Tie in updated elevator pitchIDC Insights lines of business assist businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Our global research and analysis is focused on mitigating technology risks, maximizing the effectiveness of IT investments, identifying new opportunities, and bringing forth technology solutions that are aligned with the organization's business objectives.
IDC's IT Executive Programs help IT executives make more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful information. IDC's team of 1000+ global analysts paired with CIO Executive Councils' 500+ CIOs members provides IT executives with a global resource to help accelerate the decision making process. Our research and analysis assists IT executives in mitigating technology risks, maximizing the effectiveness of IT investments, identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities, and bringing forth solutions that are aligned with the organization's business objectives. IDC's IT Executive Programs offering includes access to the IDC analyst community and IT executives who help provide guidance and insight to the members. Exclusive benefits include industry-specific data, a close network of your peers, and a dedicated advisor and membership in the CIO Executive Council. We offer a range of services that align with the requirements of your IT organization from very personalized guidance with a CIO advisor to general research to assist with critical decision making.
1. IDC Insights’ ExecutiveOverviewMarch 2012Copyright IDC. Reproduction is forbidden unless authorized. All rights reserved.
2. Agenda Corporate Overview Industry View IDC’s IT Executive Programs (IEP) IT Professional Benchmarking Tools IDC’s Community Worldwide Coverage© IDC Mar-12 2
3. IDG Overview IDG is the worlds leading technology media, events and research company. Since its founding in 1964, IDG has been committed to helping people acquire and use technology successfully IDG brands have become the trusted source for advice and insight into technology news and trends around the world IDG Enterprise brings together unique editorial brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology and security- focused audiences. In addition, the CIO Executive Council, a peer advisory service, brings together the nations top CIOs, as well as provides community and leadership development tools for their staffs. Over the past 48 years, IDG has grown into a multi-billion dollar company, reaching technology audiences in more than 90 countries. Approximately 200 magazines and newspapers and 460 websites are in the IDG world family, which together with events, serve about 270 million people with information one or more times a month.© IDC Mar-12 3
4. IDC Overview IDC is the premier independent global market intelligence, events, and advisory firm for information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the worlds leading technology media, events and research company IDC has been delivering IT intelligence, industry analysis, market data, and strategic guidance since its 1964 founding by Patrick McGovern More than 1,060 IDC analysts, including in-house statisticians and economists, provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries Our multilingual, multicultural workforce surveys over 300,000 technology users and decision makers annually, delivering unrivaled coverage We advise IT professionals on making more effective technology decisions by providing insightful fact-based research and consulting services© IDC Mar-12 4
5. IDC’s Research Assets are DistributedAround the World IDC’s 1,000+ analysts are located in all regions around the world with coverage of 110 countries. EMEA / CEMA 29% US/Canada 34% Latin America 8% Asia / Pacific inc. Japan 29%© IDC Mar-12 5
6. An Industry View Integratedwith a Technology View Provide definitive IT market size and assumptions about technology market adoption Technology Expertise Industry Expertise Vertical Integration Information technology Industry business Industry segmentation environment IT market dynamics of IT markets Industry business IT vendor strategies Cross industry view processes Shipments (market size) of investment priorities IT vendors serving Outlook on technology IT vendors’ that industry advancements industry strategies IT investment priorities Industry-specific technology Provide outlook about demand for and application of IT in that industry © IDC Mar-12 6
7. IDC Insights - Specific Advisory Services IDC Insights lines of business assist businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Our global research and analysis is focused on mitigating technology risks, maximizing the effectiveness of IT investments, identifying new opportunities, and bringing forth technology solutions that are aligned with the organizations business objectives. Serving the energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing and retail industries, our research covers over 200 technology markets including cloud computing, business analytics, outsourcing, enterprise mobility, sustainability, IT governance, data center, social media and many more. “IDC has demonstrated a solid approach for concentrating on and carving out the Insights product lines based on a core of best practices and benchmarking metrics. Each of the verticals prodcuts has specific deliverables that meet the needs of that vertical industry, underscoring IDC’s philosophy that one size will not fit all.” Outsell Inc., “IDC Grows Vertically Through Insights Product Line”, Nov. 07© IDC Mar-12 7
8. IDC Insights Competencies Smart Grid  Mobile Banking and Payment  Infrastructure Consolidation Clean Energy  Enterprise Risk Management  Smart Government Intelligent Oil and Gas  Customer Centricity  Smart Cities Utility Analytics Accountable Care  Supply Chain Modernization  Retail PLM and Sourcing Optimization Connected Health  Next Generation Product Lifecycle Management  Customer Experience (Retail Healthcare Industry Omnichannel) Reform  Operational Technology  Merchandising Strategies Life Sciences Industry Transformation© IDC Mar-12
9. IDC Insights Research DocumentArchitecture We develop our research around IT decisions Insights Research % of WW/US2012 Business Decisions Document Types Insights StudiesUnderstanding WhereIndustry Is Going Top 10 Predictions 13%Developing BusinessStrategy and Processes Business Strategy 30%Making theBusiness Case Best Practices 20%Selecting the RightTechnology Technology Selection 14%Selecting the RightIT Supplier Vendor Assessment 15%ImplementingTechnology Methods and Practices 10%© IDC Mar-12
10. IDC’s IT Executive Programs Bringing Together the Resources of IDC and IDG The Leading Source for IT Information Our IT Executive Programs unique offering brings together the strength of IDC and our parent company, IDG, the world’s leading technology media, events and research company. IDG, a multi-billion dollar company that has been operating for over 48 years, produces approximately 200 publications and 460 websites. Together, with more than 700 branded conferences in 55 countries (including CIO Executive Council and CIO magazine events), IDG serves over 270 million people with information one or more times a month.© IDC Mar-12 10
11. IDC’s IT Executive Programs (IEP) Driving Business Strategy through TechnologyIDC’s IT Executive Programs consists of a family of research programs intended to help today’s time-constrained IT executives make more effective technology decisions. The goal of the program is to offeraccurate and timely research that will assist IT executives in mitigating technology risks, maximizingthe effectiveness of IT investments, identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities, and bringing forthsolutions that are aligned with the organization’s business objectives.IDC’s IT Executive Programs offers a range of services that align with the requirements for your ITorganization - from very personalized guidance with a CIO advisor to general research to assist with criticaldecision making.Executive Technology Advantage Program - Your high touch executive decision making serviceIndustry Technology Advantage Program – Technology insights put into the context of your organizationGlobal Technology Advantage Program – Technology insights for critical decision making© IDC Mar-12
12. IDC’s IT Executive Programs (IEP) IDC’s IT Executive Programs help IT executives mitigate risk and maximize technology investments by providing global access to IDC’s technology and industry specific research and analysts IDC gives executives the flexibility to create the program that will help achieve outlined corporate goals – from high touch executive decision making services to technology insight for critical decision making Program Features CIO Benefits Professional IT Executive Advisor Guidance CIO Executive IT Community Council Network / Leadership IDC Industry Business Insight Specific Research IDC Global Research Technology Insight© IDC Mar-12 12
13. IDC IT Advisory Tools - “SmartTools” IDC sets the standard for advisory solutions with a rigorous, fact-based approach designed to optimize your technology purchasing and deployment decisions.SmartAnalysis: SmartIndex:Assists senior sourcing, procurement, and asset Third-party, objective, price benchmarking servicemanagement professionals with competitive designed to ensure that buyers will maintainintelligence and market analysis by providing exacting competitive pricing at the beginning and over thepeer pricing benchmarks and cost management course of their IT contracts.insights.SmartBuy: Smart Fair Market Value:Online resource, provides a benchmark to chart Saves time and money when establishing financialbuyer price position. Strengthens user bargaining terms for used IT hardware acquisitions, end-of-leasepower on all desktop PC, laptop, server, and purchases, liquidation of IT assets, or analysis relatedworkstation products. to fair market values. “IDC has been a great help and we have already saved on our PC pricing.” “IDC has helped us to save over $1M per year. - IDC SmartIndex User We gave the vendor a 3 year deal because they agreed to adhere to IDC’s SmartIndex.” - IDC SmartIndex User© IDC Mar-12 13
14. IDC Community - Six Industry Groups… 6 © IDC Mar-12
15. …and One Cross-Industry Group© IDC Mar-12
16. More Information For more news please visit www.idc.com or the specific Insights Websites© IDC Mar-12 16
17. IDC’s Worldwide GeographicCoverageCopyright IDC. Reproduction is forbidden unless authorized. All rights reserved.
18. IDC’s Worldwide Geographic CoverageAmericas (22) United States Canada Latin America Argentina Honduras Bolivia Mexico Brazil Nicaragua Chile Panama Colombia Paraguay Costa Rica Peru Dominican Rep. Puerto Rico Ecuador Trinidad & Tobago El Salvador Uruguay Guatemala Venezuela© IDC Mar-12
19. IDC’s Worldwide Geographic CoverageEMEA - Europe, Middle East, Africa (81) Europe Middle East/Africa Austria Bulgaria Bahrain Algeria Belgium Croatia Israel Angola Denmark Cyprus Jordan Botswana Finland Czech Republic Kuwait Egypt France Estonia Lebanon Ethiopia Germany FYROM Oman Ghana Greece Georgia Pakistan Kenya Ireland Hungary Qatar Libya Italy Kazakhstan Saudi Arabia Madagascar Netherlands Kosovo Syria Mauritius Norway Kyrgyzstan Turkey Morocco Portugal Latvia UAE Mozambique Spain Lithuania Yemen Namibia Sweden Malta Rest of Middle East Nigeria Switzerland Moldova South Africa United Kingdom Montenegro Tanzania --- Poland Tunisia Albania Romania Uganda Azerbaijan Russia Zambia Belarus Serbia Zimbabwe Bosnia Slovakia Rest of Africa and Herzegovina Slovenia Tajikistan Turkmenistan Ukraine Uzbekistan© IDC Mar-12
20. IDC’s Worldwide Geographic CoverageAsia/Pacific & Japan (18) Asia/Pacific Australia Philippines Bangladesh PRC Cambodia Singapore Hong Kong Sri Lanka India Taiwan Indonesia Thailand Korea Vietnam Malaysia Rest of A/P New Zealand Japan© IDC Mar-12
21. IDC Influence:Media MentionsCopyright IDC. Reproduction is forbidden unless authorized. All rights reserved.
22. IDC Is the Industry Leader inWorldwide Media Mentions January – August 2011 13,043 12,892 14,000 12,000 10,000 8,000 6,000 4,429 4,000 3,273 2,000 1,432 519 0 IDC Gartner Forrester Frost & Ovum Yankee Sullivan Source: Factiva© IDC Mar-12 22
23. Questions and Future Requests… Rob Weber 303-831-4321 firstname.lastname@example.org© IDC Mar-12 23