It is ATEC’s view that in order to address the quality issues that are inherent in our industry, the approach must be comprehensive. The problems will not be solved with single actions. All legislative frameworks, both existing and proposed must be considered collectively.
1. <ul><li>Peter Burke </li></ul><ul><li>Managing Director – Travellers Auto Barn </li></ul><ul><li>& </li></ul><ul><li>Chair - Backpacker Tourism Advisory Panel </li></ul>
2. BTAP – in review….. <ul><li>BTAP Secretariat </li></ul><ul><li>Significant lobbying efforts </li></ul><ul><li>Increased engagement with tourism bodies & BOA’s </li></ul><ul><li>Industry contribution to BTAP </li></ul><ul><li>Virgin sponsorship </li></ul><ul><li>ATEC Backpacker/Youth membership </li></ul><ul><li>Backpacker Industry Forums </li></ul><ul><li>Annual National Backpacker Conference </li></ul><ul><li>Financial contribution to DIAC’s – “Evaluation of Australia’s WHM Program” </li></ul><ul><li>Panel reps on IRG for STCRC research project “Evolution of the Backpacker Market” </li></ul>
4. Youth Trade Mission - 2009
5. The impact of negative media…..
6. … how are we getting noticed? TNSW Surf Strategy
7. I wish I’d known that….
8. Name/Company Industry Sector Chair: Peter Ovenden – Global Gossip Media/Communications Vice Chair: Brett Claxton – Calypso Backpackers Accommodation Greg Cole – Oz Experience Tour/Transport Michael Collins – Backpack WA BOA Representative Karen Fitzgerald – Tourism NT STO Representative Katrina Greeves – World Nomads Retail/Wholesale Martin Lane – Backpacker Trade News Media/Communications Julian Ledger – YHA New South Wales Accommodation Nick Thomas - Base Retail/Wholesale Craig – Wachholz – Let’s Go Surfing Tour/Transport Jennifer Woodbridge ATEC Representative