1. Introducing the next generation of water technology…an easy way to get healthy. changing water changing lives
2. <ul><li>What is an Ion? </li></ul>i-on [ahy-uhn, ahy-on] –noun Physics, Chemistry. 1. An atom or a group of atoms that has acquired an electric charge by gaining or losing one or more electrons. <ul><li>Ionization is a form of water technology that electrically activates or charges the ions in water through a process called electrolysis. </li></ul><ul><li>Electrolysis in a water ionizer alters water in two primary ways: </li></ul><ul><li>Raises and lowers the pH </li></ul><ul><li>Alters the electrical property </li></ul><ul><li>This alteration creates “ functional water ” </li></ul>IonWays Alkaline Water Ionizers The next generation:
3. Low pH uses of “Functional” Water EPA approved antimicrobial or sterilizing agent
4. High pH = surfactant and detergent properties Acts as a strong surfactant and detergent High pH uses of “Functional” Water
5. High pH uses of “Functional” Water Acts as a strong surfactant and detergent
6. Medium low pH use of “Functional ” Water Acts as a very effective Astringent
7. Medium high pH use of “Functional ” Water Agriculture, food and beverage processing, livestock etc…and of course drinking water
8. • “ Nearly 1 in 2 Americans (133 million) has a chronic condition” - Chronic Care in America: a 21 st Century Challenge, Johns Hopkins University • “ New Type 2 Diabetes Cases Have Doubled in 30 Years” - Dr. R. Rizza, President of the American Diabetes Assn, Prof. Mayo Clinic • “ One in three U.S. adults has, or will have, high blood pressure; up 30% over the past decade” - NewsTarget Sunday, 12/5/04 by Mike Adams A look at our collective Health in the US…. • “ Currently, more than 64% of US adults are either over- weight or obese - a 36% increase from 1980” - 1999-2000 National Health and Nutrition Exam Survey (NHANES).
9. A look at our collective Health in the US…. • “ Nearly 46 million people in the US have some form of arthritis or chronic joint symptoms” - CDC 2003-2005 National Health Interview Survey • “ 60 - 70 million annual cases of Digestive Diseases in USA” National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat. 1999;10(200). • “ The prevalence of asthma increased 75% from 1980-1994. ” -Centers for Disease Control. Surveillance for Asthma - US, 1960-95, MMWR. 1998
10. What does our “ Health Care ” cost us? What does lack of health cost each of us? • “ Per person health care spending is projected to double by 2010.” -The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) 2004 • “ 78% of health care dollars are spent on people with chronic conditions” - Public Health Reports, 05/06/04 Vol.119 Gerard Anderson, PhD
11. <ul><li>Our natural buffers acidic states, but its ability to balance pH has been overwhelmed. </li></ul>The importance of the acid/alkaline balance <ul><li>Our body is slightly Alkaline by design. The most important fluid – blood - is slightly alkaline at pH7.36 </li></ul><ul><li>More and more practitioners and researchers now believe that chronic degenerative disease flourishes in an acidic environment. </li></ul>
12. Her research showed the sheer volume of acid waste our body has to handle has forced it to take drastic ‘war’ style action to preserve its strategic buffering reserves in the kidney and liver - our major essential detoxifying organs. “ We have turned an evolutionary corner. We simply do not handle acid waste the way we used to.” - Dr. Lynda Frassetto, Researcher, University of California, Berkeley Can our bodies still handle this balance?
13. Dr. Robert O. Young’s theory on the 7- stages the body goes through in becoming over-acidic 1) Sensitivity 2) Irritation 3) Secretion 4) Inflamation 6) Ulceration 5) Indolation (body protects itself by turning acidic waste into solids) 7) Degeneration The process of over acidification
14. “ The cells and fluids in most people’s bodies…are overly acidic. This can cause a lot of health problems. It prevents your body from neutralizing and disposing of harmful, poisonous toxins and leaves you more susceptible to the cell-damaging free radical oxidation that leads to cancer and other diseases.” - Dr. Robert Atkins, author of “The Atkins Diet” How important is the acid / alkaline balance? “ There is only one cause of all sickness and disease, the over-acidification of the tissue” - Dr. Robert O. Young, author of “The pH Miracle” series
15. Research has shown these waters to have common characteristics: <ul><li>They are high alkalinity (pH) and beneficial minerals </li></ul><ul><li>They carry a strong negative electrical charge </li></ul>An IonWays ionizer recreates these characteristics in the water that comes right from your tap . The worlds’s healthiest water – nature’s answer “ Hunza Water”, Lourdes, Trinity Water
16. “ International studies show that populations with little or no history of illness, such as cancer, drink higher (pH) alkaline waters. After all potential risk factors were considered and factored out, it became evident that they had been drinking waters with a pH of 9.0 to 10.0.” - Dr. L. Horowitz, author of “Aids and Ebola” How effective is this type of water?
17. How alkaline or acidic are the beverages you drink?
18. <ul><li>“ Buffers” neutralize acids </li></ul><ul><li>The body’s buffering system </li></ul><ul><li>Lifestyle choices overwhelm the body’s system </li></ul><ul><li>The buffer “deficit” </li></ul>If over acidification is bad, then how does our body take care of this problem? <ul><li>The buffering effect </li></ul>
19. Antioxidants and Free Radicals <ul><li>Free Radical = an O 2 (oxygen) with a missing electron </li></ul>“ Scientists now believe that free radicals are causal factors in nearly every known disease and aging ” - Dr. Lester Packer, University of California <ul><li>Oxidation, in our body weakens our tissues </li></ul><ul><li>Free Radicals cause oxidation or “rust” deteriorating the surface they attack </li></ul>
20. Antioxidants &quot;It is virtually impossible to get the optimal amount of antioxidants through food alone.&quot; - Dr. Lester Packer, UC Berkeley <ul><li>Antioxidant potential can be measured (in millivolts or mv ) </li></ul><ul><li>Antioxidant = something that reduces oxidation (by donating the missing electron) </li></ul>Negative (-) reading: reduces oxidation Positive (+) reading: causes oxidation <ul><li>Highly ionized water has more antioxidants than a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice </li></ul>
21. Brain 80-85% Kidneys 83-88% Muscles 73-78% Blood 90-93% Bones 13-22% How important is hydration to our health?
22. The Effects of Dehydration Mild Chronic Dehydration Headache Low Energy Low Mental Acuity Low Back Pain Digestive Disorders Constipation Weight Issues Acute Chronic Dehydration Asthma Allergies Arthritis Type II Diabetes Hypertension Obesity The effects of chronic dehydration are like running a car on too little oil – it will run, but not very well….
23. <ul><li>Dehydration </li></ul><ul><li>Toxicity </li></ul><ul><li>Acidosis and the seven stages </li></ul>1)Sensitivity 2) irritation 3)secretion 4) inflamation 5)indolation 6) ulceration 7)degeneration How Dehydration and acidosis work together 70-80% of America is dehydrated
24. “ You are not sick, you are thirsty” - F. Batmanghelidj, MD Every cell has a specific function it performs through Metabolism <ul><li>The “digestion disorder” example </li></ul><ul><li>When dehydrated, the body prioritizes the use of water to vital organs </li></ul><ul><li>The cell’s function is impaired </li></ul><ul><li>1% drop in cellular hydration = net 10% loss of metabolic efficiency </li></ul><ul><li>Water is the medium of metabolism </li></ul>Info from Your Body’s Many Cries For Water F. Batmanghelidj, MD
25. Micro-clustering and Hydration Typical water 11-16 molecules per cluster After ionization 5-8 molecules per cluster The microlclustering effect and the (-) charge make ionized water up to 6x more hydrating than other waters
26. … but what is the quality of your tap water and how does that effect your health? Tap Water: it’s a modern convenience…
27. The Perceived value of “Healthy Water” <ul><li>The 9-stage Biostone Filter System leaves your water 99.9% contaminant free – giving you clean and healthy water </li></ul><ul><li>Chlorination, fluoride and other contaminants </li></ul><ul><li>Hard to absorb </li></ul><ul><li>Large cluster size and (+) electrical charge </li></ul><ul><li>Very acidic </li></ul><ul><li>The healthy natural minerals are removed </li></ul><ul><li>Pure water is man-made </li></ul><ul><li>If contaminants are bad wouldn’t “pure” water be good then? </li></ul>
28. <ul><li>Asian cultures tend to be more holistic and proactive in their approach to health. </li></ul><ul><li>Alkaline Ionizers have been in Asia for approx 30 years. </li></ul>Ionization in Asia The World Health Organization rankings: Japan US Per capita spending 9 1 Longevity: 1 24 Healthcare systems: 10 37
29. The Emco Tech Advantage Athena Delphi
30. Technological Advancements and Features: State-of-the-art Mesh Diode Electrode Technology State-of-the-art Patented New Cleaning Technology Unrivaled Functionality: ATHENA Flow Control 3 methods of install Dual Filtration DELPHI Undersink ionizing unit Dual spouted, fully remote faucet
31. Emco Tech Korea Production Facility Cutting edge and state of the art manufacturing <ul><li>ISO 9001 / 14001 certified </li></ul><ul><li>Six PhD level scientists on staff </li></ul><ul><li>(Production Oversight/limited R&D) </li></ul><ul><li>Automated Production Lines: </li></ul><ul><li>Finished Product Fabrication </li></ul><ul><li>Component Fabrication </li></ul><ul><li>Filter Production </li></ul><ul><li>Electrolytic Cell Production </li></ul><ul><li>Product Test Line </li></ul>
32. Emco Tech Japanese R&D/Manufacturing Making Ceaseless Efforts in Research and Development <ul><li>Twenty PhD level scientists on staff (Full R&D/Production Oversight). </li></ul><ul><li>ISO 9001/14001 certified. </li></ul><ul><li>Our Research and Development office in Japan employs the most competent people to produce our cutting edge high technology electrolysis products. </li></ul><ul><li>Researchers carry out a variety of different research resulting in publication in different academic disciplines. </li></ul>
33. Emco Tech <ul><li>The world’s largest manufacturer of ionization technology with worldwide sales over 50,000 units per month </li></ul><ul><li>Leads the industry in R&D with over 30 design registrations and patents </li></ul><ul><li>Has been in the ionization industry for over 25 years </li></ul>
34. <ul><li>Up to six times more hydrating than purified waters </li></ul><ul><li>A powerful antioxidant </li></ul><ul><li>Higher in dissolved oxygen </li></ul><ul><li>Rich in beneficial alkalizing minerals - helps balance the acid / alkaline levels in your body </li></ul><ul><li>Helps detox and rid the body of acidic waste </li></ul>Summary: water from an IonWays water ionizer:
35. <ul><li>Three financing options available </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Lease plan </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Revolving credit plan </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Term loans </li></ul></ul>It’s easy to own an IonWays Ionizer! <ul><li>Financing available on Athena and Delphi models only </li></ul>
36. The End To order your IonWays Athena now, talk to the person who invited you. Thank you very much for attending!! changing water changing lives