• Most corporations and global enterprises invest in
intellectual property (IP).
• In some situations, IP is used as a currency
• IP covers:
– Trade secrets
• Purpose of IP is to protect the ideas of a company
in a capitalist economy.
• Manufacturing a product
• Licensing out patents (don’t be a patent troll)
• Protecting current products
• Trading intellectual property with other companies
• Extent of protection is determined by individual
• Extends protection of IP to another economy
– Increases profits on a given product
• Research which countries it would be most
profitable to file in
1. Research previous patents and prior art.
2. Perform proper translations with minimal mistakes.
Hire IP translation services with expertise.
3. Be prepared to fight in court. Not all IP litigation is
• Keep tabs on your IP
• Some IP can deteriorate in months if violated
• Pick your battles
• Keep legal advice on hand
• MultiLing is an IP translation company that will
ensure your product is well protected in a foreign