1. Business DevelopmentNSTDA’s Soft ServicesJanuary 31, 2011
2. Vision “A Key Partner for a Knowledge-based Society through Science and Technology”Mission NSTDA’s main mission is research and development to strengthen Thailand’s sustainable competitiveness, complemented with the technology transfer and development of human resources and infrastructure in science and technology with the outcomes that have impacts on the society and economy. + Integrity +
3. 4 National Research Centers & 1 Technology Mgt Center.BIOTEC: Genomic Technology & Cell Factory TechnologyMTEC : Design and Simulation for Materials and Manufacturing & Materials Design and ProductionNECTEC: Sensor Technology, Knowledge Engineering Technology & Information Security TechnologyNANOTEC: Nanocoating, Nanoencapsulation & Functional NanostructuresTMC: Technology transfer and commercialization of discoveries and technologies
4. NSTDA’s Professional Resources Researchers 66.65% Researchers 7.62% Management 25.73% Operation As of Nov 2010 = 2,639 persons Bachelor & Lower 1078 persons 40.85 % 42.55% PhD. & Higher 438 persons 16.60% Master Degree 1,123 persons
6. Technology Information Consultation Testing Lab R & D outsourcing or Co-research etc. Delivery Mechanisms Technology Human ResourcesSupport low interest rate loan for R & D projects DevelopmentJoin Investment in NSTDA TechnologyEncourage investment in R & D in private sector Professional Training Database of Experts and R&D Researchers Finance Technology Intensive Skill Labor Intensive Intensive Intensive Enhance competitiveness of more than 2,000 companies Business & Intellectual Property Infrastructure Technology Business IncubationThailand Science Park LicensingSoftware Park Thailand Technology Mgt.Thailand Science Park Convention Center
7. Technopreneur Development Services (TDS)BIC NIC CDP RDP
8. Technology Business Incubation Center“Assist technology business start-up in their early stage.”• Provide effective comprehensive technology business incubation services• Assist spin-off researchers in their business endeavor• Promote investment and funding of technology businesses.• Targeted new start up, Technopreneurs. NSTDA Investment Center Company Directed Tech. Dev. Program “Reducing cost of R&D activities of ThaiEncouraging private sector to transfer technology from NSTDA by joint investment in order to corporate to encourage R&D spending mitigate investment risks and to promote through lower interest loan in order to techno-business in Thailand” improve country competitiveness.”• Join Investment between 25% and 49%. • Cooperating with banks to provide low• Focus on early commercialization stage interest rate loan at the rate of half of 1 investments. year fixed deposit rate plus 1.125%• Provide Management Resource at the • Limiting 75% of the loan request, 30 board level. Million Baht per project and maximum 7• Manage NSTDA Investors day years• Early Access to NSTDA newer Research • Targeted Thai SME Products.
9. Private Sector R&D Promotion Program Research & Dev. Certification Skills Tech. & Innovation “Reducing cost of R&D activities of Thai Encouraging BOI promoted companies to corporate to encourage R&D spending contribute to R&D spending in order to through tax reduction in order to improve improve country competitiveness.” country competitiveness.” • Evaluating R&D projects • Manage S&T supporting fund • Verifying R&D costs. • Report BOI and NSTDA STI committee • Issuing RDC Tax certification for • Targeted BOI approved organization with submission to Revenue Department less than 8 years tax privilege and/or • Targeted all Thai registered with capped tax privilege revenue. organizations www.nstda.or.th/sti-fund Normal case Applied RDCRevenue 10,000,000 10,000,000Expense Sample Corporate Income Tax - Cost of good sold 5,000,000 5,000,000 With RDC TAX privilege - R&D Expenditures 1,000,000 1,000,000EBIT 4,000,000 4,000,000Additional R&D Expenditure Tax deduction 0 1,000,000EBIT (2) 4,000,000 3,000,000 SaveTax Amount ( 30% ) 1,200,000 300,000 900,000
10. NSTDA Academy Professional Training
11. Thailand Science Park Convention Center Service of TSP-CC The 1st & 2nd fl. totaling 2,480 square meters in area can guarantee a successful outcome of world-class meeting, international conferences, special events and upscale exhibitions. The 2nd fl. houses a food court, a restaurant and the NSTDA Shop. The 3rd and 4th fl. include small and medium-sized multipurpose conference rooms 25-70-seat, specialized computer training facilities, reception room, 61-seat boardroom and a sophisticated 376-seat theater-style auditorium.
13. Linkage TMC BIOTEC Text3 Conversation & NECTEC Communication To create Market “TRUST” Enabling NANOTEC MTEC Community / SMEsBusiness matching process Understand Leads opportunities to Matching Interact with customers need Business BD national center/ possible Potential industries and request Need TLO / CPMO/ solutions/ Customer details ITAP/TSP/ services other services Confirm interest and capability That meet to Project Commitment
14. NSTDA Business CenterContact point: Mkt@nstda.or.th