Candidate # 0643
9014 Memorial Hills Drive * Spring, Texas 77379
Home: (281) 655-2966 * Cell: (281) 851-1754
Global Strategic Procurement/Global Strategic Sourcing
Driving Growth & Profits in Global Industrial Manufacturing Environment
20 Years Product Development & Enhancement / Start-Up & Turnaround Leadership
Market & New-Business Development / P&L Responsibility
CORE EXPERTISE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Developed multi-country consortium agreements for the procurement of steel and stainless steels
(700 million dollar buy) at an annualized savings of 20%. Similarly for several types of aluminum, brass and
bronze (in a range from 10 to 25% annually) for two Fortune 500 companies. (Siemens AG and Crane
• Developed and implemented strategy for High Nickel Alloy and also clad welding strategies for Fortune
500 Company (FMC Technologies).
• Saved $50 million and reduced material costs by 38% (13% over goal) as project co-director on fuel
injector procurement project (Siemens Automotive)
• Reduced delivery time by 50% and saved 45 million dollars through early supplier involvement on fuel
delivery system as procurement project lead. (Siemens Automotive)
• Led purchase sourcing teams in South and Central America, various European countries and Asia. Led
international negotiations teams for the development of supply and JV contracts.
• Certified Six Sigma Greenbelt, Certified 8D and 5Y Problem Solving. Trained in GD&T, Quality Audits
and Supplier Capability/Financial Audits. Technical training in casting, forging, stamping, metals
manufacturing, MIM, PM/SM, technical ceramics, and screw machine technologies.
• Developed Metals Predictive Tools, for Nickel, Copper, Steel, Bronze and Iron (Crane Valve and FMC
• Delivered new vehicle (class 8 truck) to production on time and to budget (1.5 billion dollars) as
procurement project manager with budgetary responsibility. Managed 16 FTE and 10 indirect/PT.
• Exceeded 20 million dollars in first year savings with one company and 15 million dollars in a second
company after co-leading/leading Process Improvement teams (Parker Hannifin and International Truck).
• Implemented Procurement Process for Parker Hannifin (internationally) that has saved Parker Hannifin
over 100 Million dollars (15% of spend).
• Implemented 3 e-Procurement operations at an average savings of 70 million dollars annually.
(International Truck, AEI Energy and Stewart and Stevenson)
• Negotiated complex international agreements for the purchase of a wide range of goods and services
including NAFTA and Mercosul compliant clauses and logistics requirements. (Hilemn Group, Volvo Truck,
Siemens AG, Siemens Automotive, International Truck, Parker Hannifin, Stewart and Stevenson, Crane
Valve, FMC Technologies.)
• Assisted in the implementation of: JDEdwards, SAP R3, SAP SRM, BaaN and PeopleSoft-BuySite.
• Developed, wrote, implemented, and audited compliance of QS/ISO9000 Policies, SOX policies and
procedures and general Procedures and Instructions. Led value stream mapping projects and process flow
mapping exercises (many companies)
• Subsea Systems (Artificial Lift, Separation Systems, Manifolds, Trees) knowledge base. Familiar
with sub-sea equipment used by Shell, BP, Chevron and others.
Headworks – Supply Chain Consulting – Project Director Sept. ’08 to Present
[ARF Logistics Consulting]
T-Rex Subsea – Supply Chain Consulting – Project Director June ’08 to Present
[ARF Logistics Consulting/SCR Services]
FMC Technologies– Supply Chain Consulting – Work Package Lead (Under Contract) Jan ‘06 to May ‘08
[ARF Logistics Consulting/Advantium Solutions]
Crane Valves NA – Supply Chain Consulting Mar ’04 to Dec. ‘05
[ARF Logistics Consulting – Consultant]
Worked in the US with clients on Supply Chain projects including strategic resource planning, procedural
audits, cost reduction, supplier reduction and alignment, international negotiations. Corporate culture
change consulting. Audited Potential Suppliers in Mexico, Canada and the US and evaluated potential
suppliers from India, Taiwan, China, Brazil and South Africa. Worked independently and in Project Team
environments per client requirements. Performed audits, developed documentation and implemented it.
• Defined comprehensive sourcing strategy, including strategic international sourcing
alternatives (Crane, FMC and T-Rex Subsea).
• Worked on Artificial Lift systems, Caisson Separator, Manifolds, Trees and other Subsea
Systems from a Procurement perspective and then as Work Package Lead for the ALS systems
team coordinating manufacturing, supply chain and engineering. (FMC – Shell Perdido )
• Worked on BP Thunderhorse procurement as well as Shell Perdido and BC 10, Murphy Azurite
• Developed, wrote and implemented Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions (ISO and SOX compliant)
(Crane, FMC, and T-Rex Subsea, Headworks)
• Designed and implemented Financial Controls over materials surcharges, including clauses for
both sales and procurement contracts for (Crane)
• Developed predictive tools for various commodities for use in strategic planning and resource management
(Crane and FMC).
• Defined and recommended project definition for the documentation of strategic resource management,
implemented same (Crane)
• Identified savings areas of as much as 30% and recommended implementation strategies, implementing
many as deemed suitable (Crane, FMC Technologies, Headworks).
• Developed Product Sourcing (NA) project plan (3.5 million dollar value), implemented same (FMC).
• Maintained close working relationship with client staff and management. Provided some training and
oversight (Crane and FMC).
• Conducted numerous capability audits of suppliers including HSE, Quality and Capacity. Mentored
junior members of the team the necessary skills to perform audits (Crane and FMC).
• Implemented Early Supplier Involvement processes at several client locations (FMC).
• Purchased various valves from 60” Gate valves to small ball and pin valves and components for an artificial
Lift system for Shell Perdido. (FMC Technologies)
• Developed and implemented strategic supply chain methodology for finding and developing welding
• Identified Potential customers and QSL requirements. Developed and implemented tracking chart. (T-Rex
• Developed Part Numbering system and Engineering documentation, including ISO compliant policies and
procedures. (T-Rex Subsea, Headworks)
DFA Associates – Cross Cultural Consultant – Project Director Southeastern Region US Jan. ’04 to Present
• Culture Change Consultant, Cross Cultural Training, Expatriate Training, Group and Global Culture Training
Parker Hannifin – Supply Chain Consultant – Managing Project Director – Global Scope Aug. ‘02 to Mar. ‘04
[SMI - Supply Chain/ Procurement Consultant- Managing Project Director (Under Contract)]
Worked in US, Mexico and Europe to implement the Synchronous Management’s Network Procurement
Process (NP) with large multinational client corporations. (Parker Hannifin)
• Completed several full-scale projects on-time while exceeding project savings expectations by
15% to 25%.
• Brought together international community and several divisions of multi-billion dollar clients to reduce the
cost by selecting supply chain members with international reach. Supported quality and logistics technology.
• Purchased wide range of direct commodities including services, gases, utilities, laboratory supplies and capital
equipment. Also direct materials in support of production such as raw materials, chemicals and components.
• Purchased wide range of MRO and Non-Traditional services including landscaping, insurance, travel, health
care products, automotive services, tooling, inserts, repair services and janitorial services.
• Reviewed international supply base, recommended low cost sources in both low cost countries and traditional
• Worked with Fittings, Hose, Connectors, Robotic Systems, Pneumatic and Hydraulics as well as
Aerospace Groups internationally.
Johnson Controls – Supply Chain Consultant – Project Coordinator – Close out. July. ’02 to Aug. ‘02
[SMI - Supply Chain/ Procurement Consultant (Under Contract)]
• Developed and reviewed the Close out of a Network Procurement Project including several final negotiations
for HVAC and Gas Compression Controls systems built and developed by the company.
Stewart & Stevenson Services, Houston, TX May ’01 to June ‘02
Supply Chain Systems Manager
Worked in team environment to develop the new strategic e-business strategy for the company. Managed and
mentored 7 people. Developed e-learning strategy and developed course lists for various levels of need for
supply chain organization. Worked with General Manager Supply Chain to develop 5 primary supplier
metrics to be used as initial score card. (Worked with Power Generation, Petroleum Equipment and Army
• Successfully implemented Network Procurement as Project Lead. Led/mentored team to develop IT
documentation and metrics. Led team that successfully reduced the vendor base by 80%.
• Led/mentored team that identified unused resources and managed their return to productive use or
removal from the system at multiple locations and product areas. Identified tax liability and reduced this
• Developed processes to unify purchasing organizations spend and dovetail systems into engineering
processes and manufacturing processes.
• Responsible for IT procurement, systems and software.
• Worked with other procurement teams to realize the Network Procurement System.
• Worked with other procurement professionals to develop negotiations strategies for the Petroleum
Equipment group and the Power Gen groups for both component parts and turn key systems.
EJiva Consulting (I-Gate Group) Pittsburgh, PA Nov. ’00 to Feb. ‘01
(Principal Consultant – Functional (Procurement – under contract))
Project Lead Functional Area of Procurement – Brought in as liaison to Purchasing Department of major
electrical utility in the Ohio region (AEI). Successfully implemented training system for use by the AEI
purchasing department for use with new Procurement System resources. Established Train the Trainer and
“Super Users” in the new software package.
International Truck and Engine Corp. Westchester, IL July ’98 to Aug. ’00
Senior Corporate Buyer -- Purchasing and Supplier Development Initiative;
Brazil Facility Purchasing Program Manager-- CKD & Components Build/Assembly of units in Brazil for South
Program Purchasing Manager – NGV Program Manager -- New Generation Vehicle Project from prototype to
E-Commerce Program Manager – Web-enabled Enhanced Supplier Relationships and Enterprise Wide Supplier
• Negotiated multi-year contracts with international supply base. Negotiated major contracts for new
operation in Caxias del Sul, Brazil. Worked with quality assurance to ensure compliance to QS9000
standards. Led supplier evaluation team for Brazilian suppliers (6 team members) [for local value add].
• Led Stamping Commodity Team (136Million buy). Implemented Supplier Development Initiative,
including minority sourcing and “buy American”. Supervised/Mentored 4 team members.
• Led complex international JV and Sourcing negotiations for local value add, logistics, components and
systems for use in the build of Class 5-8 heavy trucks in Brazil for Mercasul market.
• Led successful on-time launch of new generation vehicle with reduced cost overruns by 90%
and improved safety and design performance, with P&L responsibility to 1.5 billion dollars. (Co-
Managed team of 26 direct and indirect individuals from supply base to production engineering.)
• Co-led successful launch of COMPASS program to capture cost savings ideas, vendor management
technologies, early supplier involvement systems and data update systems for engineering-customer-
supplier performance enhancement.
Siemens Automotive Corp., Newport News, VA Dec. ’91 to April ’98
Senior Buyer – Strategic Purchasing/Divisional Purchasing;
Commodity Manager Corporate (COE) - NA- Steel (Germany)
New Facility Purchasing Project Manager (Italy)
Deka X Project Purchasing Manager
Negotiated multi-year contracts with international supply base in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain,
France, Eastern European Countries and USA. Wrote QS9000 policies and procedures development and
implementation. Worked with supply base to develop compliance metrics to QS9000 standards. NAFTA
Coordinator - Developed and implemented system for compliance.
• Led team to evaluate low cost resources in Asia (India, China, S. Korea, Taiwan)
• Led team to successfully open and develop sources in Europe for new facility in Italy (Livorno, Italy) to
supply the European market.
• Managed multi-billion dollar buy of steel in all North American divisions of Siemens AG. Developed
consortium purchasing agreements with major suppliers of stainless steels, mild steels and sheet goods,
brass products, aluminum products and other metals. (Center of Expertise – Frankfurt, Germany)
• Co-led successful team, bringing new fuel system to market in 18 months with a unit savings of 40% per
unit and life cycle of +200K miles.
Volvo-GM Heavy Truck, Greensboro, NC March ’88 to Sept. ’91
(Contract Employee - Butler Service Group, Raleigh, NC)
Senior Buyer/Materials Coordinator CKD group - Materials Control serving production plants in Colombia,
Australia, Kenya, Sweden, and Israel. Implemented CKD operations for Volvo-GM NA. Import/Export
documentation control, engineering change coordinator, VIN assignment, compliance to Local Value Add
requirements, Service and spares requirements control.
• Co-led CKD Project Manager – Developed packing, logistics, instructions, engineering changes coordination
and Local Value Add requirements purchases for multiple locations and truck types.
Hilemn Group, Greensboro, NC March ’84 to Jan. ’88
Purchasing Manager, Warehouse Manager, Inventory Manager
Southeastern Paper Company, Greensboro, NC May ’82 to March ’84
Purchasing Agent, Outbound Warehouse Manager
R. E. Creech, Greensboro, NC Jan. ’81 to May ’82
Purchasing Agent, Warehouse Manager
Archaeological Research Foundation May ’79 to Dec. ‘80
M.A. Wayne State University – Detroit, MI 1979
Anthropology – (Business Anthropology and Proximics)
B.A. Northwestern University – Evanston, IL 1976
A.A. Cumberland County Community College – Vineland, NJ 1974
MEMBERSHIPS: ISM, ASME, AQS, SHRM, APICS, UNSPSC, Industry Council
CERTIFICATIONS: Cross Cultural Counseling, Six Sigma Greenbelt, 8D and 5Y problem solving.
Various courses in negotiations, supply chain management, logistics as well as technical courses in laser
welding, steel manufacturing, brass manufacturing, screw machine technologies, casting technologies, forging,
plating, heat treating, plastic injection molding, metal injection molding, sintered metals, technical ceramics and
others. Lean Manufacturing, Purchasing Project Management and Project Management Training, Sarbanes-Oxley
Training, Certified Cross Cultural Trainer, Presentation Effectiveness, Advanced Excel, Conflict Mediation.
• German and Spanish
• Project Management and Strategic Planning. Contingency Planning
• Organizational skills and problem solving skills (8D, 5Y, Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified. Lean)
• Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Access, MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, MiniTab. Lotus, FoxPro)
Familiarity with ManMan, ASI, BaaN, SAP R3, SAP SRM, RIMS, MRPII, CICS, BuySite (C1), eProcurement
(People Soft) and BuyDemand (Indus), Outlook and Lotus Notes, JDEdwards.
• International strategic sourcing, negotiations & planning
• Compliance evaluations, audits and metrics for purchasing, quality and engineering/manufacturing
• Process Mapping, process documentation, ISO document development.
• Reading Engineering Prints and Understanding GD&T.
References Furnished Upon Request