1125 US Highway Route 22 West, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Phone (908) 429-8008 Ext 313, Fax (908) 429-8005
Contact: Nilesh Adani
Resume of VENKATA GOPINATH (Ref # 3163)
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
• Over Five years of experience on IBM mainframes using COBOL II, DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM, and
TSO/ISPF with over 18 months of experience on AS/400.
• Involved in System life cycle development of projects, which have encompassed analysis, design,
coding, and testing of commercial applications.
• Experienced in developing both online and batch programs using COBOL, CICS and DB2.
• Proficient in maintenance and production support for applications on Mainframes and AS/400.
• Experienced in developing migration programs to load data from mainframe files into DB2 tables.
• Experienced in migration of OS/VS COBOL to COBOL for MVS, CICS 2.1 to CICS 4.1.
• Working knowledge of UNIX, and WINDOWS NT/2000/98 Client/Server environment.
Hardware: IBM 3090, IBM AS/400
Operating Systems: MVS/ESA, OS/390, OS/400, VSE, UNIX, NT/98/2000
Languages: VS-COBOL II, JCL, SQL, JAVA 2.0, C, C++, RPG, HTML, Java Script,
PASCAL, FORTRAN, ASSEMBLER.
Access Methods: VSAM
Transaction Systems: CICS/ESA, MQ Series
Tools and Utilities: CAInter Test, XPEDITOR, QA HYPER STATION, MILLENNIUM, File-
Aid, ISPF/PDF, CA – TELON, QMF, OPC, SPUFI, Endeavor
Office Tools: MS Office, MS Project, Lotus Notes
Data Base: DB2, DB2/400, ORACLE 8i, MS Access
GUI Tools: FORMS 4.5, Crystal Reports 8, and Visual Basic 6.0
Jan '00 to Present Verizon,
SSNS - Integrated Order Manager
Involved in design and development of Integrated Order Manager (IOM) System, a COBOL II/CICS/DB2
system. Involved in maintenance of Express Track Billing and Accounting System. Responsible for
managing workflow of customer orders, like Long-distance, Internet, Cellular, and Paging services. It
consists of various sub process like rate process, ranking process, discount process etc. This application is
closely interfaced with Express Track billing system.
• Implemented business-driven application enhancements through coding, unit and integration testing,
and implementation activities.
• Developed both online and batch programs using COBOL, CICS and DB2.
• Prepared data mappings, analysis and design documents, and test scripts to ensure original
requirements were met.
• Interfaced with Quality Assurance Team during system testing phase to implement code fixes.
Hardware Platform: IBM 3090, MVS/ESA and Windows NT
Software Platform: COBOL II, JCL, DB2, CICS, TSO/ISPF, XPEDITOR, File Aid, SPUFI, QMF,
Page 1 of 4
Resume of VENKATA GOPINATH
Apr '99 to Dec ’99 Ameriserve Distribution Services, Miami
Cost of Sales and Sales Support System
This is a food distribution services application, which involves maintenance and enhancements on multiple
platforms like Mainframe and AS/400. It’s predominantly a batch process, which receives the transactions
from the Centers like orders, adjustments, and exception records. The center data is processed during the
billing cycle, which creates the various reports and files like unit recap, billing cycle audit trails, service
reliability, invoice and pricing. This application involves various sub-processes like daily, weekly, monthly
and yearly process.
• Responsible for maintenance and production support for applications on Mainframes and AS/400.
• Batch programs were developed in COBOL, DB2 and online programs were developed in CICS,
COBOL, and DB2.
• Coded and tested new Cobol and RPG programs to cater to new user requirements and business rule
• Adding new accounts and SKU’s
• Developed various utilities like Edit validation User Interface Utility, Generic FTP routine, automated
tape backup system.
• Involved in writing the functional specifications for JDEdwards conversion.
Hardware Platform: IBM 3090, MVS/ESA, IBM AS/400 V4R2M0, Sun Solaris, NT
Software Platform: COBOL II, JCL, XPEDITOR, CICS, DB2, File-Aid, MQ Series,
RPG/400, COBOL/400, CL/400, OS/400, LXI Scheduler, Aldon CMS, Sun OS 5.6,
Oracle 8, KShell, FTP, Crystal Reports 8, Visual Basic 6.0, Business Objects
Aug '98 to March ’99 IBM Global Services,
NAD Mainframe Elimination Project
This project involves replatforming the ProSource Distribution Services application code from VSE to
AS/400 and renovation (making Y2K enable) for the applications like Bromar, PO Allocation and Inventory,
Sales Reporting, LJS Tracking, Interim Pricing, Special Invoice Processing, Cost of Sales, International,
Physical Inventory, Loss Control, Order Processing, and Sales Reporting etc. Data in various formats like
FOCUS, flat data files from user centers, VSAMs and GDGs had to be migrated to corresponding formats in
AS400. Also JCL had to be converted to corresponding CL statements.
• Developed a compare tool for comparing two physical files, which allows the user to specify the
offsets to be masked and it, also does the byte compare.
• Involved in writing corresponding CL’s for JCL’s
• Involved in writing interface programs and SQL queries for Oracle financial system.
• Involved in writing new Cobol and RPG programs for missing sources
• Involved in developing migration programs to load the data from mainframe files into DB2 tables and
Drafting Test Plans.
• Involved in Worked with IBM Miami group in testing the replatformed and renovated code from VSE
Hardware Platform: VM, IBM AS/400 V4R2M0, NT
Software Platform: OS/VS COBOL, COBOL/400, RPG/400, DB2, Control Language, OS/400, PDM,
DFU, SDA, ISDB, DDS
Page 2 of 4
Resume of VENKATA GOPINATH
Jan '97 to July ’98 Cognizant Technology
Client: AETNA, Ontario, CANADA
This is an insurance project with sub systems like EXCLAIMS and PROCLAIMS which provide the
functionality for group and individual employee health and life insurance.
It involved support for the service requests raised by clients and writing new modules to incorporate new
functionality for the existing system.
It also involved converting the operating environment from MVS/ESA to OS/390, converting the
application environment from OS/VS COBOL to COBOL for MVS, CICS 2.1 to CICS 4.1, EASYTRIEVE
6.1 to 6.2 and enhancing the 2000 programs comprising of COBOL, TELON, EASYTRI EVE, FORTRAN
and ASSEMBLER modules with over 2.2 million lines of code to be compliant with Year 2000.
• Responsible for maintenance and production support for EXCALIMS and PROCLAIMS system.
• Batch programs were developed in COBOL/370 and online programs were developed using
COBOL/370 and CICS 4.1 on OS/390.
• Enhancements for PROCLAIMS were done using TELON and proprietary software called IN-
• Migration of OS/VS COBOL to COBOL for MVS, CICS 2.1 to CICS 4.1 and making the code
• Preparing Impact Analysis and Design Documents for Year 2000 impact and Test Plan drafting for
functional and Year 2000 testing of the system.
Hardware Platform: MVS/ESA, OS/390, Win 98
Software Platform: OS/VS COBOL, COBOL /370, CICS, VSAM, JCL, ASSEMBLER, Incontrol,
XPEDITOR, Endeavor, QA-HyperStation, DADS, CCCA Tool, PCT Tool
Program Coverage Tool (PCT)
PCT is a tool, which generates details regarding the program coverage for specific test cases. It does so by
putting probes at nodes in the program. It stores all the statistics in the VSAM file and generate statistics
like program coverage (how much percentage does your data has covered the program) overall coverage for
the program for all the runs, individual coverage for each run, how many times each node was covered etc.
• Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing.
• The tool was developed using COBOL/370, CICS, VSAM and JCL.
Hardware Platform: IBM-3090, MVS/ESA
Software Platform: MVS, COBOL for MVS, CICS, VSAM and JCL
April ’96 to December ’96 Dun & Bradstreet Satyam
Client: Dun & Bradstreet Software, USA
IC: M belongs to the materials management family of Dun & Brad Street Software Services, Inc. (D&B
Software) products. IC: M, along with Purchase Order: Millennium (PO: M) and Accounts Payable:
Millennium (AP: M), gives a total materials management solution. IC: M is an automated inventory
management system that meets the particular needs of service industries, such as Hospitals, Banks,
Insurance Companies and Utilities.
Page 3 of 4
Resume of VENKATA GOPINATH
• Involved in design and development of new modules in IC, which needs to be integrated into the
product per new user requirements.
• Coding programs for enhancement of the system
• Resolving Service Requests raised by the client.
Hardware Platform: IBM-3090, MVS/ESA, Windows 95
Software Platform: MVS, VS COBOL-II, MILLENNIUM, CICS, DB2, VSAM, XPEDITER, Panvalet,
June ’95 to March ’96 Software Solutions Integrated Limited
Client: Sanmac Motors, Madras
Hire Purchase and Lease System
Hire Purchase and Leasing System consists of conventional modules like Hire Purchase, Lease, Promissory
Note Application, Legal Particulars, Repossession Particulars, and insurance Details etc. This application is
part of centralized Financial Services System, which has various modules like Deposit Management System,
Share Transfer System, Financial Accounting System, Hire Purchase and Leasing and Fixed asset System.
• Coding and Testing
Server Platform: HP Vectra LC with I486 DX2 at 66 MHz EISA M/C
Client Platform: I486 SX at 33 MHz PCs running MS-Windows, UNIXWARE, NOVELL Netware
3.11, Oracle CDE Tools, Oracle Forms 4.5
Software Platform: Oracle 7 Release 7.1 RDBMS with PQO, SQL*Plus 3.1, PL/SQL 1.0,
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering,
Attended an In-house Training conducted by Dun and Bradstreet Satyam Software on IBM Mainframe
related skills like VS COBOL II, MVS/ESA, VSAM, CICS, JCL, DB2, etc.
Attended AS/400 training at IBM Global Services, Miami.
and HTML on Web logic Application Server 5.1and IBM Visual Age for Java 3.0.
Page 4 of 4