Installing the DB2 Sample Database on your i5
The DB2 UDB Development team at IBM has shipped a sample database with its cross
platform versions of DB2 for Windows, Linux, and various Unix platforms that are
supported for a number of years.
This database is available on i5 and iSeries machines and can be installed via the
following procedure using iSeries Navigator!
Here are the instructions:
Create the Sample Database
1. Open iSeries Navigator and logon to your machine.
2. Select and expand Database.
3. Select and expand the Schema name (your machine name) as illustrated below:
4. Right click on the machine and select “Run SQL Scripts”
5. From the Run SQL Scripts tool select “CALL
QSYS.CREATE_SQL_SAMPLE('collection');” as shown below:
6. Then click the Insert Button – Your screen should like this:
7. Edit the call statement changing the name “collection” to “SAMPLE”!
8. Now run the CALL statement by selecting RUN ALL from the Run menu
That’s it… You should now have created the DB2 Sample Database on your machine.
Close the Run SQL Statements Dialog!
Now, go back to iSeries Navigator.
Add Sample database to iSeries Navigator
Under Databases click on Schema to select it and right click to display the context menu.
Click on “Select Schemas to Display as illustrated above.
When the Selection dialog appears type the name SAMPLE in the field labeled “Enter
schema names as illustrated below.
Click the ADD button and SAMPLE will appear in the list of “Selected Schemas”. Click
OK to complete the process.
iSeries Navigator should now appear as follows when you select and expand the