1125 Route 22 West, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Phone (908) 429-8008 Ext 392, Fax (908) 429-8005
Contact: Pankaj Shah
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Over SIX years of rigorous experience in design and development of web and Client-server applications
with strengths in J2EE architecture, EJB, JSP, Servlets, Design Patterns, Struts 1.0.2, Java,
+, C, Weblogic 6.1, Websphere 4.0, XML, UML, JDBC, PL/SQL, Oracle 8.0, DB2 and SQL
• Rich experience in user specifications, functional specifications, high-level design, detail design and
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Modeling & Design, Data Analysis and Design using tools like
• Worked as the Weblogic and Websphere administrator deploying J2EE applications.
• Has experience working in startups with fast pace development and working in large organizations like
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, GE, VERIZON, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS.
• Experienced in complete software lifecycle, with key focus on design for relational database systems for
Internet and PL/ SQL. Worked on open systems and mainframes using COBOL.
• Enterprise level work experience working in large groups for turnkey projects covered by ISO and CMM
level 4 standards.
Operating Systems: Windows NT, UNISYS mainframe, Sun Solaris, Mac OSX, AIX, LINUX.
Languages: Java, C++, C, UML, XSL, PERL, SQL, FORTRAN, HTML, BASIC, VB, XML,
Java Applications: J2EE, EJB, Java beans, RMI, JDBC, SERVLETS, Swing, AWT, applets, Design
patterns, JSP, JMS, Struts, Web Services, SOAP, LDAP.
Tools: Visual Cafe, JBuilder, IVR, VJ++, Visual Interdev, ASP, Visual Age, VC++, CVS,
Visio, Rational Rose, Erwin, Ultradev 5.0, Homesite, Actuate, PeopleSoft CRM 8.0,
PeopleTools 8.16, ant, ssh client.
Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server.
Application Server: Websphere 4, Web logic 7.0/6.0/5.1, iPlanet 6.0, coldfusion 5.0, Jrun.
Other Skills: Design, Programming, code-review, Team Lead, Technical.
Dec ‘02 – Aug ‘03 Verizon
Software Engineer Dallas, TX
This assignment involves development of a Voice XML application for Verizon. This application was
developed for the Verizon online i.e for the customers using Verizon Dial-up, DSL or ISDN service. We
developed the application using Web logic, java, xml, xsl, and VoiceXml. VXML, XML and XSL were used
to create Voice XML pages. XMLs were converted to voicexmls dynamically using XSLT.
• Study of the call flows of the different functional modules of the System.
• Design and development of voice interfaces using Voice XML technologies.
• Development of the server side and front side of the product using Voice XML, java, XML and XSL.
• Developed XML/Voice XML/XSL pages for the vol functionality.
Pages 1 of 6
• Developed xml, xsl for disconnect and payment functionality.
• Developed Session bean, servlets, JDBC, java classes for payment mailing address.
• Worked on weblogic 7.0 to deploy EJBs and created jdbc pools.
• Implemented grammars for the vol. Used dtmf, slots and ASR for the grammars
• Created grammars, vxml pages, xsl, xml and java classes.
XML, Speechworks, VoiceGenie voice gateway, BBN ASR engine, rhetorical TTS engine,
Oct ‘02 – Dec ‘02 GE Capital
Software Engineer Cincinnati, OH
This assignment involves development of an application for GE Capital. This application is used by the card
services division of the GE Capital to create and maintain records of the various customers of their clients like
Walmart, JCPenny etc.
• Study of the use cases of the different functional modules of the System.
• Design and development of application using java technologies.
• Development of the server side and front side of the product using J2EE, Java, JSP, XML, EJB and java
• Extensively used Struts for the application framework. Wrote action classes, form beans, stateless session
• Used MVC design pattern for the development. Used Ant for the application deployment.
• Worked on exceptions, logging, java beans.
design pattern, middleware, CASS, jdbc, oracle, mks, Togethersoft 6.0, UML.
Jul ‘02 – Sep ‘02 Texas Instruments
Software Engineer, Butterfly (http://education.ti.com/) Dallas, TX
Texas Instruments Educational & Productivity Solutions (E&PS) is an education technology leader working
with educators throughout the world in developing classroom technology. TI works with educators from
product concept to production to design products, professional development services, and support materials
that enrich the classroom learning experience at every grade level. The Objective of the BEA Web Portal is to
gather user profiles based on information solicited by E&PS, as well as user interactions with education.ti.com
Consolidate user information across multiple marketing programs including explorations Online, Professional
Development, Customer Service, and the TI Online Store. Personalize marketing programs based on
consolidated user profiles. Improve information architecture and usability of education.ti.com.To provide a
dynamic environment via the BEA portal, in which user profiles are used to generate a customized and
personalized web experience for our external customers.
• Responsible for migrating the product world module of the portal
Interwoven TeamSite 5.0 Creating project workflow and setting Metadata using TeamSite.
• Creation of includes files for navigation Eliminating browser compatibility issues.
portal 5.0, Solaris, Windows 2000.
Jan ‘02 – Jun ‘02 General Magic
Pages 2 of 6
Software Engineer Sunnyvale, CA
This assignment involves development of a Voice XML application for GE. GE needed an application to be
used by their sales people so that they can get the valuable information over the phone, when they don’t have
access to the Internet. Working with general magic that was preparing this application for GE. Developed the
application using Weblogic 6.1 and application was deployed on Web Sphere 4.01 for production. Java beans
and JSP pages were used to create Voice XML pages. We used general magic’s enterprise platform and voice
gateway for the application.
• Study of the Dialog specifications of the different functional modules of the System.
• Application analysis of the whole application.
• Design and development of voice interfaces using Voice XML technologies. Development of the server
side and front side of the product using J2EE, Java, JSP, XML, SOAP and Voice XML.
• Extensively used Struts for the application framework. Used MVC design pattern for the development.
• Used Ant for the application deployment. Developed JSP/Voice XML pages for change community and
FAQ functionality. Implemented global grammars for change community and FAQ.
• Configured and administered Web Logic and Web Sphere. Deployed J2EE application on Web logic and
Environment: Voice XML, J2EE, Web Sphere Application Server 4.0, Web logic Application Server 6.1,
works, IBM MQ Series, MVC design pattern, General magic’s Enterprise platform, General
magic’s voice gateway.
Sep ‘01 – Dec ‘01 Intertrade
Software Engineer Camphell, CA
This assignment involved development of a trade management solution from intertrade. The solution provides
a single commerce platform that delivers more efficient transaction execution and seamless integration with
partners and applications.
• Worked on ecLink that is the user interface for the application.
• Study and development of the front side of the product using JSP.
• Development of the server side using J2EE, java and stateless Session Beans.
• Developed Enterprise Java Beans and deployed on Orion Application Server (Oracle 9i Application
Server is built upon Orion Application Server).
• Wrote sql queries to insert and update database. Used JavaBeans to interact with the database.
MQ Series, IBM aix, JBuilder, EDI
Jun ‘01 – Aug ‘01 Macromedia
Software Engineer Redwood city, CA
This assignment involved evaluation of a product Ultradev 5.0 from macromedia and developing java, JSP,
asp pages and running them on wepsphere application server. Ultradev 5.0 is a powerful HTML editor tool for
integrated web graphics and data driven web applications. UltraDev 4, with all the powerful new features of
Dreamweaver 4, helps in constructing ASP, JSP, or ColdFusion applications with total control over source
code. Also, ultradev has with built-in server behaviors and shortcuts.
• Study of various features such as master detail page set, recordset navigation, go to related page, live data,
database connectivity and record set etc. on Macintosh.
Pages 3 of 6
• Creation of ASP, JSP pages and Java classes and deployed on websphere.
• Used SQL query and stored procedures.
Environment: IBM Websphere 3.5, Ultradev 5.0, Dreamwaver, Macintosh OSX, Macintosh 9.1, VisualAge
Sql Server, sql, stored procedure
Mar ‘01 – May ‘01 Techspan Inc
This assignment involved development of a web-based portal for TechSpan Inc. called techspan.net. Techspan
will use this portal within the organization and this may well be sold in the market. Portal will have every
feature to offer like technical discussion, bulletin board, chat, classifieds etc.
• Application Architect and designer.
• Responsible for screen design for assigned modules.
• Database design for assigned module-using Erwin.
• Application design using rational rose and UML for EJB, interfaces and java classes
• Created use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams, component diagrams using Rational Rose.
Used Value object, façade and singleton design pattern.
Environment: EJB 2.0, J2EE, weblogic application server 6.0, Rational Rose, XML, JAVA, JSP,
May ‘00 - Feb ‘01 Sun Microsystems
Santa Clara, CA
This assignment-involved development of an e-commerce B2B and B2C product called SellerXpert.
SellerXpert is part of B2B e-commerce product by iPlanet. Initially, worked with buyerxpert 4.0 team on Base
architecture and framework. Also worked on implementing Internationalization and localization in
BuyerXpert. Area of development was on java, servlets, JSP, LDAP, oracle and actuate. Worked on reports
module in sellerxpert. Data for the reports were fetched from oracle using sql queries, and for LDAP passed
using java framework.
• Worked on base architecture Java classes, which is the base for the whole application and developed
functionalities like localization.
• Worked on application based on rule engines.
• Designed the architecture and development of the reports module using JSP, Servlets, java, oracle,
actuate and LDAP.
• Worked on oracle and LDAP to extract data for reports. Implemented internationalization and
localization. Designed the architecture and implemented customization in reports module.
• Worked on PERL scripts for deploying reports. Used iplanet application server for development.
• Implemented currency conversion for different countries in reports. Installing application and configuring
it. Created complex SQL queries to fetch data from oracle for reports.
Environment: EJB 1.1, iPlanet application server 6.0, iPlanet web server 4.1, XML, SAX Parser, CVS,
Feb ‘00 – May ‘00 Hot Locker
• Designed the whole folder module. Also worked on fileupload, download, ftp file transfer, http file transfer
and creation and deletion of files and folders.
Pages 4 of 6
• User interface for file access control. Design, coding and implementation of the business logic for the
Folder module. Implemented ftp file transfer and http file transfer for uploading and downloading.
• Unit testing and system integration testing.
• Coding of the folder entity bean and related stateless session beans. Implemented business logic for folder
• Responsible for designing GUI for folder module. Designed HTML pages using servlets.
Applets, Frame, Awt, multithreading, FACADE design pattern.
Jan ‘99 – Feb ‘00 Tata Infotech Ltd
Team Leader/ Architect/Designer India
• Responsible for designing, coding, debugging and integration of the various modules and packaging.
• Worked as configuration team leader and was solely responsible for preparing functional specification
document and project requirement document.
• Prepared functional specification for the whole project.
• High-level design and Detail Design of the semester module. Worked as quality team leader and was
responsible for QA guidelines to be followed.
• Coding of the User and Semester modules using servlets and Java Beans.
• Used JDBC to connect to the database and used connection pooling. Output reviews according to QMG
guidelines. Designed the coding standards and GUI standards for the project.
• Worked as the web administrator for the project. Created GUI in AWT, swing, HTML and ASP.
Environment: JAVA, Servlets, Swing, JDBC, Html, ASP, IIS, IBM’s Web Sphere, Visio, Visual Age,
Jul ‘98 – Dec ‘98 Tata Infotech Limited
Team member India
• Responsible for designing, coding, testing and debugging the application.
• User Interface Design of Semester modules using AWT. Coding of the Semester Management modules.
• Unit and System testing of Semester module. Output reviews according to QMG guidelines.
Environment: JAVA, JDBC, Servlets, IIS, WebSphere, VisualAge, Visual Cafe, Applet, Awt.
Jul ‘97 – Jun ‘98 MASSACHUSETTS DEPT OF REVENUE
Team Member/ Team Leader
• Development of the tools for the renovation using C, C++ and VB.
• Involved in renovation of COBOL applications on Unisys 2200. Customised tools Combiat & Cobmira
were used for the COBOL programs. My activities included analysis of the code, renovation, review
of the renovated code, compiling and testing of the renovated code. Was also responsible for Bug
fixing and Documentation.
• Ensuring adherence to all QMS standards, procedures and Guidelines for Quality Assurance.
• As the team leader, Responsible for the delivery of the code for my team. And, as the team leader, was
responsible for the code reviews for the whole team’s renovated code.
Environment: Unisys mainframe, C, C++, VB, COBOL, DB1100, PVCS, VC++.
Pages 5 of 6
Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi, Delhi, India (74%).
Pages 6 of 6
Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Delhi College of Engineering, University of Delhi, Delhi, India (74%).
Pages 6 of 6