Transcript of "3 Humongous Healthcare Stocks This Week 2-28-14"
3 Humongous Health-Care
Stocks This Week
While winter is definitely
still here for most of the
U.S., some health-care
stocks are already
generating a lot of heat.
Here are the three most
stocks of the past week.
Source: Wikimedia Commons/
InterMune (Nasdaq: ITMN)
Shares of the biotech soared 118% this week.
Why Intermune more than doubled
• It announced phase 3 data for
• The drug significantly reduced
progression of idiopathic
pulmonary fibrosis in patients.
• InterMune plans to resubmit
the New Drug Application for
Esbriet by Q3 of this year.
Celladon (Nasdaq: CLDN)
Shares of the biotech focusing on cardiovascular disease drugs
jumped more than 49% this week.
Why Celladon took off
• It announced that French drugmaker
Servier optioned its novel SERCA2b
modulators for treating type 2
diabetes and other metabolic
• Servier gets exclusive global rights
outside the U.S.
• Celladon also benefited from two
analysts initiating coverage this week
-- Barclays with an “overweight”
rating and Stifel with a “buy” rating.
Prana Biotechnology (Nasdaq: PRAN)
Shares of the biopharmaceutical company surged nearly 41%
higher for the week.
Why Prana pushed higher
• Investment firm H.C. Wainwright
upped its price target for Prana
from $20.50 to $33 per share.
• The stock experienced a rebound
after a big sell-off two weeks ago.
• That sell-off stemmed from
Summer Street’s doubts about
data for Prana’s PBT2, which
targets treatment of Huntington’s
and Alzheimer’s diseases.
Best pick to stay humongous?
• Any or all of this week’s humongous
stocks could keep moving up.
• Celladon gets the nod for most likely
to continue its winning ways.
• The Servier deal is a huge vote of
confidence for the biotech, which
only recently went public.
• Positive endorsements from major
analysts should keep big money
flowing into this stock.
Find out which stock The Motley Fool’s chief
investment officer selected as the top pick for
2014 in our free report!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.