Seattle Seahawks fans
weren’t the only ones
dancing for joy this week.
Here are three health-care
stocks experiencing their
own super celebrations.
Source: Wikimedia Commons
Furiex Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: FURX)
Shares of this drugmaker skyrocketed a whopping 137% this
Why Furiex rose so furiously
• The company announced
fantastic results from two midstage studies of eluxadoline.
• The drug for diarrheapredominant irritable bowel
syndrome met primary endpoints
for both the FDA and EMA.
• Furiex plans to file for regulatory
approval in the second quarter.
Ohr Pharmaceutical (Nasdaq: OHRP)
Shares of the biotech surged 30% higher for the week.
Why Ohr paddled its way so much higher
• There were no big new
developments this week. The
Stock run-up is probably in
anticipation of the company’s
presentation at the BIO CEO &
Investor Conference on Feb. 11.
• There’s intense interest in wet
AMD drug Squalamine.
Athenahealth (Nasdaq: ATHN)
The cloud-based physicians’ software maker jumped 18% this
Why athenahealth is on Cloud Nine
• It announced stellar Q4 results
• Adjusted earnings of $0.57 per
share blew away analysts’
estimates of $0.44 per share.
• Revenue is up an impressive
48% year-over-year to $171.6
Best pick to stay humongous?
• Furiex shows lots of potential.
• It faces a potential market of 28
million patients in U.S. and Europe.
• Limited treatment options are
available for diarrhea-predominant
irritable bowel syndrome.
• It still must win regulatory approval –
but its prospects look pretty good at
Find out which stock The Motley Fool’s chief
investment officer selected as the top pick for
2014 in our free report!