Is your family one of the 2% that will be
successful for generations?
What are you doing to
Studies show that the vast
majority of those who do
think they are prepared
have focused on the
In fact, wealth is lost because
the family is not prepared
and is not working together.
The common belief is that the
causes for this loss of wealth
are such things as estate
taxes, bad investment
performance, and poor
Family Office Exchange study
Williams and Pressier (2003)
As it turns out …
The stress that results from
botched transitions often
fractures families, frequently
ruins lives and radically
depletes even large fortunes.
That is where we can help…
We partner with families to unleash
their capacity to deal with what is
coming their way so that it doesn’t
ruin lives, families and fortunes.
Assess Design Gather Act
Assess We assess your family on several key scales including its stage
of family development and its core competencies. This results
in the creation of a Family Roadmap.sm
Design We work with you to co-design a family meeting or retreat
that will achieve specific and realistic outcomes.
Deliver We facilitate the family gathering to foster tangible outcomes
and a greater capacity to work together in the future.
Act We coach family members to implement the action plans
arising from the family gathering.
How we work…
Typical Issues Our Clients Face
With uncommon wisdom, we address a host of issues. Some of these include:
• Facilitating generative family meetings and retreats
• Creating agreement around business succession and exit strategies
• Resolving family differences and conflicts
• Evaluating family and individual competencies
• Deepening family communication
• Developing common values, mission and purpose positions
• Creating and implementing workable governance systems
• Finding balance between independence and interdependence
• Dealing with fiancés, spouses, ex-spouses and extended family
• Balancing rights and responsibilities and issues of entitlement
• Philanthropic design and integration into family dynamics
• Addressing issues of control, revenue and equity in the family business
• Designing progressive education and mentoring of heirs
• Managing through generational transitions
• Creating alignment and coordination in larger families
• Addressing the special concerns of multi-generational families
Who we are:
We are skilled at creating close partnerships with families
based on relationships of trust and authenticity. We take
a multidisciplinary approach that helps families create
shared purpose and vision, opens communication, and
aligns action that supports the development of human,
cultural, social and financial capital of all family
Matthew Wesley, J.D., M.Div.
Matt graduated from Stanford Law School and was
estate planning attorney working with successful
families for over 15 years. He left active practice to help
families do what estate documents alone could not -
ensure successful intergenerational wealth transfer.
Matt also holds a Masters of Divinity degree. He has
extensive consulting experience and a deep background
in psychology, personal development and family
systems, as well as organizational communication and
Marcia Wesley, Psy.D.
Marcia is a licensed psychologist with over 20 years of
counseling experience counseling individuals, couples
and families. She brings an integrated approach to
working with clients.
17911 218th Ave NE
Woodinville, WA 98077