1. Sanctuary of God God Company Sri Lanka [email_address] http://www.slideshare.net/Thornmd/presentations
2. As a practicing Christian have you sometimes felt that life is unfair? When we see people who Sin before our very eyes, who do wicked deeds unto others… people who carry out all types of Tyranny and Villainy… people living Godless lives… … and we see these absolutely Godless people seeming to do so well in life... ! Life is unfair…?!
3. I’m sure that sometime or the other in our lives most of us may have had such thoughts traverse through our minds. “ Yes… the Prosperity of the wicked” CAN BE QUITE FRUSTRATING!
4. 2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. 3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked . The Prosperity of the wicked….! Psalm 73 Thankfully we can observe that, not only us but even the Psalmist also had such thoughts traverse through his mind…
5. “ For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked” … Psalm 73 : 3 The Psalmist too was frustrated and he says that it caused him nearly loose his foot hold on his walk with God
6. … thereafter the Psalmist goes in to a long description of what he has observed which seems to be a paradox of injustice… 4 They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. 5 They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills. 6 Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence. Psalm 73 …
7. Psalm 73 cont… 7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity; their evil imaginations have no limits. 8 They scoff, and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression. 9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth.
8. In our Day to day life we directly or indirectly come across Sin and Evil on an ever increasing basis. We also observe the prosperity of the wicked and if we are not careful, it can begin to make dents in our Faith. It can happen to anybody. We all have our human fallibilities. When we see “the prosperity of the wicked” we ask our selves… HOWCOME ?
9. Psalm 73 Cont… 16 When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply 17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. THE UNDERSTANDING… Further down in Psalm 73 we see how the writer comes to terms with this seemingly unfair situation .
10. The Sanctuary of God; We see that he was able to come to terms with the turmoil and frustration that was going on in his head only when he ENTERED THE SANCTUARY OF GOD.
11. Heaven can also be referred as a Sanctuary of God. But here the Psalmist is referring to Gods sanctuary here on Earth. A sanctuary, in its original meaning, is a sacred place. A place of safety. Therefore Sanctuary of God refers to a sacred place of safety, refuge or asylum. When we live a God fearing life we reach a different mindset that enables us to see the futility and repercussions of Godless behaviour. The Sanctuary of God the Psalmist refers is the mental transformation that we reach when we live a God fearing life.
12. The Good news is that we as Christians have been given this wonderful opportunity by Jesus to access Gods Sanctuary and to Live a God fearing life with love for one another… As Christians we are required to live by example and be a beacon of light in this dark world… The Sanctuary of God Matthew 5 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven
13. By accepting Jesus as your Savior and by developing an intimate relationship with Him - we are able to come in to Gods Sanctuary… right here on Earth – a new mindset …a new beginning of a new you! A new you that wants to diligently live in keeping with His teachings and hence will abhor evil and embrace Godliness instead… Jesus gave us the possibility of ceasing to walk in the dark alleyways of Sin and begin to walk in Gods path - that is filled with light - towards our eternal salvation.
14. A new beginning…a New you Most of us remember the day we Came to Christ…The day that we accepted Jesus as our Savior. Use that day as day one…Look back and make an assessment. Our Christian Life should have progressed each day towards being a better Christian. By reading, understanding and practicing what Jesus has told us, and with His help, we can achieve the discipline and mindset for living a Righteous life. The day you accepted Jesus
15. As Christians our priority is to live a life pleasing to God Therefore prosperity of the wicked will not be a lure or attraction because we have chosen to live in the Light…be a light on to others and draw others to our God by making our Christian lives an example. Psalm 73 Cont… 16 When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply 17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. Evil ways of the wicked and their prosperity should not matter or have any effect on the true Christian mindset.
16. 9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many grief. 1 Timothy 6 In Paul's letter to Timothy we can observe some advice that he gave Timothy When we walk closely with Jesus we come to the realization that Godless behavior and Evil deeds will lead to our destruction
17. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. 2 Thessalonians 1 We have solace in this passage…
18. Thank you God Company Sri Lanka Email: [email_address] Web : slideshare.net/thornmd/presentations