* He received more than 20 awards ( Nobel Peace Prize 1993).
* He served in the jail 27 years. * President of South Africa.
* His father died when he is 9 years.
* Mandela began to study for a Bachelor of arts at the Fort Hare University.
* Worked as clerk at a Johannesburg law firm .
* He got B.A degree via correspondence from London .
* After that he studied Laws in Johannesburg .
* He began participating politics in 1948 .
* Mandela and 150 others were arrested on 5 December 1956 and charged with treason .
* In 1961, he became the leader of ANC wing .
* Mandela coordinated sabotage campaigns against military and government targets .
* He planned for war if the sabotage failed. * He raised funds for paramilitary training for his group. * In 1980, anti-apartheid group waged war and many civilians became casualties.
* Until 2008, Mandela and his members were banned from entering the United States
* On 5 August 1962 Mandela was arrested and imprisoned in Johannesburg fort.
* 25 October 1962, Mandela was sentenced to five years in prison and after that the 27 years imprisonment. * Mandela and his members were charged with capital crimes of sabotage ( He admitted). * He was charged with planning for foreign invasion on South Africa.
Statement of Mandela
During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to the struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination . I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve . But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die
* Mandela was imprisoned on Robben Island 18 years ( of 27 ). * Reputation was growing up as important black leader for south Africa . * In jail, he was studying Bachelor of Laws via corresponding from London . * on 11 February 1990 he was released .
* Mandela began negotiating and talks with government and other parties.
* In 1993, ANC leader was assassinated.
* Mandela addressed nation for calm. * Preparing to be a New President.
Presidency of South Africa
* In 1994,First Multi-racial Elections were granted and taken place.
* ANC and Mandela won 62% of the votes in the election. * He is the first black leader there. * His presidency lasted to 1999.
- In 2000, he called to charity for poor children and raised over 20 Million rand . - He became a supporter of SOS children's villages to raise orphaned and abandoned children. - He has efforts to eliminate AIDS in South Africa . - He attacked USA for dropping the atomic bombs in Japan and for Iraq invasion .