In Star Wars George Lucas created a galaxy of memorable characters but it is these two droids that come up time again. Stars of all 6 instalments of the saga, its worth pointing out that the 2 weakest films are those in which the 2 spend most of the film apart. Oddly it’s the human attributes of the droids that make them so memorable and enjoyable, possibly been cinemas greatest ever double act.
2. The Fellowship of the Ring You try to create a list without having every Lord of the Rings character on there!! The fabulous characters come straight from Tolkiens mind and at the centre of the story are the 9 members of the Fellowship who shine across all 3 film, even Sean Bean who died in the first one!! Every one gets there chance to shine and maybe some shine brighter then others but every member of the fellowship is worthy of number 2. And maybe Faramir, or Arwen, or Bilbo? You get the picture.
1. Murdoch If you need a supporting character to be funny why not make him mental. It defiantly worked in the 2010 remake of The A-Team where Sharlto Copley steals the show and puts his name down for best comic relief from a supporting character of all time. Perhaps what is more refreshing is their wont be a sequel which means theirs no option for the good work to be ruined even if that does mean no more Murdoch…