2. AgendaWhy do people smoke?What you need to knowHarmful health effects of smokingWhat are the benefits of stopping smoking?How can you stop smoking?
3. Why do people smoke?Smoking is funSmoking is a rewardSmoking make me look more manlyWith a cigarette i am not aloneI like to watch the smokeSmoking helps me thinkCigarettes help us to relax
4. What you need to knowMore than 5.4 million people deaths in the world each year are from smoking-related illnesses.Smoking kills an estimated 40,000 people each year in VN.7.5 million surveyed in the United States. They are regular tobacco users and 65% are regular cigarette smokers.90% of all cancer death are caused by lung cancer that is associated with smoking cigarettes.
5. What you need to know• Approximately 80% of adult smokers started before the age of 18. But every day, nearly 3,000 become smokers.• This is estimated that 5 million of our young adults will die prematurely because they made the decision to smoke cigarettes.• Smoking does not only kill yourself, but in fact it kills the loved ones around you as well. Every year, 52,000 non-smokers die from inhaling second-hand smoke.
6. What you need to know• There are 4,000 identified chemicals found in cigarette smoke. 109 of those chemicals are proven cause cancer, and 10 of them are identified to cause birth defects.• The three most health-damaging chemicals in tobacco smoke are nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide.• One pure ounce of nicotine can paralyze and slow the nervous system of an adult man so quickly, he could die within three minutes.
7. Harmful health effects of smoking One in two lifetime smokers will die from their habit. Half of these deaths will occur in middle age. Tobacco smoke contributes to a number of cancers for example lung, stomach, mouth, throat, nose cancer … It slows your blood flow, cutting off oxygen to your feet and hands. Air pollution increases the lung cancer rate of the smoker, but not of the non-smoker. Smokers are sick more often.
8. What are the benefits of stopping smoking?Breathing improves.Chest infections and colds become less frequent.Reduction in smokers cough.The smell of tobacco goes from your breath, clothes, hair, and face.Foods and drinks taste and smell much better.Finances improve.You are likely to feel good about yourself.
9. How can you stop smoking? Set a date for quitting. If possible, have a friend quit smoking with you. Notice when and why you smoke. Try to find the things in your daily life that you often do while smoking. Change your smoking routines. Smoke only in certain places. Try to think of something to do instead of smoking such as chew gum or drink a glass of water. Switch to a brand of cigarettes you dont like.
10. Keep tryingMany ex-smokers did not succeed at first, but they kept trying. The first few days after stopping will probably be the hardest. Show yourself and to the others who you are. Lifes too good and too short to waste on that filthy habit.