THESSALONIKI city break destination by SEASONS travel
• Description of Thessaloniki
• Half day Thessaloniki city tour (approximately 3 hours)
• Half day byzantine Thessaloniki tour (approximately 3-4hours)
• Half day Jewish Thessaloniki tour (approximately 3-4hours)
• Half day tour of Vergina (approximately 4 hours)
• Half day tour of Pella (approximately 4 hours)
• Full day tour Vergina Pella-Edessa (approximately 8 hours)
• Half day tour of Vergina (approximately 4 hours)
• Full Day tour of Mt Athos (approx. 8 hours)
• Half day tour of Arnea & Poligiros (approximately 6 hours)
• Full day Filippi-Kavala (360 km approximately 8 hours)
• Full day Dion –Litochoro & Mt Olympos (200km /approx. 7 hours)
• Full day Kalambaka-Meteora (480 km /approximately 8 hours)
• Full day Kastoria-Dispilio(approximately 8-9 hours)
• Full day Nimfeo-Prespes (approximately 8 hours)
• Half day tour Aristoteles School –Naussa (approximately 6 hours)
• Full day Dodoni-Ioannina –Lake –island s tour (approximately 10-11hours)
• Full day Philippi-Kavala tour –Xanthi (approximately 8hours)
EUROPEAN CULTURAL CAPITAL 1997- EUROPEAN YOUTH CAPITAL 2014-CAPITAL
OF FUTURE 2014
•A city of diverse beauty and hospitable people. Thessaloniki has always been
a crossroad of civilizations, a place where the East and West meets, where
great cultures and religions have been mixed.
•Gastronomy, events, world-class heritage sites, shopping are some of the
things that visitors can indulge in.
•Not to mention the distinctive student vibe that is an integral part of its charm
as the city hosts country’s largest university campus, the Aristotle University of
•The compact size of the city and the walking distance proximity of the top-
attractions make Thessaloniki an ideal city-break destination.
Half day Thessaloniki city tour (approx. 3 hours)Half day Thessaloniki city tour (approx. 3 hours)
• We will have the opportunity to see the White Tower the main
landmark of the city, the Helexpo fairgrounds, the University
Campus, the Galerius Arch, the Rotunda monument, the Citadel
and the City Walls, from where you will have a marvelous view of
Thessaloniki! During your tour, there will be a short stop at Agios
Demetrius Byzantine church and its crypt, and you will also have
the opportunity to visit the Archaeological Museum.
Half day byzantine Thessaloniki tour (approx. 3-4hrs)Half day byzantine Thessaloniki tour (approx. 3-4hrs)
• Begin with White Tower the symbol of Thessaloniki ,the museum
of Byzantine culture and the church of St. Sophia of 8 th
century a.d. Continue with a panoramic tour to the western
part o the city where we will visit the Church of the 12 Apostles
from the 14th century a.d. then we will visit the Citadel (upper
city ) the City Walls and we can admire the panoramic view
of Thessaloniki visit
Half day Jewish Thessaloniki tour (approx. 3-4hours)Half day Jewish Thessaloniki tour (approx. 3-4hours)
• Visit the Yad Lezikaron Synagogue – the Jewish museum- the
market Modiano –The Sloah monument –the Hebraic villas
• A panoramic tour of the villas-the extraordinary mansions of the
Jewish community includes the villa Allatini, the casa Bianca, the
mordoh mansion and many others.
• Information's about the “mother of Israel’’ as Thessaloniki was
called for centuries and visit the ‘’Holocaust Monument’’ in Liberty
Square, the Jewish Museum, the Yahudi Hamam the flower
market Modiano market and the Yad Lezikaron synagogue.
Half day tour of Vergina (approximately 4 hoursHalf day tour of Vergina (approximately 4 hours))
• Visit to the town of VERGINA became internationally famous in
1977, when the Greek archaeologist Manolis Andronikos
unearthed the burial site of the kings of Macedon, including the
tomb of Philip II, father of Alexander the Great.
• the golden objects and unusual artifacts that were buried within
them are equally impressive. Among these finds, in excellent
condition and displayed in dramatic dimmed light, are delicate
ivory reliefs; elegantly wrought gold laurel wreaths; and Philip's
crown, armor, and shield. Especially interesting are those items that
seem most certainly Philip's: a pair of greaves (shin guards), one
shorter than the other—Philip was known to have a limp
Half day tour of Pella (approximately 4 hours)Half day tour of Pella (approximately 4 hours)
• Visit the second capital of Macedonia can boast the most
recent museum of Greece with great mosaics and objects of
everyday life. The history of Macedonia unravels in front of our
eyes in the museum and the archaeological site of Pella the
birthplace of Alexander the Great.
Full day tour Vergina Pella-Edessa (approx. 8 hrsFull day tour Vergina Pella-Edessa (approx. 8 hrs))
• The first and the second capital of Macedonia Vergina and Pella
give to the visitors the whole history of Macedonia with the
spectacular findings of the royal graves in the outstanding museum
of Vergina and the brand new museum of Pella. The
archaeological sites are 2 of the most interesting in Greece and
the full day trip will continue to Edessa with the famous waterfalls
and Varosi the old traditional part of the town will steal your heart.
Full Day tour of Mt Athos (approx. 8 hrs)Full Day tour of Mt Athos (approx. 8 hrs)
• After a 2 hours bus transfer arrive in Ouranupolis from where
the boat-ship will take us around the western part of the
peninsula. A trip that you will never forget.
• The 20 monasteries of the 3d peninsula of Halkidiki where only
men can live is one of the unspoiled parts of Europe and the
visitors have the feeling that time stopped at the 10th century.
• The monastic society of the “garden of Virgin Mary” is a truly
great botanical garden but the architecture and the history
of each monastery is a great historical chapter.
H/ day tour of Arnea &Aristotle park (approx. 6 hrsH/ day tour of Arnea &Aristotle park (approx. 6 hrs))
• Arnaia is recognized as one of the most beautiful mountainous
villages in Macedonia, built in a privileged position, with plenty
of running water and surrounded by lush forests. It still
preserves its traditional architectural style.
• The Aristotle Park, a unique theme park of Halkidiki, is located
at an altitude of about 500 meters, in the historical village of
Stagira, It is worth visiting for its interesting instruments and the
great view to the gulf of Ierissos. The park preexisted and the
wonderful location was chosen in 1956 to host the statue of
Aristotle, made by sculptor Nicholas, in honor of the great
philosopher who was born in Ancient Stagira.
Full day Filippi-Kavala (360 km approx. 8 hourFull day Filippi-Kavala (360 km approx. 8 hours)s)
We depart for Kavala, following the Egnatia highway, built on the
path of the Roman ‘Via Egnatia’. Passing by the two lakes and the
village of Asprovalta, we will optionally visit the famous statue of
Amphipolis, to visit the Lion statue.
Further you may see the place where St. Lydia was baptized, as well
as the archaeological site of Philippi, i.e. the ‘Forum Romanum’, ruins
of the two early Christian Basilicas (the prison where St. Paul was held
and preached in 50 AD), as well as the ancient Greek theatre.
Later, we arrive in Kavala,. A short tour around the town follows,
where you may see the city of Kavala and the port.
Full day Dion –Litochoro & Mt OlympusFull day Dion –Litochoro & Mt Olympus
(200km /approx. 7 hrs)(200km /approx. 7 hrs)
This tour will take you to the footsteps of Mt. Olympus; also known as
the “home of Gods”. We will first visit Dion, the religious center of the
Macedonians, where the mythical Gods were worshipped. Later on,
we will arrive in the village of Litochoro, where we will take a mild
guided walk. A chance to breathe the fresh mountain air, admire the
natural beauty, whilst walking through unspoiled forest of the Ainipeas
Valley. Returning to Litochoro, we will have the time to enjoy our
coffee and visit the picturesque village with the panoramic view.
Full day Kalambaka-Meteora (480 km /approx. 8 hrFull day Kalambaka-Meteora (480 km /approx. 8 hrs)s)
• More than 2 hours distance from Thessaloniki the town of
Kalambaka is built at the feet of Meteora, a chain of
awesome rocks, on top of which 24 monasteries, the oldest
one dating from 1150A.D, have been built.
• Only 6 of the monasteries are still inhabited, and each one is a
remarkable monument of Byzantine architecture, housing rare
manuscripts and items used in the Orthodox services. A truly
unique landscape, which should be visited at least once in a
Full day Kastoria-Dispilio (approx. 8-9 hours)Full day Kastoria-Dispilio (approx. 8-9 hours)
Arrival in the city of Kastoria, through Egnatia Highway which lies
in the western part of Macedonia on the lake of Kastoria a
traditional city known for the production of fur coats. .Our first
stop is in Dispilio, an ancient lake settlement.
We will visit the Byzantine Museum and have the time to walk in
the old town to make a tour in the lake or visit the ‘’cave of the
Full day Nimfeo-Prespes (approximately 8 hours)Full day Nimfeo-Prespes (approximately 8 hours)
• Prespes consists 850m above sea level. It is an area of rare natural
beauty with eleven small, picturesque villages. Prespa has many
plants unique to Greece, such as the Prespa Centaury, as well as
ancient juniper forests. Prespa is known for its great natural beauty
and extraordinary biodiversity. Agios Germanos, the largest village
in Prespa is one of the most beautiful in the area and with well-
preserved local architecture, has been declared a traditional
village ,walking by the bridge arriving to the island of Lake Prespa,
Half day tour Aristotle's School –Naoussa (approx.6 hrHalf day tour Aristotle's School –Naoussa (approx.6 hrs)s)
• We will visit the ruins of Aristotle's School, the place where the
greatest philosopher of the antiquity taught the greatness of
classical Greek thought and the ideals of the Platonic philosophy
to the King's of Macedonia, Phillip II, son, Alexander and the
other nobles of the Macedonian court.
Then we will visit the Contemporary Naussa, a modern city
with a population reaching 23,000 residents.
• The thicket of Agios Nikolaos is a Pan-Hellenic tourist center of
recreation which is located about 3 kilometers south-west of the
heroic town of Naoussa. An earthly paradise a breath of life
against the ecological diminution.
Full day Dodoni-Ioannina –Lake –island’ s tourFull day Dodoni-Ioannina –Lake –island’ s tour
(approx. 10-11hrs)(approx. 10-11hrs)
• The capital of Epirus Ioannina has a great archaeological
museum related with the famous archaeological site of
Dodoni with the oldest oracle of Greece and a spectacular
theatre. The town of Ioannina is famous also for the beautiful
lake of Pamvotida with the little island for the old traditional
market of silverware famous in the area & for the famous
monasteries like Monastery Philanthropinon.
Full day Philippi-Kavala –Xanthi (approx. 8hrs)Full day Philippi-Kavala –Xanthi (approx. 8hrs)
• Visit the the ruins of ancient Philippi that was a city in eastern
Macedonia, established by Philip II in 356 BC and abandoned
in the 14th century after the Ottoman conquest.
• Kavala is a city in northern Greece, the principal seaport of
eastern Macedonia on a Bay.
• "Xanthi “the city has rich history also considered a multi-
cultural city and it has been characterized as the city of the
thousand colours". Xanthi's carnival is very popular (every
February) and is one of the most popular carnivals in Greece,