The Winter Olympics in
Sochi, Russia, wasn’t the
only place to find big
winners this week. Several
health-care stocks also
deserved gold medals for
Source: Wikimedia Commons.
Forest Laboratories (NYSE: FRX)
Shares of this drugmaker soared nearly 36% this week.
Why did Forest catch on fire?
• Specialty pharmaceutical firm
Actavis (NYSE: ACT) announced a
$25 billion buyout of Forest Labs.
• The deal will result in combined
revenues of $15 billion.
• Expected operating synergies are
around $1 billion.
China Biologic Products (Nasdaq: CBPO)
Shares of the biopharmaceutical company surged almost 33%
higher for the week.
Why did China Biologic jump a great wall?
• No big new announcements
from the company this week.
• The earnings announcement is
still a few weeks away.
• The company has bought back
shares in recent months.
Chelsea Therapeutics (Nasdaq: CHTP)
Shares of the biotech climbed nearly 28% this week.
Why did Chelsea shares head north?
• Northera gained approval from
• The drug treats neurogenic
orthostatic hypotension (NOH), a
disorder that affects 80,000 to
• Chelsea expects to launch
Northera in the second half of
Best pick to stay humongous?
• The FDA win for Northera puts
Chelsea in a great position.
• Additional studies are required
since Northera received
accelerated approval, but results
will likely be positive.
• Chelsea appears poised to attract
interest from larger partners.
Find out which stock The Motley Fool’s chief
investment officer selected as the top pick for
2014 in our free report!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.