1964 A new operating system is developed. Now customers can dial phone numbers directly from their cars.Talk time: 35 minutesRecharge Time: 10 hoursmade of plastic. Our research showed us that plastic has benn the standard material for cell phones since the first and no other materials were used to make up the majority of cell phones. Some are made of various metals. Scientist working on eco friendly liquid metal phones.This new service is known as (IMTS) Improved mobile telephone service.
(The definition of a Smartphone is a cellular telephone with built-in applications and Internet access.) made was by IBM and BellSouth. It was named the Simon Personal Communicator.sent by employees of Logica CMG.
We predict future phones to be smaller and more focused on advanced software. The pattern in the evolution of design also makes us think that cell phone producers will continue to try to make phones look more sleek, slender, and strive to give their the “new” modern look.
1. Evolution and product life cycle of the Cellular Phone!!!!<br />By: AakashBalaji, Matthew Millington, and James Dunn <br />Period: 3<br />
2. What is a cell phone?<br />A portable telephone operated by cellular radio. In full its name is cellular telephone.<br />
3. Introduction/Humble beginnings of the cell phone.<br />1906 - Reginald Fessenden successfully completed an 11-mile wireless telephone call from his laboratory in Brant Rock, Massachusetts.<br />1956 The first real car phones come the U.S. and require a personal radio operator to switch the calls.<br />1969 The self-dialing capability becomes standard in the United States. <br />1973 Dr. Martin Cooper invents the first personal handset while working for Motorola. His is credited with being the first person to make a call on a portable mobile-phone.<br />
4. Growth of the cell phone<br />1989 Motorola announces the MicroTAC personal cellular phone, which uses a flip-lid mouthpiece.<br />June 1992 World’s first commercial text message<br />1994 – The first smart phone was released<br />1999 The first BlackBerry was launched. <br />
5. Maturity of the cell phone<br />2000 Camera phones introduced in Japanese market. Philippe Kahn is credited with this invention.<br />2002 - FCC awards 90 MHz of additional spectrum for advanced wireless services.<br />June 29, 2007 - Apple released the iPhone. The iPhone is one of the most advanced touch screen Smartphones of our generation.<br />
6. Cell Phones TODAY!<br />September, 14 2010 – Cell phones are a part of every day life for billions of people around the world and most people in this room have one! <br />
7. Evolution of Design<br />Iphone!!!!!!!!<br />Black Berry <br />Curve<br />
8. Effects on Society and Environment<br />Since the release of the cell phone, almost every business industry in the world has benefitted from the communication portability it provides.<br />The cell phone has also become part of many countries’ cultures. Billions of people ranging from children to senior citizens today possess this product and it affects their lives daily.<br />It gave mankind a way of passing information from places they thought impossible.<br />
10. Works Cited<br />Shannon, V. (2007, December 5). 15 years of text messages, a 'cultural phenomenon'. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/05/technology/05iht-sms.4.8603150.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1<br /> Unknown. (1981). Smartphone. Pcmag. Retrieved (2010, September 9) from http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=Smartphone&i=51537,00.asp<br />Unknown. (1994). Explore motorola heritage. Retrieved from http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Business/Corporate/US-EN/history/feature-cell-phone-development.html?globalObjectId=7662-10813#top <br />Barnes, D. (2009). Cellular cardboard: evolution of mobile phone technology. Retrieved from http://gajitz.com/cellular-cardboard-evolution-of-mobile-phone-technology <br />Unknown. (2010, May 22). The Evolution of cell phone design between 1983-2009. Retrieved from http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/the-evolution-of-cell-phone-design-between-1983-2009/ <br />