Strategy is about understanding
what you do, looking out over the
long-term future to determine
what you want to become,
on how you plan to get there.
- C. Davis Fogg, Strategist
Strategic vs. Utility IT
The main obstacles to improved
business responsiveness are slow
departmental goals and priorities,
risk-averse cultures and silo-based
- The Economist Intelligence Unit
Time To Market
McKinsey Quarterly Think
• How will IT change the basis of competition in our industry?
• What will it take to exceed our customers’ expectations in a
• Do our business plans reﬂect the full potential of technology to
improve our performance?
• Is our portfolio of technology investments aligned with
opportunities and threats?
•How will IT improve our operational and strategic agility?
•Do we have the capabilities required to deliver value from IT?
We can’t do this—
We’re in ﬁnance!�