Transcript of "Paula Parfitt - Randstad Sourceright - 24th Sept"
How to manage your time effectively
- Its not all about time management
Sales & Marketing Director
In a world filled with ‘noise’ are you working hard or hardly working?
DID YOU KNOW….
• Based on an 8 hour working day employees are
productive for 75% of that time
• The average worker admits to spending 18 hours
a week surfing the internet during work hours
• 65% of YouTube viewers watch Monday - Friday
between 9am – 5pm
• 77% of workers who have a Facebook account
use it during office hours
• 60% of online purchases are made during regular
WHAT IS YOUR JOB?
Understanding your role within the wider business
Market Mapping Sourcing Engagement Recruiting
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF…..
End to End
• Reactive Block - deal with emails
• Strategy Block - plan day
• Strategy Block - Research on the role, the company, competitors, the location etc build
search strings, sit in on briefing calls, review benchmark CVs, create compelling message for
• Tasks Block - either source in AM and Call in PM or Source then Call throughout the day
(depending on time difference). includes strategy piece in prep for each call, just thinking
about why the role is right for each particular person, what is the upsell from their current
role/company / location / salary etc....
• They source 80-90 CV's a day and make 40-50 calls a day.
• Non sourcing activity is restricted to one hour a day.
End to End On-Site Recruiter:
• Reactive Block - answer emails
• Issue Resolution Block - e.g. non compliance to process
• Strategy Block - engage with rest of team, on and offsite to update on activity, processes
and hiring strategy
• Tasks Block - Candidate Interviews, taking briefs, briefing suppliers, screening CVs
• People Block - Meet hiring managers
• Strategy Block - reflect and review to assess continuous improvement opportunities
• Tasks Block - brief hiring mgrs, arrange interviews, process internal mobility applications
• Preparation Block - schedule calls for the next day. Plan day
FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
Time management is a fundamental building block of a
high performance team
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.